GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #854324
12/06/12 07:14 PM
12/06/12 07:14 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
I'm confused about the Bonus Content as well I finished the game, but hadn't found morphimg objects. So, I went back to complete the safe puzzle im the quarry and got the mask I then went back through all locations and found all morphing objects. Now what?

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sparkle] #854325
12/06/12 07:25 PM
12/06/12 07:25 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I think that's the end of the game, Sparkle, as far as I know. I got the mask earlier in the game, found some of the morphing objects while playing and finishing the game, and that was it for me. wave12

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian] #854344
12/06/12 10:05 PM
12/06/12 10:05 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian!

I just finished the game and must admit that I'm a little (no make that a lot) disappointed. I found the repetitive floating puzzles to be EXTREMELY annoying and ended up skipping all but the first two. It wouldn't be so bad if you could simply click on the squares to join the pieces together, but you can't because they have to be maneuvered, which is next to impossible. The sketches were fun at first but, again, the repetition eventually became annoying because, if you don't have a photographic memory, you end up revisiting practically every location until you find the right match.

Don't even get me started on the bonus section. I don't really consider 2 puzzles and about 20 minutes of gameplay to be a bonus section, and there is no way I'm going back to every location just to find morphing items.

"Dire Grove" was the first MCF I ever played and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but this one pales in comparison.

Susan

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07] #854350
12/06/12 10:47 PM
12/06/12 10:47 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi Susan,

I thought the floating puzzles were intriguing at first and did manage to do three or four of them, but after that I skipped them - the difficulty of controlling the pieces in order to put them into position got quite frustrating for me. I agree with you about the bonus section; I thought there should have been more.

If this game had not been a part of the Mystery Case Files series and had been from another developer, I think the game would have rated a lot higher in the estimation of many who were instead disappointed. When compared to other Mystery Case Files games, I agree that it was lacking in some areas. Still, I enjoyed the experience overall and felt eager to play it until I had finished.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the game. thumbsup12 wave12

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #854443
12/07/12 10:26 AM
12/07/12 10:26 AM
Millbrook, New York
Cappy Offline
Settled Boomer
Cappy  Offline
Settled Boomer

Millbrook, New York
You didn't confuse me, Marian. The game did. I never dreamed that the bonus chapter would only be looking for morphing objects. Had I known, I wouldn't have paid for the CE version. Next time there's a MCF game released, I won't be so quick to snap it up. I'll wait for the reviews. Sorry if I sound crabby here. Guess I'm just disappointed.

Barb

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #854469
12/07/12 12:01 PM
12/07/12 12:01 PM
Maryland
L
lakecat Offline
Shy Boomer
lakecat  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

Maryland
Okay, I told myself if you can't say nothing nice... ,but since we're venting... I actually found the game interestingly differant, but I agree it was repetitious. I actually completed all of the floating puzzles (OMG). My disappointment was with Lea Thompson's acting. I was excited that she would be in the game, but she acted as if to children. It was overly dramatic and, sorry, kinda cheezy. The game overall was not one I am interested in replaying, perhaps if I get desperate waiting for something new to come out...

Pam

~not inclined to resign to maturity~
Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: lakecat] #854476
12/07/12 12:35 PM
12/07/12 12:35 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
That's not venting, Pam, but rather just stating an honest opinion. I congratulate you for your patience in completing all of the floating puzzles! bravo12 wave12

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #854479
12/07/12 12:46 PM
12/07/12 12:46 PM
G.H. WA
zookeeper Offline
Addicted Boomer
zookeeper  Offline
Addicted Boomer

G.H. WA
lakecat, I really liked this game. The floating puzzles were annoying but I did them all too. I thought Lea Thompson's acting was appropriate for an IHOG adventure. I think all IHOGs are somewhat cheesy. So, I kinda think she meant to play it that way. Just a thought.

I child-proofed my home... but they're still getting in!
Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #854481
12/07/12 12:57 PM
12/07/12 12:57 PM
Maryland
L
lakecat Offline
Shy Boomer
lakecat  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

Maryland
Lol, thanks Marian. Zookeeper, I also got the impression she was acting as directed. It's just that I've seen her do better and felt alittle insulted. You're right though, some of the acting on IHOGS is rather cheezy.

Pam

~not inclined to resign to maturity~
Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #854483
12/07/12 12:59 PM
Canal Fulton, OH
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sparkle  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Canal Fulton, OH
I also did not appreciate the floating drawing puzzles. I managed to complete 3 of them and skipped the rest. I have a hunch that "younger" gamers who are accustomed to playing on Xbox or other such platforms would likely have an easier time with them.

I also agree that Lea Thompson's role wasn't that impressive. In fact, the lure of the game as a whole was more about the live acting eye candy. I enjoyed playing, but would advise those who haven't bought the CE to wait for the standard version.

