GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#850802 - 11/21/12 03:30 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
I was thinking Shadowlands when I saw the list on a web sight. The game is still downloading as I post this. I picked a bad time to try it, the Thanksgiving weekend. I get Thursday off work, thats it. Nobody gets Black Friday off. No point in even asking they'll deny it.

Edit: still downloading. When I got up it was actually stalled. I had to pause it and unpause it to get it going again. I have 2 1/2 hours before I have to leave for work, I don't think it will be done downloading.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (11/21/12 01:04 PM)

#851175 - 11/22/12 12:31 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

I've got a Soundral and a Sith Inquisitor. Apparently though bad guy isn't my thing. Twice I made decisions that gave my sith light points. So I'm thinking of deleting him and starting over as Jedi Consular.

#851201 - 11/22/12 01:29 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Land of Hamlet
There's a swtich in the settings, that let you see, if you choose white or dark before answering.
BUT, what's so wrong in being a good bad guy? lol laugh

Remember though, that the TORWars Guild is Empire only.

I tend to go for Bounty Hunters, probably because I'm lousy at melee razz

But you didn't say how you feel about the game... so tell us.

BTW.
If you check torwars.enjin.com, there's a guild gathering Event in about 1½ day - there's a counter on the website.

Edited by misslilo (11/22/12 01:31 PM)

#851243 - 11/22/12 04:52 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

I'm still thinking about it, I may delete the sith and go bounty hunter, I seem to die a lot on melee. Although I played the SI more I think I like the Smuggler l play style better so bounty hunter would probably be good.

I don't like being limited to only two characters, I'm an altatholic, got 10 in Guild Wars 2 now. Kind of disappointed I can only choose between three of the species for free, but they have to make money somehow. I hate to think how much I've already spent on GW2 cash store in only a couple months.

I miss Guild Wars 2's Way Points, places all over the maps that you can instantly travel to for a small fee and they don't go on a timer when used.

Armor damaged when getting killed is similar to Guild Wars 2 except each death there only damages one armor piece and when all your armor is damaged you end up in your underwear until you repair it. Its also easier to heal yourself in combat in GW2, Don't have to bring up inventory and click on medical kits, your healing skill works in combat, although it may be interrupted,.

I was hoping that at some point I'd get to kill the sith overseer but somebody in chat said don't get to frown and that actually his bad treatment of my character is actually a good thing since it feels him with resent

One of the sith quests was bugged. The marker would point to inside the tomb but as soon as I walked into the tomb it would point right back out again. Somebody tried to help me but couldn't remember where I needed to be either. Eventually found it by accident.

Otherwise I having fun with it. I think I'm going to erase both characters, right make the smuggler with different name and appearance and make a bounty hunter instead of sith. I didn't get far of either.

Bounty Hunter's name is Josra. Who do I ask about joining guild?

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (11/23/12 12:39 AM)

#851318 - 11/23/12 02:01 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

You just type in General chat:

/cjoin sunshine

Then someone should send you an invite.. that easy laugh

I think you'll like the Bounty Hunter - and Mako your first companion is just yummy, lol
You get her around lvl 8 I think....

You can unlock stuff in the Cartel Shop if you have cartel coins.
Buy one thing and you'll automatically get Preferred status, which in itself unlocks a few more things for you.
(at least, that's how I understand it)

#851325 - 11/23/12 02:39 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

/cjoin sunshine got me a message that free to play players cannot create or join costume chat channels.

#851336 - 11/23/12 03:49 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oh right - darn.
Well, did you check the torwars.enjin.com and try writing in the shoutbox on the right - then someone might see it and add you.

OR you could wait for the Guild Event tomorrow early morning.

I'll be on tonight in about 8-9 hours, so I could add you.

You keeping the BH Josra?

#851375 - 11/23/12 09:32 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Yes I'm keeping Josra.

Have to go to work, bu I logged in to check on something and found I had mail I had missed. I got 22 credits from the sith academy for sending them a new student. I murdered his father so he's naturally full of negative emotions which his overseer thanked me for.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (11/23/12 01:21 PM)

#851490 - 11/23/12 05:25 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Congrats Guybrush!

Ana wave

#851557 - 11/24/12 01:49 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

misslilo what's your name in game?

#851594 - 11/24/12 08:38 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

My names are:
Hot-wowdane
Hot-Bites
Hot-Femmefatale
Noo-Uglyman

But if you see:
Asros or Aspis in game, you can ask them too smile

#851731 - 11/24/12 11:19 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

I whispered you but you didn't respond or add me to guild.

It wont let me whisper Asros until I get to level 10 because I'm free to play.

I was trying to look up if there was a way to unlock things without a subscription.In the cartel stuff like species unlocks says it requires legacy whatever that is.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (11/24/12 11:22 PM)

#851751 - 11/25/12 04:50 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Got to level 10. Got first companion. Unfortunately free to play is not letting me get all rewards. Most of the missions to get my bounty hunter into the great hunt gave me no items.

#851753 - 11/25/12 05:27 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
misslilo Offline
Addicted Boomer

As far as I understand it, if you buy just 1 thing from the Cartel Shop your status will change to Preferred Player, which will loosen up some of the restrictions.

But let me double check it smile

This is what it says about it:

Quote:
How do I become a Preferred Status Player?

Preferred Status is a great way to unlock additional game features.

Upgrade to Preferred Status by purchasing anything from our store (www.swtor.com/buy).

A player who has purchased the game or is a Former Subscriber is automatically granted Preferred Status. The purchase of a Cartel Coin Card at participating retailers will also upgrade a Free-to-Play player to Preferred Status.

Players with Preferred Status accounts will receive the following benefits:

Can send in-game mail, including 1 (one) attachment.
Can trade securely with other players from Level ten (10) onwards
Can use the /who list and display their Legacy name
First Cargo Hold bay available for free (an 80 item Player Bank)
Sprint available from Level 1
Lower Repair costs
Lower Respecialization (Respec) costs
Five (5) simultaneous listings on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN)
Raised currency limits (Credits and Commendations)
Increased allowance for chat message frequencies in Public Chat channels
One (1) additional active Crew Skill Slot (for a total of 2)
Increased server queue priority

Edited by misslilo (11/25/12 05:32 AM)

#851808 - 11/25/12 11:18 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic going F2P 15/11 [Re: misslilo]
Addicted Boomer

Yeah I bought the title unlock so I could display Hired Gun after my name. I had to exit the game and reload before I recognized that I was Preferred.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
16 registered (BubbaJake, auntiegram, looney4labs, kingpin, BrownEyedTigre, Darlene, Barb, Karsten, Jfi, manxman), 98 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ctillis, GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean
8494 Registered Users