GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#846598 - 11/02/12 11:24 PM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
GemmaJessie2 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Ontario, Canada
ok clicked on hidden drives and ok now what do I do boy am I confused sorry. gja

#846599 - 11/02/12 11:29 PM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Gemma,

You don't place it in My Documents.

After you do the "show hidden files" procedure stated above; then place the file that you unzipped from the folder I sent to the save folder that you should see now at:C drive - User - your computer's name - App Data - roaming - frogwares - Testament - save folder.

Let's have a go again. Do this.

Saved game sent that is with the mail:
- Click hold the file that is in your mail and place-drop it on desktop.
Then unzip the folder.

Then show hidden files:
- Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Now that you will see those folder, move the saved game file sent:
- Open your saved game folder found in C drive - User - your computer's name - App Data - roaming - frogwares - Testament - save folder.
- Then place the file inside the unzipped folder inside that save folder. Close it.
- Play and load as usual. Look for my saved game at start of load list. luck

#846601 - 11/02/12 11:37 PM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
GemmaJessie2 Offline
Settled Boomer

MaG don't have an option that says unzipped file oh I am so lost will keep this info till my son in law or someone that knows more than I do so just can't play the rest of the game sorry this is too complicated for me. I dont see the the save folder in C drive is that the computer program files etc. gja

#846604 - 11/03/12 12:09 AM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

When you open your computer folder, you will see the local disk C - that is the C drive.

Program files is one folder inside that C drive (disk). But that is not what you want to open.
You open the User folder inside that C disk.
And the rest of the folder stated above.

When you right click the zipped folder in your desktop, do you see "extract all"?
That is the unzipping program.

#846607 - 11/03/12 12:28 AM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: MaG]
deleterman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Diego
Oh hi. is this a new game or what ? i have never seen any thing on this game before.??H.B.

#846649 - 11/03/12 09:29 AM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: MaG]
GemmaJessie2 Offline
Settled Boomer

have got the save file in computer but what doI do now thanks. gja

-----
also have it on desktop unzipped.

Edited by MaG (11/03/12 12:47 PM)
Edit Reason: combined stacked posts

#846656 - 11/03/12 10:21 AM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
You need to go into your game save folder where all your other saves are for the game, and note the last numbered save there.

Then go to the unzipped save you have on your desktop and renumber that to follow on one in sequence. Then move the renumbered file into the folder with all your other saves.

Just one thought about something you might have missed in your gameplay. You say you clicked on the ashtray. You should have clicked on the cigar itself AND the very tip (burning end) of the cigar. That's two different spots. It's really easy to miss clicking on the burning tip. Just an idea.

#846793 - 11/03/12 06:04 PM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
GemmaJessie2 Offline
Settled Boomer

Oh Rushes you are my saving grace did exactly what you said about the ashtray thanks goodness I didn't have to find all the stuff in windows 7 it is very hard to get around xp was so much simpler but thank you thank you and you too MaG you are great. gja

#846797 - 11/03/12 06:15 PM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
Rushes Online   content
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
I'm glad that we cracked the problem. thumbsup Have fun with the game.

#847462 - 11/06/12 02:21 PM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
GemmaJessie2 Offline
Settled Boomer

Finished the game thanks to all your help and helpers MaG and yourself and others. Great game recommend it some puzzles I skipped but got most of them. Thanks again people. Happy thanksgiving to everyone. gja

#847492 - 11/06/12 05:14 PM Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes [Re: GemmaJessie2]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Glad you enjoyed the game.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (sanford, BobH, Micronta, Sorta Blonde, Draclvr, soot, Rushes, Gimme, family, rmt), 91 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Newest Members
123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl, Shelley1966
8417 Registered Users