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: lakecat] #854484
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
It's always good to remember that these games are not documentaries. lol12 wave12

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian] #854488
12/07/12 01:20 PM
12/07/12 01:20 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian and Pam!

Marian, I was also miffed that there was no Strategy Guide or hints for the bonus chapter because, once I finished the 2 puzzles in less than 20 minutes, I thought that surely there was more to do besides backtrack and search for morphing items. It was only after I checked the BFG forum that I learned there wasn't.

Pam, if you finished all of those "floating" puzzles, you have my utmost respect urock . I gave up after the first two because it was too difficult, not to mention frustrating, to capture each floating piece and join it with another floating piece.

Susan

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07] #855954
12/13/12 03:26 AM
12/13/12 03:26 AM
West Coast of Florida :/
Simi_of_Acheron Offline
Junior Boomer
Simi_of_Acheron  Offline
Junior Boomer

Hi... Newbie here to GBC & in desperate need of some serious help! I'm stuck in the Quary in front of the safe, & for the life of me, can't get the blasted thing open (Grrr)!! Anyone care to lend a hand, errr, hint? I'd most sincerely appreciate it... Thanx

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Simi_of_Acheron] #855955
12/13/12 03:32 AM
12/13/12 03:32 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
welcome to GameBoomers, Simi.

This thread on the Big Fish forum should help you out. A full spoiler is also included, but warnings are given if that is not what you wish to see. wave12

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #855958
12/13/12 03:39 AM
12/13/12 03:39 AM
Simi_of_Acheron Offline
Junior Boomer
Simi_of_Acheron  Offline
Junior Boomer

Thanks Marian!!! How do you get the smilies to work where you want them. Yours are soo cute! I just love using smilies. Do it all the time on FB ;) Also, what is a signature?

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #856054
12/13/12 11:25 AM
12/13/12 11:25 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
welcome to GameBoomers Simi.

If you select full reply and then select the smiley face you will see a bunch that are available.

A signature is something you can put in your profile that will appears on the bottom of your posts. No links allowed in them except for developers or publishers with their game links.

Ana wave12

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #858487
12/24/12 01:12 AM
12/24/12 01:12 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I just noticed that an interesting update was released for this game three days ago, which is as follows:

Quote:
As a special gift to all of our Master Detectives, we have released some extra content for Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition.

There are now two new secret hidden object scenes for you to discover! These HOS can be found in locations already on the Map, but will not be marked with sparkles, so once again, it’s time to put your Detective skills to work.

Master Detectives who have already completed the original version will be able to re-open their profile and look for just these new scenes without needing to play through the game again. New players will find them as they travel through the game.

You can get this special updated version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

santadance wave12

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #858489
12/24/12 01:45 AM
12/24/12 01:45 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Interesting! Thanks Marian!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #859887
01/02/13 07:49 AM
01/02/13 07:49 AM
Cynder Offline
Settled Boomer
Cynder  Offline
Settled Boomer

I came late to this one as well, and was really looking forward to playing it.

Mixed feelings may be the best description, with the overall feeling being disappointment. The SG was the worst I've seen in a very long time! Lea Thompson was okay, and I do thin she was directed that way, but the puzzles were repetitive and the overall? Well, frankly, it wasn't that entertaining, but it will teach not to just buy an MCF without doing the trial!

Live and learn, laugh

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #859903
01/02/13 10:21 AM
01/02/13 10:21 AM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
I'm thinking because so many people bought it unseen, that's the reason it made the #1 slot for the game of the year. I was really surprised to see it there, as there were a high percentage of bad reviews. However, their way of determining the winners was the amount of sales in the first two weeks. So, there ya go.

I actually broke down and purchased the game in the sale, just to see what those who did like it, saw in it. I can't say I'm not enjoying the game, it's not too bad of a game, just not up to MCF standards.

Re: Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Simi_of_Acheron] #859909
01/02/13 11:08 AM
01/02/13 11:08 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Simi_of_Acheron
Hi... Newbie here to GBC & in desperate need of some serious help! I'm stuck in the Quary in front of the safe, & for the life of me, can't get the blasted thing open (Grrr)!! Anyone care to lend a hand, errr, hint? I'd most sincerely appreciate it... Thanx

Try the solution in the ***Gamezebo walkthrough***. It may have different numbers from the clues given to you by your game, but try them anyway.

In my case, the clues given by my game often didn't work for puzzles like the safe puzzle and I had to use the solution given in the walkthrough. The strategy guide that came with the game was no help here. Apparently the "random" element of the puzzle malfunctioned. It changed the clues, but not the puzzle itself.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (BrownEyedTigre, Draclvr, manxman), 279 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users