GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Anyone playing the MMO game "The Secret World"? #846675
11/03/12 11:13 AM
11/03/12 11:13 AM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline OP
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
I was looking at some videos on You Tube about this game. It's supposedly done by the same person that did The Longest Journey?

Is anyone playing this that can tell me a little more about it?

I don't like games where you have to fight or you can die and I was wondering if that's how this one is. I like games that allow me to explore new places and choose what I want to do in the game.

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Anyone playing the MMO game "The Secret World"? [Re: UruKat] #846698
11/03/12 12:29 PM
11/03/12 12:29 PM
Land of Hamlet
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer
misslilo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of Hamlet
This is NOT an adventure game.

MMO's are generally fighting games in the sense, that you develope a character through quests, which involves killing stuff one way or the other...

However - this particular game does have an adventurish gene... investigation quests where you solve things.
Some you have to google to find clues - it has a built-in browser, so you don't have to leave the game.

It's actually very different from the "normal" MMO's in the way you progress you character.

It has a story questline where you are sent to different zones - BUT if you only do those, you're not helping yourself. smile

There's a myriad of other sidequest, which helps you better understand the world/story.
Sort of personal quests from all the NPC's (non player characters)

Ragnar has said, that what you see right now in the game, is NOT the whole story.
They have story patches lined up for the next half year/year already, which will be released cirka every month... so it's an ongoing story.

I like it very much laugh

"You can not escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova - @wowdane
Re: Anyone playing the MMO game "The Secret World"? [Re: UruKat] #846719
11/03/12 01:40 PM
11/03/12 01:40 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline OP
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Thank you Misslilo.....it doesn't sound like a game I would be very good at. I know it's dumb.....but I get nervous if I have to fight in a game. I guess I will stick to good ole adventure games. :-)

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: Anyone playing the MMO game "The Secret World"? [Re: UruKat] #846759
11/03/12 04:15 PM
11/03/12 04:15 PM
Land of Hamlet
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer
misslilo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of Hamlet
I know how you feel smile
Thats' where I was, when I first joined Gameboomers some years ago.

BUT, then I kept reading these post from all the wonderful people here (dare I say even "elderly" people, lol) about how they were playing WOW "World of Warcraft" and how much fun they had..
At one point I simply had to try it out myself to see what all the fuss was about and boy did I change my mind.

I too had only been playing adventures up until then - I hated the thought of dying, scared the "blip" out of me, lol laugh

And I tell you - the first time I came across something I had to kill or could kill me - I RAN!!!!
The first month or so I don't think I moved out of safe places more than once or twice... I was pathetic laugh

But eventually I got used to it and now it's nothing. Just fun - good times smile

"You can not escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova - @wowdane
Re: Anyone playing the MMO game "The Secret World"? [Re: UruKat] #846763
11/03/12 04:30 PM
11/03/12 04:30 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Misslilo wave

I felt the exact same way about MMO's at first. It was so hard for me to just move.However, slowly but surely I got more comfortable and now I love 'em. puppy

It looks like you can Try it for free for 3 days

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Anyone playing the MMO game "The Secret World"? [Re: UruKat] #846769
11/03/12 04:36 PM
11/03/12 04:36 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
As misslilo says to fight is fun. Better kill characters in a video game than bark at your family.
I was too an adventure only player. It is best to start with an easy solo game if you feel insecure.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Anyone playing the MMO game "The Secret World"? [Re: UruKat] #846856
11/04/12 03:09 AM
11/04/12 03:09 AM
Land of Hamlet
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer
misslilo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Land of Hamlet
I will say though, that for a total newbie in MMO's then TSW is probably NOT the best to start with.

Stick to WOW - it has a nice learning curve, whereas TSW is actually more "mature" and for the more knowledged MMO player smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, Urban Worrier), 225 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users