GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#853815 - 12/04/12 07:52 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Koalanut]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I didn't know about this glitch, Ana; fortunately it didn't happen to me, but I have taken note of it for when I play the game again. thanks

#853818 - 12/04/12 08:01 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I unfortunately did not either and I am hoping they make a patch that will give the item back to me because I really want to finish it.

I was really enjoying the game by the way and thought it it to be a great addition to the MCF series.

Ana wave12

#854066 - 12/05/12 05:13 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Appreciate the heads up, Ana. How frustrating.

#854097 - 12/05/12 07:15 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Ana!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not quite halfway through the game, so I'll be sure to follow your advice when I arrive at that task because, as much as I'm enjoying the game, I don't really want to start over in order to see the ending.

Susan

#854100 - 12/05/12 07:26 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I just heard from the CS and the update on the 28th was suppposed to have fixed that. Unfortunately, it does not give it back to you, it just prevents it from disappearing. I guess this may be one MCF I never finish, I am totally bummed.

#854102 - 12/05/12 07:42 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

That's a shame, Ana. sad

#854273 - 12/06/12 12:43 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Cappy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Millbrook, New York
I just found another glitch (I think). Early in the game I went to the quarry and picked up the wrench. I didn't use it right away and it disappeared from my inventory. Now I'm finished with the regular part of the game and am starting the CE portion which I think takes part in the quarry but with no wrench, I can't proceed. Is there something I'm missing here? I don't know if the quarry is actually the CE portion or not. If it was part of the regular game, where is the CE portion?

I did love the game but, as you can see, I'm a bit confused at the moment.

Barb

#854275 - 12/06/12 12:54 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Cappy]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Barb, the quarry level with the safe and the morphing objects is the bonus gameplay. wave12

#854306 - 12/06/12 04:01 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Cappy Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks, Marian. Guess I won't be able to play the bonus because I picked up the wrench early in the game and it vanished from my inventory. Now, I can't get into the shed in the quarry. Bummer!! Up until now, I really, really loved the game.

Barb

#854307 - 12/06/12 04:14 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Cappy]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Barb, if the morphing objects have already opened up for you, then I believe it's not necessary to go back to the quarry when the main game has ended; I think it was only important during the main game - being able to get into the quarry and having access to morphing objects constitutes the gameplay bonus for the Collector's Edition, as far as I know. Sorry if I confused you. wave12

#854324 - 12/06/12 06:14 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
I'm confused about the Bonus Content as well I finished the game, but hadn't found morphimg objects. So, I went back to complete the safe puzzle im the quarry and got the mask I then went back through all locations and found all morphing objects. Now what?

#854325 - 12/06/12 06:25 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sparkle]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

I think that's the end of the game, Sparkle, as far as I know. I got the mask earlier in the game, found some of the morphing objects while playing and finishing the game, and that was it for me. wave12

#854344 - 12/06/12 09:05 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian!

I just finished the game and must admit that I'm a little (no make that a lot) disappointed. I found the repetitive floating puzzles to be EXTREMELY annoying and ended up skipping all but the first two. It wouldn't be so bad if you could simply click on the squares to join the pieces together, but you can't because they have to be maneuvered, which is next to impossible. The sketches were fun at first but, again, the repetition eventually became annoying because, if you don't have a photographic memory, you end up revisiting practically every location until you find the right match.

Don't even get me started on the bonus section. I don't really consider 2 puzzles and about 20 minutes of gameplay to be a bonus section, and there is no way I'm going back to every location just to find morphing items.

"Dire Grove" was the first MCF I ever played and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but this one pales in comparison.

Susan

#854350 - 12/06/12 09:47 PM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Hi Susan,

I thought the floating puzzles were intriguing at first and did manage to do three or four of them, but after that I skipped them - the difficulty of controlling the pieces in order to put them into position got quite frustrating for me. I agree with you about the bonus section; I thought there should have been more.

If this game had not been a part of the Mystery Case Files series and had been from another developer, I think the game would have rated a lot higher in the estimation of many who were instead disappointed. When compared to other Mystery Case Files games, I agree that it was lacking in some areas. Still, I enjoyed the experience overall and felt eager to play it until I had finished.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the game. thumbsup12 wave12

#854443 - 12/07/12 09:26 AM Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Cappy Offline
Settled Boomer

You didn't confuse me, Marian. The game did. I never dreamed that the bonus chapter would only be looking for morphing objects. Had I known, I wouldn't have paid for the CE version. Next time there's a MCF game released, I won't be so quick to snap it up. I'll wait for the reviews. Sorry if I sound crabby here. Guess I'm just disappointed.

Barb

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Marian, Mad, Gimme, luv2travel, curly, family, InlandAZ, Pandora, July, flutist), 92 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
andi6116, razorsedge4444, LUD, hev67, Armoracia
8484 Registered Users