GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#87079 - 02/02/07 08:52 AM Re: Lost In Time
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hmmm. I can get it through one of Amazon's resellers. Maybe it's time to right that ancient (in computer time) wrong.

Paying for a game that I once got for free? Not a problem. Admitting that I once made a stupid mistake? Much more difficult. evil

#87080 - 02/04/07 09:39 AM Re: Lost In Time
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi oldmariner smile

You have given us a splendid review of an oldie that's very dear to my heart thumbsup thumbsup

I just love it !!

I MUST get it installed again lol lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

#226619 - 11/04/07 04:12 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: Mad]
Kelly Stiver Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi. I've just brought the Fraps from Planetwide Games' Comic Book Creator, and I'm in the process (really off and on, start and stop, etc) of using Fraps to take screenshots of my games (so far I only did this with the beginning of Thief: The Dark Project by Edios Looking Glass Studios. So you can see, I'm really just starting to use Fraps to get game screenshots,and from the way you're talking about Lost In Time, it sounds like it might be worth a try to make LIT run in a DOS box on Windows XP and run Fraps to get the screenshots, because of course I'm planning on using Comic Book Creator to make a comic book of my gaming experiences. Before buying Fraps a couple of days ago, I used my 4 megapixel digital camera to photograph the screenshots of another old DOS game that I've played and won; this game is Stonekeep by Interplay, and I've added people to the screenshots to represent me as the player by a means of photo editing software, saved the screenshots in jpeg, and added them to my comic book file. But when I showed my mom the comic pages that I've made of the Stonekeep screenshots, she told me that the pictures were too black and blurry. And after I've made a page or 2 of LIT and printed out the comic book pages of my LIT screenshots, they, too, were blurry. Not a little bit blurry, but kind of blurry as to render them unacceptable (at least by my mom's and girlfriend's standards of quality) and I considered abandoning the comics using the screenshots from LIT and Stonekeep, and trying to come up with clear, crisper Internet images edited to resemble the games' screenshots as much as possible. What do you say?

P.S. I've played LIT and Stonekeep on my oldest computer, a 15-year-old DOS-based and Windows 3.xx Packard-Bell and used my camera to photograph the screens as shown on the Packard-Bell's monitor. Are the screenshots much clearer for you since you're running LIT from a Windows XP DOS box? If so, then it might be worth it for me to do for the sake of my comic book projects. Please reply. Thank you very much

Edited by Kelly Stiver (11/04/07 04:25 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot a word

#227007 - 11/05/07 11:18 AM Re: Lost In Time [Re: Kelly Stiver]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Kelly -- did you mean to post this in the Glitches forum? The folks there will probably know more about this.

#231187 - 11/13/07 07:16 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: Becky]
oldmariner Offline
Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

Kelly, I don't know if screen shots using dosbox are clearer that what you got when using the old equipment. The game was sitting on my desk so I loaded it up in dosbox and captured a shot. The result was a clean, clear photo. I can only say it works well using control/print screen when using dosbox.

#238732 - 11/29/07 06:01 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: oldmariner]
Kelly Stiver Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, I've loaded this game in DOSbox and used Capture-A-Screen to get some screenshots of this game.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/KellySt10/Lost%20In%20Time/ Here's the link (hopefully, as I'm just learning how to use photobucket) to my Lost In Time screenshots from DOSbox. Could you please tell me if they're too blurry, or if they're clear enough for you? My mom thinks they're too blurry.

Edited by looney4labs (11/29/07 08:30 PM)
Edit Reason: combined stacked posts

#238793 - 11/29/07 08:31 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: Kelly Stiver]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Kelly, too blurry for what?

I can see them, though the detail in the poster is not good. If I had to pick out the details of it, I would not be able to.

#240041 - 12/02/07 03:46 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: looney4labs]
Kelly Stiver Offline
Settled Boomer

My mom said the screenshots were too blurry for her. Does this mean everyone who sees them would think they're too blurry?

#240161 - 12/02/07 07:27 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: Kelly Stiver]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Kelly, it depends on What you want to use the screen shots for? What are you doing with them? puppy

#240423 - 12/03/07 09:46 AM Re: Lost In Time [Re: looney4labs]
Kelly Stiver Offline
Settled Boomer

I'm using them in Comic Book Creator to make a comic book with these screenshots after I edit them in Photoshop to put people into them.

#240511 - 12/03/07 12:43 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: Kelly Stiver]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Ahhh, sounds like an interesting project. Just be sure to check the copyright issues as some folks are very aggressive about them.

For me, they are clear enough for that--but the clarity will probably be affected by the finished size.

#240527 - 12/03/07 01:01 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: looney4labs]
Kelly Stiver Offline
Settled Boomer

Regarding these people and their copyright issues: my mom said that by the time my stories are ready to get published (if God's willing) all these folks in these pictures will be dead and buried, and by then, their copyrights might expire.

#240821 - 12/03/07 10:14 PM Re: Lost In Time [Re: Kelly Stiver]
oldmariner Offline
Reviewer
Addicted Boomer

I'm not a copyrite lawyer and I don't play one on TV either. This is a sticky issue as I have read some copyrites pass down to other family members after the owner passes on. Don't take anything for granted that anti-piracy stuff is a slippery slope.

#241037 - 12/04/07 11:12 AM Re: Lost In Time [Re: oldmariner]
Kelly Stiver Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, I'm trusting that God will handle all these copyright issues for me if He wants these comic books published. You know, God can do anything and all things. He might let the book fall into the right publisher's hands, and that publisher could hire actors (it might even be that kind of publishing company that uses actors) and build sets (like they do when they make movies) that are the same as or similar to the pictures that I'm using in my comic books. Each time I begin a comic book project, I dedicate it to God & I put it into His (mighty) hands. As with all my story and comic book projects, I'm trusting God with them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Jenny100, looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (InlandAZ, CCbomber, Pandora, Pokey, wisnoskij, Winfrey, 3dobermans), 170 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Georgia, Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12
8966 Registered Users