GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
GameZebo #848331
11/10/12 06:03 AM
11/10/12 06:03 AM
Piney Woods of East Texas
joanieS Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I'm old...so bear with me.
Reading a posting today led me to the GameZebo site. I vaguely know the name but have not pursued the site. Like I said, I am old.
After checking it out, I am interested but would really like to hear from you all about this site.
I am a member of Big Fish. My game choices are Hidden Object, Large File and Adventure.
What are your recommendations? Do you use both sites? Which do you prefer?
Appreciate your advice.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848350
11/10/12 09:39 AM
11/10/12 09:39 AM
Tacoma, Wa USA
C
Cherie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Cherie  Offline
Addicted Boomer
C

Tacoma, Wa USA
JoanieS......I personally use both sites and find they are both safe. Of the two sites there is a much closer monitoring on GameBoomers but given that GameZebo is still a very safe site to frequent. You will find very few sites that will come up to the monitoring, quality and integrity of Game Boomers. Giving Bommers a 5 star rating as top, in my opinion Zebo would rate a 4 star.

I hope this helps you.

Cherie
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848370
11/10/12 11:21 AM
11/10/12 11:21 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Joanie, GameZebo is a website that provides reviews and they have some walkthroughs, although not as much as they used to. They are not a game website like BigFish is, they only link to other download websites. The difference between GameBoomers and GameZebo is we do not provide links to download portals that add tracking devices to your computer when you download their games.

Visiting GameZebo also adds a web beacon to your computer that tracks your browsing behavior. I have to block these trackers before I visit the sites. Prior to them adding all these features we did quite frequently link to them for walkthroughs but I no longer do that. Purchasing a game through one of their links will direct you to various websites to download from that you do not know if they are safe or not. We have threads here on reports of spam and pop-ups appearing after downloading from some of the links.

GameBoomers links to BigFish games because they do not use web beacons on their website and their downloads are all hosted on their portal so you know what you are getting is safe. They also have great customer service.

It is your decision on what websites to use, but we do our best here to filter our links so that you can do safe browsing.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848420
11/10/12 01:25 PM
11/10/12 01:25 PM
Tacoma, Wa USA
C
Cherie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Cherie  Offline
Addicted Boomer
C

Tacoma, Wa USA
BrownEyedTigre.......Thank you for this valuable piece of information to the question asked. I have not had any problems with spam or junk most likely because my firewall and protection systems blocks most of the nuisance ads.

All of you have a great weekend.

Cherie
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848445
11/10/12 02:21 PM
11/10/12 02:21 PM
Georgia, USA
OldMan44 Offline
Settled Boomer
OldMan44  Offline
Settled Boomer

Georgia, USA
Joanie,

I am an originial member of the GameZebo site, from when they first started, & can testify to what Ana says is true. They have changed over the years & I am sad to say not for the better.

-OldMan44

P.S. I guess that I should have added that after several years of going to GameZebo site daily (& posting often) I no longer visit the site due to the direction they have taken.

Last edited by OldMan44; 11/10/12 02:36 PM.

Happy Gamming All,
OldMan44
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848455
11/10/12 02:59 PM
11/10/12 02:59 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks OldMan, I wrote and deleted many times before posting because it made me sad and a bit apprehensive to address the question in an honest manner. GameZebo was a family community like Gameboomers is and then slowly it went away to commercial and seems to have lost it's way.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848465
11/10/12 03:57 PM
11/10/12 03:57 PM
NYC, USA
smitty145 Offline
Addicted Boomer
smitty145  Offline
Addicted Boomer

NYC, USA
I have to agree with OldMan, I'm sorry to say.

I'm a huge fan of Gameboomers and Big Fish Games, these are the sites I trust and enjoy. thumbsup

Gotta' be crazy, to keep from going insane crazy
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848525
11/10/12 08:07 PM
11/10/12 08:07 PM
Georgia, USA
OldMan44 Offline
Settled Boomer
OldMan44  Offline
Settled Boomer

Georgia, USA
Ana,

Nothing to be apprehensive about. You told it like it is, I am sad to say. I still get their news letter each day, but it is mostly filled with I-phone type apps (& the like) that I barely glance at before deleting. Once in a while they will have an interesting interview that I will go to the site & read, but that is about the only time I will visit.

Seems like they started going down hill shortly after Margie B left. Then when they went on Facebook in a big way and since then I pretty much lost interest in the site, after seeing the direction it was headed. It's kind of sad for me as I had made a lot of good friends on the site (the great ladies there helpped me get thru some very hard times when I lost my wife Judy) & I still miss talking to them each day.

You keep telling it the way you see it, Ana. You are one of the big reasons that I continue to monitor this site daily.

-OldMan44

Happy Gamming All,
OldMan44
Re: GameZebo [Re: joanieS] #848610
11/11/12 07:57 AM
11/11/12 07:57 AM
joanieS Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thank you....all of you. You told me exactly what I needed to know. Stick with the tried and true!
Sorry for your loss, OldMan44. You're doing the right thing! Gaming every day amongst good people. Makes a man healthy, wise and SHARP!

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (BrownEyedTigre, Draclvr, manxman), 279 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users