GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Dammed #868859
02/17/13 03:47 PM
02/17/13 03:47 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
I downloaded this game from the GOG game site about a week ago. After installation there was the usual launch icon on my desktop. I did start the game but just went back to play it again today. Now when I try to play the game I only get a black screen...so I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it. Now I have no desk icon to launch the game. I can not even find the game in my files. When I search for it I only get the setup square in I think my
documents. Can anyone give me any ideas as to why this is happening? Thank you for any suggestions....

Re: Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Dammed [Re: linda333] #869001
02/18/13 11:15 AM
02/18/13 11:15 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I don't really know, Linda.
Do you think your antivirus could have blocked the game install -- or part of the game install?

If not, you could try uninstalling the game again and running ccleaner --> Registry --> Scan for Issues --> Fix issues.

You may want to use Revo Uninstaller instead of the Windows uninstaller.

My guess is that the black screen you originally had could have been due to incompatible video drivers. But clearly you have more problems now with the reinstall since there was no desktop icon or other stuff when you reinstalled the game.

I'm assuming you didn't pick up some malware that's interfering with the game or with Windows installer and uninstaller.

Re: Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Dammed [Re: linda333] #869067
02/18/13 09:12 PM
02/18/13 09:12 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
Thanks, will go back and try a few things...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (manxman, jboliver, 2 invisible), 314 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users