GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Topic Options
#855646 - 12/12/12 12:06 AM The Critter Chronicles problem
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Hi fellow Boomers,
At the point in the game (in the ship's cabin) where I'm supposed to be taking the ship out of the bottle, nothing happens. All I get is a comment from Nate, but never am I able to actually TAKE the ship out of the bottle. I've been following MAG'S WT.
Could this be a "glitch", or am I missing something?
Sandy

#855783 - 12/12/12 01:37 PM Re: The Critter Chronicles problem [Re: sanford]
vic Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: St Albans, UK
Hi, I am playing this and I did not take the ship out of the bottle either. Maybe there is something we need to do first.

#855879 - 12/12/12 06:00 PM Re: The Critter Chronicles problem [Re: vic]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Vic
According to Mag's walkthrough, we shouldn't have to do anything before taking the ship out of the bottle. That's why I'm calling this a possible "glitch". Maybe Mag will see this post and give us a heads up on this "problem".
Sandy

#855883 - 12/12/12 06:20 PM Re: The Critter Chronicles problem [Re: sanford]
Draclvr Online   content
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
I'm playing too and will see if I have any problems in the same place.

#855884 - 12/12/12 06:24 PM Re: The Critter Chronicles problem [Re: sanford]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

The order in the game usually states - "TAKE". This you will see at bottom of the screen.
BUT - since the game is "funny" in a certain way - the Take when done is followed through differently through out the game.

For example - Take the scarf. The game states that and is seen at bottom of screen.
Nate doesn't "take the scarf" - he takes a "thread".

It is a game quirk.

------ Now for that ship in the bottle.
The order at bottom of screen states - Take ship in bottle. What Nate does is take the bottle and smash it. He leaves the ship back on the stand.

Edited by MaG (12/12/12 06:26 PM)

#855913 - 12/12/12 09:34 PM Re: The Critter Chronicles problem [Re: MaG]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

I understand what you are saying, Mag, but in MY game, when I hover the mouse over the ship in a bottle, all it EVER says is "LOOK at ship in a bottle". It never said "TAKE ship in a bottle". Because of this you cannot see the symbol that is necessary to solve the "Hatch Lock" puzzle. This is why I have been calling this incident as a possible "glitch". It seems that other fellow Boomers are reporting the similar "problem" that I am experiencing.
Could there be something that has to be done BEFORE I will get the "TAKE" the ship in a bottle choice? I've been following your wonderful WT very carefully. Fortunately, you give the solution to that puzzle, so I AM able to proceed to the next step. Thnks, Mag.
Sandy

#855918 - 12/12/12 09:43 PM Re: The Critter Chronicles problem [Re: sanford]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

The symbol on the ship bottle stand is not seen but mentioned-described by Nate.

#855921 - 12/12/12 09:51 PM Re: The Critter Chronicles problem [Re: MaG]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks again, Mag. What would I do without you?

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (8dognight, Sorta Blonde, monbron, BrownEyedTigre, colpet, Space Quest Fan, Marian, Sassy, Robert Gault, Draclvr), 62 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
dude, Crazycat, andypipwilly, g0blin, Bubsy
8721 Registered Users