GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#846425 - 11/01/12 11:59 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
RayBres Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Des Plaines, Illinois
Hmph. I'll believe it when I see it.

#846430 - 11/02/12 12:47 AM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: RayBres]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Wow. I never expected this. thumbsup wave

#846459 - 11/02/12 07:40 AM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: rmt]
smulan Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: rmt
What impresses me most is that Ragnar does not appear to need a Kickstarter campaign.

There will be a Kickstarter.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/01/keep-the-faith-tornquist-talks-dreamfall-chapters/

#846460 - 11/02/12 07:41 AM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Land of Hamlet
Actually, Ragnar DID say in an interview, that later in the production, they will start a Kickstarter campaign to fund the rest.

They only got funds for the pre-production so far...

#846482 - 11/02/12 09:45 AM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
Oh dear, where am I to find a million now?

#846533 - 11/02/12 03:05 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mr 2 u Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Scotland
really exciting news!

#846552 - 11/02/12 06:19 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer

I read the interview and come away completely unimpressed. After six years of empty promises I won't hold my breath. I will not support any kick starter effort. First we heard after the release of the abomination known as Dreamfall. Abomination in regard to his total disregard of the TLJ story and characters.

we are told "you will not have to wait another seven years for the conclusion. Then years later we hear the conclusion will be released as chapters in serial releases. Now even more years later comes the pronouncement Chapters will not be episodic as chapters are to be understood as chapters of the character's life.

The creator knows full well with TLJ he created a groundbreaking game in outstanding story telling. He is to be commended for that. Finally Dreamfall is released revealing a complete betrayal of a beloved character. The game is rift with failed mechanics, terribly blundered ridiculous combat scenes and characters few cared about.

Now Ragnar hints that even though Chapters is not episodic it may not be the end but another chapter in an ongoing saga. This is the guy who gave us a terrible cliff hanger with the full knowledge no continuation would be in the works within a decade. Even now we have no idea when a release is planned. Reading his answers one concludes this guy is full of himself while not offering a hint of his intent. He did drop one hint suggesting the character, Faith is your next hero. Will he resurrect the characters of TLJ and finish their story or is he planning to dump Zoe as well morphing into the mysterious Faith instead? He did say character development is his intent but heroes are fleeting, (not central to the story as characters.) In other words build up a fan base for the hero but dump them without regard to the player's interest.

We will see what we end up with. Based on passed performance do not get your hopes up. You can see I am still angry over Dreamfall. Perhaps Ragnar will fix it, he has the ability to do so but I lost faith in his promises a long time ago.

#846556 - 11/02/12 06:33 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
smulan Offline
Settled Boomer

There's no game, regardless genre, that I'd rather give my support in a Kickstarter campaign.

#846580 - 11/02/12 09:10 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I love Dreamfall, I play it at leat once a year. It was different granted, but it is my 7th favourite adventure of all time, with The Longest Journey as my number 2. I trust Ragnar, he will bring us something great now that he will have all the freedom in the world to do so. Ragnar said that the new game will be a cross between TLJ and Dreamfall. Seems promising. We'll see how it goes.

#846626 - 11/03/12 04:54 AM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Exciting news Ana!

#846650 - 11/03/12 09:31 AM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
lynthorpe Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: UK
This is great news tho I'm not gonna hold my breath...it seems every time I get excited about something it still takes years (Jack Keane 2 being a case in point!) Also I agree with most of the posts here...hope it's more like TLJ than Dreamfall...I don't play adventure games in order to have to hit keys maniacly in order to win a fight!
Fingers crossed wink

#846784 - 11/03/12 05:31 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Melia Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Texas
broccoli yay bravo Let's hope they don't mess it up like they did Dreamfall. The fight scenes were a joke, and the mazes drove me nuts!

Edited by BrownEyedTigre (11/03/12 06:42 PM)

#846788 - 11/03/12 05:37 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: lynthorpe]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: lynthorpe
This is great news tho I'm not gonna hold my breath...it seems every time I get excited about something it still takes years

No kidding. They're just starting pre-production. It will probably be at least two years before we see the game.

#846790 - 11/03/12 05:46 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: Jenny100]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Originally Posted By: lynthorpe
This is great news tho I'm not gonna hold my breath...it seems every time I get excited about something it still takes years

No kidding. They're just starting pre-production. It will probably be at least two years before we see the game.

And then, isn't it just an episode?

#846823 - 11/03/12 09:51 PM Re: Pre-Production Begins on the Continuation of ‘The Longest Journey’ Saga [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
hamer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Raybres...I know you dont want to get your hopes up...but looks like your girlfriend April maybe coming back to town..lol

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Marian, gymcandy1, Pandora, BrownEyedTigre, Midge, Melia, BobH, cailyn, 2 invisible), 60 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1, nimos
8519 Registered Users