GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#839033 - 09/28/12 08:45 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
It's always more fun to be able to gather as you go wave

#839041 - 09/28/12 09:21 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: looney4labs]
luv2travel Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Yes L4L, farming is a total bore, but something we all have to do unless we have tons of gold to spend.
Andrea wave

#839058 - 09/28/12 11:00 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Andrea, I don't mind farming as long as there is something fun to listen to on tv while I do it. wave

#839075 - 09/29/12 01:15 AM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: looney4labs]
luv2travel Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Same here! That's exactly what I do too! LOL!

#840339 - 10/04/12 09:12 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
JeanK Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Florida
I got on my 85 shammy today and headed out to Jade Forest. OMG I am rusty! hardwall And mobs attack in groups! Something I'm not used to in Wow. I guess Blizz finally decided to make it tough on us, lol.

I'm going to have to start reading the forums, etc to find out what the new gear is, what I need, etc. I sure hurts replacing what used to be epics with greens. think

#840356 - 10/04/12 11:03 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Jean, I feel your pain. I got on my mage and was severely outgunned until son reminded me that I need to quest as Frost and not as Arcane. After I changed to frost, it was much easier but it is still easy to get mobbed. After a bit though something will happen to make it easier. wave

Soot and I started pandas tonight. Such a cute jumping animation. wave

#840491 - 10/05/12 02:29 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
JeanK Offline
Settled Boomer

My shammy is elemental, so should be ok. I'm just not fast enough, lol. Although I haven't died yet, so I guess I'm doing ok. I do keep healing myself though.

I started a Panda monk the other day, but I'm so lousy as melee that I'm not sure how she'll do. eek So I got her to level 3 and went onto other toons.

#840519 - 10/05/12 06:21 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I played monk during beta. I love the roll they get to do. Melee is not my forte, but as long as I'm not too ambitious, I think it will be ok. puppy

#840886 - 10/07/12 01:29 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
JeanK Offline
Settled Boomer

I've got a silly question here. think A friend of mine is going to try a guest pass, and she'll download the client from Blizz to play. If she decides to continue on and buy Wow, does she just buy Pandaria, and does it include all the games and expansions? I'm not sure how that works. The expansion pack says it requires the full version of all the games. crazy duh

#840898 - 10/07/12 02:16 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Hi ya JeanK, she'd need to buy the original and all the various expansions. But the good news is she can get The original plus BC plus Wrath for $19.99.

Then I think she'd need to add Cataclysm and then Mists.

She could do it all via digital download from the Blizzard Store, but they are all available in hard copy too. wave

#840907 - 10/07/12 02:33 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
JeanK Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks, Looney! I'm not even sure if she can play it because her computer is old, but she wants to try the guest pass. I'm waiting for her to call now.

It would be fun to have a real life friend play. All these years I've been asking my daughter and other people I know, and no one else want to, lol. They don't know the fun they're missing.

#840998 - 10/07/12 11:48 PM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Yes, it will be fun. I'm lucky to have a hubby and 2 sons that play. I don't get to play with my VA son very often, but my AL son and of course, hubby and I play together and it is much easier.

#841028 - 10/08/12 06:43 AM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Land of Hamlet
Hmm, you sure the Guest pass is for Pandaria??
I thought it was just for the vanilla WOW game...

#841043 - 10/08/12 09:26 AM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
JeanK Offline
Settled Boomer

The guest pass is for up to level 20, and doesn't mention Pandaria, so I assume it's only for vanilla Wow. My friend was unable to install it because her Mac is too old, sigh, so she can't play until she gets a new computer.

One thing I've noticed this time around is the people in the instances where you do looking for dungeon tend to really rush through the instances. The tanks keep on going, pulling huge groups of mobs, and not waiting for the rest of the group. I'm guessing they are people who have been playing for years and just don't care much about anything except getting through to the end. Either that or they are brand new tanks. In the 6 years I've been playing Wow I hadn't seen that going on as much, like these days.

I do a few instances each day on 2 toons, and people have run out for pizza, others have asked the group to wait so they can have dinner or make phone calls. That used to happen before, too, but I don't remember it happening as much.

#841075 - 10/08/12 11:21 AM Re: Mists of Pandaria - Anyone Playing Yet? [Re: JeanK]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Wow, Jean I really have though about rolling a tank just to avoid things like that, but am not sure I'd be able to take the nastiness tanks sometimes encounter.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Winfrey, kjos, michele rose, FrkBrok, Robert Gault, Kayc, Sassy, monbron, aretha), 65 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users