GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#861602 - 01/11/13 12:59 AM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
smitty145 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: NYC, USA
Thank you, Sherlock! sherlock

Gotta' be crazy, to keep from going insane crazy

#862114 - 01/13/13 08:33 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Ana!

I really loved the game (especially Arthur), but thought it was way too short. It only took me 3-1/2 hours to play the main game, and I didn't skip any puzzles or use the Hint button. I've been playing the bonus game for about 20 minutes, so I don't know how long it is.

Susan

#862117 - 01/13/13 08:42 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
The bonus chapter is equal to a few chapters in the game so it's a good addition. Glad you are enjoying it. I love Arthur! He looks so real!

#862237 - 01/14/13 04:45 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Michigan
The game is fun but when I attempt to talk to someone the dialog repeats like a stuck record and the music does the same thing. It's annoying! I have to turn the sound off. Maybe it's my computer. Anybody else else having this problem? Other than that I am enjoying the game. smile

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)

#862240 - 01/14/13 05:20 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

I don't leave any sound on when I play so I can't answer that but hopefully someone else that has played can. Do you have an integrated sound card? That causes audio issues in a lot of games.

Ana wave

#862262 - 01/14/13 07:56 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Ana, I have no idea what an integrated sound card is! crazy LOL So I can't answer that! All of my other games sound just fine. It only seems to be this game. But there was another game that I played recently which did the same thing. But I can't remember which game it is! I am almost thinking that it too was an ERS game. So maybe their games are a little different? Oh well I am pretty far into the game so it's not a big deal. I can live with it! wave

#862265 - 01/14/13 08:10 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Penny Lane]
Sparkle Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Penny, Checked in on the BFG Game Forum and see that there are a few others experiencing issues with the sound in this game. You may want to post in the Technical Problems thread just to add your voice in case this is a fixable glitch.

#862266 - 01/14/13 08:17 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Sparkle]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
That's a good suggestion, Sparkle. Contacting Customer Support would also be a good idea. wave

#862268 - 01/14/13 08:54 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Do your speakers or headphones plug into a sound card or into the mother board of your computer? If they plug into the mother board they are integrated and not a separate card. These tend to have difficulties in some games.

Ana wave

#862269 - 01/14/13 09:01 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

They plug into the computer . Now I know what you're talking about! idea wave

#862406 - 01/15/13 02:00 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: northern Wisconsin
Ana you play without the sound????? That's half the fun. I could not imagine no sound. lol

#862412 - 01/15/13 02:24 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Too distracting for me. I hardly ever play without writing at the same time, so I listen to music or the TV instead.

Ana wave

#862417 - 01/15/13 03:01 PM Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Ana!

I finally finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I was disappointed in the length. The bonus chapter took me just over an hour to play, so it was about 4-1/2 hours in total.

Susan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (kjos, Donald, Jill, Darlene, Sassy, curly, bermag45, lynthorpe, PolloDiablo), 55 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
JALind, maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy
8521 Registered Users