GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#842810 - 10/16/12 06:30 PM BFG Idea?
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Marietta, GA
Since BF is so popular now, was wondering if they might try to compete with Adventure Company's large file downloads (mostly, and/or strictly adventure). I'm asking this, because obviously, the day of the boxed game is gone (or almost) and feel they could do very well with this idea. Welcome any comments. Thanks.

#842813 - 10/16/12 06:49 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Big Fish does offer some large-file adventure games already, of course. I suspect that one of the factors involved in what large-file adventure games they carry in the future will be whether or not the creator/publisher of the game is willing to sell the game at a reduced price. wave

#842815 - 10/16/12 06:56 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Marian. In my opinion, I believe people would be willing to pay more for large file games (preferably newer) in order to buy from a trusted source. Definitely do not mean Adventure Company games are not trusted!

#842843 - 10/16/12 08:24 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Laurette
I'm asking this, because obviously, the day of the boxed game is gone (or almost)

It's not gone yet. You can even find boxed casual games in local shops, though it's harder to find boxed adventure games.

#842855 - 10/16/12 09:14 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

jenny100: My favorite games are adventure games. Play HO games,when no adventure games are available. Thought: would a survey be appropriate as to what the majority prefers?

Thanks.

#842858 - 10/16/12 10:02 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Laurette, given that this is an adventure website, most people come here because they are adventure game players. Many of these people play casual games either to fill the gap between games or to play when they do not have time for a full fledged adventure game. Many also dabble in the DarkSide games as well. Some days it just depends on your mood.

BigFish has quite a nice selection of adventure games Right here.

The Adventure Company went belly up years ago and is now part of Nordic Games. They already have some of their games available on BF as well.

Ana wave

#842965 - 10/17/12 11:53 AM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Ana. Did not know about The Adventure Company.

#843018 - 10/17/12 05:35 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: Laurette
Since BF is so popular now, was wondering if they might try to compete with Adventure Company's large file downloads (mostly, and/or strictly adventure). I'm asking this, because obviously, the day of the boxed game is gone (or almost) and feel they could do very well with this idea. Welcome any comments. Thanks.

Whether or not it's because I'm in the UK, I can't say, but disk versions of Adventure games are still the norm purchase for me. I've only been forced into buying downloads on rare occasions.
So "the boxed game" is definitely NOT gone bravo

And I can buy many Casuals that are boxed also - although not quite as many as BigFish offer by download lol

#843035 - 10/17/12 06:34 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: Laurette]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
Mad,

You'll have to start a little business of buying the discs and shipping them to those of us here who still want them.

#843092 - 10/17/12 11:36 PM Re: BFG Idea? [Re: oldbroad]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
If only I had the time, eh, oldbroad !! lol lol

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (Marian, SCOTTY, Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, robert gray, kjos, RebKean, Melia, Sorta Blonde, maryjo), 79 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users