GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#869457 - 02/20/13 02:51 PM Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Ok...

Here is another thought...I wonder since downloading of games are now the thing of the future....If...It would come to be where you can sell a download key that is just for you ,and no one else....Where you can either sell the key or trade the key for a download to another person.... duh

I think this would be a good thing....

What do you think ?

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#869464 - 02/20/13 03:03 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Quesnel b.c.
I will never ever download a game again had one very bad experience it downloading games is the future I will have to quit playing diane

#869466 - 02/20/13 03:11 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I don't know but do you really think that a publisher or developer is going to be OK with that?

#869469 - 02/20/13 03:14 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: GreyFuss]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

dianne..I had a bad experience a couple of years ago....I can't remember the name of the game....But....You had to download disk 1 through 4....My whole download got messed up <sigh>

Greyfuss ...If you bought the game for full price on a download, Why would they object.... duh

GameBoomers

#869472 - 02/20/13 03:20 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Darleen, it's not happening on GameBoomers Trading Post because it's not legal and I am not seeing it being legal here or anywhere else in the US in the future. It's already been an issue that you can't will your electronic properties either like your ebooks etc. It is licensed to you and only you.

#869473 - 02/20/13 03:21 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I think they wouldn't allow it for the simple reason that by letting "you" sell the game and then download from their servers then they lose a sale let alone now have the burden to provide support for another user but not not have any profit. And what about the added cost of the traffic for downloading on their site. I have never read the ULLA (?is it) but it may say right in there that it is for your use only. These are all off of the top of my head and I have no real proof but if I was a developer I wouldn't want my game downloaded from my site 20 times and only get one sale.

#869474 - 02/20/13 03:23 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
Sonic Boomer

The EULA's do indeed say it licensed for you only. YOu are buying the right to play it, not distribute it.

#869475 - 02/20/13 03:24 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

lol Thats it, EULA not ULLA lol. ULLA sounds like some kind of virus or body part.

I do remember reading about some developers who were getting tired of being constantly bothered by people requesting support for a game they bought from someone else and this was back in the days of boxed games only. Besides is it really fair to them?

#869477 - 02/20/13 03:32 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: GreyFuss]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Ana....

I know GB's would not allow it, but Change is coming to the Internet downloads...

If the publishers want to reap the benefits of full price on a download sooner or later they will have to find a way to make their customers happy.....

Less, and less hard copies are available lately...

I see no harm in selling or trading a key that a person paid full price for...

Thats just my opinion...

Also when you sell or trade a hard copy ...You go through the same thing ..Worried if it works on your computer....

If you trade a key customer support should not be available to you ..I think....

Edited by Darleen03 (02/20/13 03:37 PM)

GameBoomers

#869481 - 02/20/13 03:37 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
Sonic Boomer

rotfl Yes, I thought of an uvula when I read it. lol

Developers need to earn a living. We have seen enough close up shop because they can't. If you love adventures you need to not look for ways to cut the developers profit. I personally have contributed to a Kickstarter of games I may never have time to play, but I want the developer to succeed because I love the genre.

#869487 - 02/20/13 03:45 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

I also want the developers to succeed, but unfortunately I don't have lots of money to support them all....

frown

GameBoomers

#869488 - 02/20/13 04:02 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Everyone knows I am guilty of selling my hard copies of game and I certainly don't want anyone to think that it is right and I really do understand what you are saying Darlene. I am actually doing this without the developers/publishers blessing or knowledge, is it wrong...probably, that is a subject that has been beat to death. As far as the downloads it seems like they would be giving permission if they allowed anyone to be able to access their downloads at their cost. If you just multiply times ten the number of emails both you and Dianne sent when you had download trouble to the support site for those games. They have to pay people to answer those and resolve the issues and this doesn't even involve the game itself.

Lets say for grins they sell 10,000 downloads of their game and each of those games keys were sold only 2 times, that would be 30,000 people they are providing support for and only profiting for 10,000. When you look at downloads that way it looks a little different than just selling a key. At least it does for me.

#869499 - 02/20/13 04:47 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
Sonic Boomer

Darleen, I don't have money for a lot of them either trust me. But I do not believe I have to have everything either. Just because I "want" something does mean I can have it. I remember when I started gaming and I bought 3 games a year tops because that is all I could afford and it took me months to play because there were no hints.

The games are cheaper now than they were back then also. Bottom line is, people complain there are not enough adventures being made, they get upset when a beloved developer like Kheops and others shut their doors, but we want to play the games without making sure the developer gets paid for it. You can't have it both ways.

#869500 - 02/20/13 04:50 PM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: GreyFuss]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

GreyFuss....

If you buy a key from someone lets say....The person has to register to use that key for download....

Ok....So if you sell or trade the key you will have to register that computer to download the game....So ....in that case the publisher knows the key is used, and being registered by another user....Then there is no support for that key...

What is so complicated about that... confused

Ana....I do agree, but times are changing....

Look at the TP here...Its getting less, and less newer games for trade...Thats Sad.. frown

Edited by Darleen03 (02/20/13 04:52 PM)

GameBoomers

#869586 - 02/21/13 05:23 AM Re: Selling Or Trading Download Keys In The Future For Games [Re: Darleen03]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Wouldn't it be simpler to just sell the game the old fashioned way on a disk? idea It's the only way it works for me! pacify

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (ipad_Lover, robert gray, kjos, traveler, BrownEyedTigre, stevefox), 70 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users