GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#847725 - 11/07/12 04:41 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

You should ask first about Brenda and about his past.

BTW - did you get the alarm keys already?

#847741 - 11/07/12 06:36 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: MaG]
robert gray Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: ottawa canada
hi mag. no! the question asks i can't get Alexei to talk about the alarm key. robert.

#847745 - 11/07/12 06:50 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Is that no - you don't have the alarm keys yet or no - you have not asked him about Brenda?

You should have gotten the alarm key by the trunk earlier in the game and have given it to Nancy via the package drop. That is if you're following the GB walkthrough.

Then you can ask Alexei about it.

#847759 - 11/07/12 07:31 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: MaG]
Addicted Boomer

mag. i will repeat the question. i can't get Alexei to talk about the alarm key. what am i missing? robert.

#847767 - 11/07/12 08:05 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

You might be missing getting or picking up the key (that I asked about).
You might be missing giving the alarm key to Nancy.
Or you might be missing some other steps before this - check the walkthrough or your To Do list.

#847784 - 11/07/12 09:36 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: MaG]
Addicted Boomer

hi mag. here is my to do list after Alexei at antique shop. would you so good as to check and advise? get Brenda's fingerprint. get Deirdre's fingerprint. find a way to examine Toni's supply closet. explore Brenda's van. explore Scoop. take a good look around antique shop. get Nancy out of jail. robert.

#847884 - 11/08/12 10:27 AM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

I can't even try to guess your problem since you don't answer my questions so that I can cross off possibilities.

Better finish the To Do - "take a good look around antique shop" first and then go from there.

#847908 - 11/08/12 11:58 AM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: MaG]
Addicted Boomer

mag. the answer to your question re. alarm key is no. i thought this was obvious as i can't get Alexei to even talk about the alarm key in his dialogue. that's why i am asking you. meantime, i will search the antique shop for ... i don 't know what. thanks, robert.

#847915 - 11/08/12 12:46 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

No - you didn't reply about the key nor is it obvious to me.

It would be best if you follow A walkthrough and then you can pinpoint what you missed.

Then get Alexei out of the way and pick the key up beside the antique store's trunk and proceed from there.

#847927 - 11/08/12 02:37 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: MaG]
Addicted Boomer

mag. i had repeated my question about 4 or 5 posts ago. the w/t does not answer my question, that's why i asked you directly. robert.

#847951 - 11/08/12 03:53 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

If you followed the GB walkthrough - you should have picked up the key beside the trunk at the Antique store.

Your question at above post is that you can't get the dialogue about the alarm key.
That is why I asked if you have the alarm key already?
If you have it - the dialogue will occur; if you don't have the key - then no dialogue because the characters don't know about it.

From the walkthrough; under Check accelerant sample (this is when you did the number punch puzzle):

Trunk: Check the trunk at the corner left of the counter at the back of the room. Alexei is here and we can't work on the trunk.

Look close at trunk and pick up the alarm keys on the floor right of the trunk. Exit the shop.

#848011 - 11/08/12 07:05 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: MaG]
Addicted Boomer

mag. yes, i already picked up the alarm keys. that doesn't explain why Alexei doesn't talk about it later on when i had my problem at the fingerprint business. should i go back to picking up the alarm keys and replay? if yes, what should i look out for to ensure i don't run into the same problem again. robert.

#848015 - 11/08/12 07:12 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

This is your post at 10:58 AM today stating that you did NOT pick up the key.

Originally Posted By: robert gray
mag. the answer to your question re. alarm key is no. i thought this was obvious as i can't get Alexei to even talk about the alarm key in his dialogue. that's why i am asking you. meantime, i will search the antique shop for ... i don 't know what. thanks, robert.

This is your post at 6:05 PM today
Originally Posted By: robert gray
mag. yes, i already picked up the alarm keys. that doesn't explain why Alexei doesn't talk about it later on when i had my problem at the fingerprint business. should i go back to picking up the alarm keys and replay? if yes, what should i look out for to ensure i don't run into the same problem again. robert.

Does this mean that you just now picked up the key?

If so - then follow the walkthrough and give the alarm key to Nancy at the station.
Then continue with the steps in the walkthrough.

#848045 - 11/08/12 09:23 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: MaG]
Addicted Boomer

mag. the 6.05PM post is true. the earlier post i was talking about Alexei AFTER the fingerprint business. sorry, i did not mean to confuse you. i must have, with my contradictory answers. robert. p.s. i have NOT just now picked up the key.

#848048 - 11/08/12 09:41 PM Re: alibi in ashes [Re: robert gray]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

There are several ways you can go from here:
1. Give the key to Nancy if you haven't yet.
2. Continue on with the game and then come back later and try to talk to Alexei about the alarm key.
3. Go back to an earlier saved game and replay from there following someone's walkthrough.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (sanford, looney4labs, robert gray, Draclvr, michele rose, CanukDenis, Jarkeld, flutist, ergggo), 63 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
kooker1957, ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj
8495 Registered Users