GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#867137 - 02/09/13 07:07 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Leavenworth, KS
Aww, Smiley, that's a shame. We had lots of fun playing these games back in the day! smile I have a feeling we'll still be playing in June, so we'll see you then! lol

Barb

#867201 - 02/09/13 12:07 PM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kentucky
Hi All,
Smiley, I sure remember us all playing. I have Might & Magic 6, 7, and 8 installed.
Will be ready for 9 in June, maybe. lol

Mad and Barb, I've been playing all morning. Found out I forgot most of it. Trying not to form an alliance yet until I get Dragon Ability Grandmaster for Ithilgore. I don't know! I do know I'm not going to pick up Overdune just yet. smile

#867289 - 02/09/13 09:33 PM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Kayc]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
You seem to be going through the game like a dose of salts, Kayc shocked

I haven't had much time with the game since I last posted here so very little progress for me lol

#867631 - 02/11/13 05:52 PM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi all,
Yay! happydance I got Grandmaster Dragon Ability for Ithilgore. I messed up the last time and couldn't get it. I also made sure to train a Necromancer so I could get water to Grandmaster. No one in my party could get it the last time.

Working on the Alliance now. Just found the spear Ebonest from the Mad Necromancer's Lab. That took awhile to be able to do. How are you guys doing? smile

#867656 - 02/11/13 07:26 PM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

i'm going very slowly, Kay. I know I need to do the Troll Tomb, but I keep getting killed. I'm also working on the minotaur place in Alvar. I think I can do that one eventually. I did get master in Water & Town Portal, so that helps a lot. I'm having a hard time keeping up my interest in this game. Mybe I've played it too much.

#867665 - 02/11/13 08:12 PM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Barb]
Wincey Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: Barb
Hi Mad smile wave

I've played M&M8 several times. It's similar to M&M6, but easier, IMO. You start the game with one character, but you recruit more as you go along. I usually start with a necromancer, because he can cast the same spells as a sorcerer in the earlier games. You can add a knight, cleric, vampire, & another necromancer (with promotions for each) as you go along. You can dismiss any character you've added at any time, except for your main character. The best thing about the game, I think, is that you can add up to 3 dragons to your party. They are VERY powerful.

I'd say give it a try. I've been thinking about playing it again. Right now I'm playing M&M6 & having a hard time in Kriegspire Castle. I bought it from GOG & they fixed the bug that gave unlimited gold, so I'm having a hard time with only 200,000 gold!

The hardest part being how to fit 200,000 gold pieces in your pockets? smile

#867683 - 02/11/13 09:42 PM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Wincey]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Phew !! crazy

After reading all the achievements you folks manage in what seems like five or ten minutes, I think I'll have to re-name my character .. And "Sir Plodalong" sounds mightily apt lol

I can take weeks to play through an Adventure - but RPGs ?? Those I count in months blush

#867725 - 02/12/13 04:30 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

I've had a heck of a time keeping my Necromancer and Cleric alive. Those two die very easy, so I have to save often. lol I still have a long ways to go but enjoying the game. You're right mad, could take months to finish.

Barb, I know how you feel, I played Skyrim so much that I just quit. I had all the main quest done and was doing side quests. smile

#867976 - 02/13/13 07:08 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

Necros & clerics are pretty weak, but they're very important to a party. Mine get killed a lot, too. I have 2 necros now. Kay, did getting Ilsigore promoted help? I don't think I usually bother. I've cleared out the top part of the Ogre Fortress. now I have to do the hardest part. Then I'm going to make another try at the Troll Tomb. I'll be glad to get the second dragon, but I remember you have to have Fly to reach him, & he won't join until the party is at a higher level.

Mad, do you have a dragon yet?

#867980 - 02/13/13 07:41 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

Barb, It helped a little. I can stay up in the air a little longer, and a few more hit & damage points.
My Necromancer and cleric are getting a little stronger now, but I still have to watch them close. lol

I haven't tried another dragon! Where is it at?

Hi Mad!

#868004 - 02/13/13 09:34 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

The 2d dragon, Brimstone, is in Yaardrake's Cave in Shadowspire. The cave is up in the mountains north of the city. According to my notes, you have to belevel 27-29 before he will join you. I'm about L15 now.

#868120 - 02/13/13 10:21 PM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Barb]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Hi Barb smile

No, I don't have a dragon and have no idea how to acquire one !! woozy

I've been killing wasps most recently (although not visited anything that looks like their nest yet) and a few ogres as well yes

I'm not sure at all though that I'm attempting stuff in a sensible order - I've just been going where the mood takes me lol

Cheers.

Mad grin

#868150 - 02/14/13 07:23 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Barb! happydance Found Brimstone, He's waiting at the Adventures Inn for me. I'll have to check him out later, two year old is here. I won't get to play much the next two days. lol

I'll have to trade Cauri in and she has grandmaster merchant and Grandmaster disarm trap.
I need both of those skills. will see if another can get them.

Your doing great Mad, play the game and go where the mood takes you. lol

#868153 - 02/14/13 07:43 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Mad]
Barb Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi guys! I finally finished the Troll Tomb, so now I'm ready to form an alliance.

Mad, sounds like you're doing well. Kay is right - just have fun! Getting the first dragon is easy - from Ravenshore, cross the bridge & head west along the shore until you come to Smugglers' Cove. Keep going past it & you'll come to Garrote Gorge. Go across the bridge, stay right & go into the mountains. Eventually you'll see a cave. Go on in, the dragons won't bother you. Ithildore's home is in there & he will join your party. I usually do Smuggler's Cove next - it's not too hard & you can finish one quest there & pick up another one.

Kay, do you remember where you got disarm trap? I don't have it yet, & I keep getting blown up!

Edited by Barb (02/14/13 07:44 AM)

#868164 - 02/14/13 09:24 AM Re: Might & Magic VIII [Re: Barb]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Thanks for that info, Barb thumbsup

I did Smuggler's Cove a little while back so I know my way there.

[BTW. I'm pretty sure I got "Disarm Trap" from The Grog & Grug on Dagger Wound Island.]

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Iurii, Marian, BrownEyedTigre, Darleen03, dianne, looney4labs, maryjo, Draclvr, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
maggieann, charlene, mikcik, Trishpatsy, sosiebear1
8520 Registered Users