GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Online Privacy: Ghostery #843022
10/17/12 05:48 PM
10/17/12 05:48 PM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
I've been going nuts with pages loading at the speed of molasses in December thanks to all the online trackers my browser informed me I was going through. The more heavily laden a site was with Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, you name it, the longer the page took to load, IMO. Something was doing it and those seemed the most likely culprit. Then quite by accident, I found Ghostery

"Ghostery is your window into the invisible web – tags, web bugs, pixels and beacons that are included on web pages in order to get an idea of your online behavior."

Ghostery tracks over 1,000 trackers and gives you a roll-call of the ad networks, behavioral data providers, web publishers, and other companies interested in your activity.

"Ghostery allows zero-tolerance blocking of anything ad related, complete (visible) open communication with ad companies, or countless measures in between - determined by you, the informed web user."

You can choose to block all of these things or some or none. I checked all. They say their very fast scan may slow down pages loading. I've found just the opposite to be true.

Anyway, if you don't like being watched every minute, check out Ghostery .

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Re: Online Privacy: Ghostery [Re: traveler] #843041
10/17/12 07:19 PM
10/17/12 07:19 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Thanks, Traveler.
I've seen it as a Firefox Addon, but didn't realize it also had verions for Safari, Chrome, IE, and Opera as well.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 253 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users