GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#861366 - 01/09/13 11:48 PM Re: Anyone heard of GOG.com? [Re: Tristy]
Tristy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Thanks jenny! I'll keep that in mind. Bigmamma, what is Thief Dark Project? Maybe I'll check that one out.

#861503 - 01/10/13 01:56 PM Re: Anyone heard of GOG.com? [Re: Tristy]
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: florida
Hi Tristy-
Thief Dark Project is the first of the 3 Thief games, from 1999(I think) It is a first person "sneaker"-You play as Garrett, a Taffer(master thief) in an imaginary world that resembles the Middle Ages. You don't need to kill anyone but get around them by knocking them or sneaking around in the shadows or dark places-that's the fun part.Free movement, controlled by WSAD and mouse.This was the first game I played that wasn't point and click, so now I play both kinds, depending on my mood at the time. I also play hidden object games just for a change.
Cheers!

#861882 - 01/12/13 02:52 PM Re: Anyone heard of GOG.com? [Re: Tristy]
CaptainD Offline
Settled Boomer

I don't see anyone mentioning that if you sign up for an account at gog.com you get a few free games thrown at you - including Revolution's Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky, as well as Dragonsphere by MPS labs and TeenAgent. I well remember Lure from my 16-bit days (never did complete it though), TeenAgent was one of the first indie adventure games I ever played, and Dragonsphere is cool... though I gave up on it in the end because it kept crashing (Win7).

Anyway, just thought it was worth mentioning to other adventure game buffs! The games are housed within their own DOSbox runtimes so there's no messing out to get them working - though as mentioned, I had trouble with Dragonsphere. :-(

#861904 - 01/12/13 04:48 PM Re: Anyone heard of GOG.com? [Re: Tristy]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Dragonsphere was tricky to get working in DOS too. I think you had to use EMS instead of NOEMS in the EMM386 line in your config.sys.

#861905 - 01/12/13 04:49 PM Re: Anyone heard of GOG.com? [Re: Tristy]
robedits Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: nyc
My computer's getting older now (about a 5+ yr old DELL XPS)...still fully useful but the newer games I find run a bit more wonky. So...I found GOG.com. Since I "found" them, I haven't stopped ordering from them...I've got so many "older" games from them now....many of the classics and several I wish I'd never gotten rid of...that my PC is almost full!
Their download mgr works just fine. Be aware that although some older titles only take up 50 MB,for instance....some still may take up a couple of GIG or more space on your HD.
ANyway,I've yet to have a single non-solvable problem with any of the games I've downloaded from them. Their games run on XP,Win7,etc.
I give them 2 thumbs up...more if I had more thumbs!

#861910 - 01/12/13 04:57 PM Re: Anyone heard of GOG.com? [Re: Tristy]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I wish they'd get the original Black Mirror.
They actually have a "Wanted Games" list where you can vote on the games you want them to get.
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games

#862443 - 01/15/13 05:59 PM Re: Anyone heard of GOG.com? [Re: Tristy]
Lynnypoo2 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: georgia, USA
GOG is good wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (oldbroad, Lex, InlandAZ, Jenny100, flutist, CanukDenis, manxman, bermag45, ergggo, 1 invisible), 83 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users