GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#852054 - 11/26/12 10:40 AM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian!

I was actually shocked by the low rating that "MCF: Shadow Lake" received on BFG, because that series seems to have a cult following, but I did enjoy the demo so bought it anyway.

Susan

#852057 - 11/26/12 10:49 AM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I was pretty shocked by the low reviews too. I do think you will enjoy the game, Susan - I think the MCF series is open to harsher criticism because folks have such high and varied expectations for each game. I thought it was a fun game and I will play it again in a few months. wave

#852059 - 11/26/12 10:56 AM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Marian!

You and I seem to enjoy the same games so, if you enjoyed "MCF: Shadow Lake", I probably will as well. I picked up 2 other CEs in the sale, so I'll have to flip a coin to see which one I'm gonna play first lol !

Susan

#852061 - 11/26/12 11:02 AM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

Decisions, decisions! grin wave

#852062 - 11/26/12 11:03 AM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Not sure about this one. Just doesn't seem as well done as other Silverback games. May wait for the standard version to be released.

#852063 - 11/26/12 11:06 AM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sparkle]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

I like what I played of the game, but I think it would have benefited from an intermediate level of difficulty; the casual mode seemed too easy and the hard mode seemed too difficult. I will probably pick it up during a CE sale. wave

#852070 - 11/26/12 11:45 AM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Marian!

You touched upon one of the things I really didn't like about the game ()besides not being able to random click). I always play in casual mode because I like to relax while playing and sometimes take advantage of the "Skip" option for puzzles. The casual mode of "Beast" just doesn't take you by the hand. It hits you over the head with a sledgehammer lol ! I may use one of my coupons to pick up the SE when it's released, but I took a pass on the CE.

Susan

#852092 - 11/26/12 01:14 PM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Agree with Marian and Susan. I usually play in Expert mode if it allows for skipping puzzles. But in this game, the Expert mode is just too hard to navigate.

P.S. Also, did not have a custom cursor in the demo. Anyone else notice this?

#852093 - 11/26/12 01:23 PM Re: The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sparkle]
Marian Online   content
True Blue Boomer

I didn't notice the lack of a custom cursor, but some folks on the BF forum mentioned this. wave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (oldmariner, stardeenow, Uncle Reg, Koala, Marian, DaveHT, chobits), 63 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse, arlenewilson32, ponycakes
8539 Registered Users