GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#871902 - 03/04/13 06:23 PM Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Here is a prominence facebook post:

Quote:
Hey friends and fans! We've had a few pricing questions, and wanted to let you know that we're planning to release Prominence digitally for $20, and we're looking into the possibility of digital pre-orders at $15.

We also know many adventure game and PC gaming fans prefer to buy boxed copies, so we've also been exploring the idea of making a limited edition boxed version with a whole bunch of extra goodies. This would probably be done via Kickstarter, since it'll be a one-time, all-or-nothing production run.

What do you think?

I will link this thread to Prominence's thread so that those without FaceBook can help get their opinion out there.

Speak now.... grin

#871930 - 03/04/13 09:24 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Ana.

#871934 - 03/04/13 09:44 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

No one has an opinion? lol

Okay, well my opinion is that I would be happy with a download only. That should get things rolling. rotfl

#871943 - 03/04/13 10:22 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi BrownEyedTigre smile

Yeah !! You got me rollin' !!!! lol

I'm one of those who would prefer a boxed, disk version but right now I'm just fully booked up as regards Kickstarter stuff.
[That is to say I really can't afford to pledge towards any more for the time being :)]

But thanks for the info nonetheless !! thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

#871947 - 03/04/13 10:33 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

lol I knew that would get things in motion. Thanks for your opinion Mad. hearts

#871953 - 03/04/13 11:05 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have been looking forward to playing Prominence since it was first announced and I am excited to learn that the long wait may be coming to an end.

Frankly here is my opinion on the questions ask from the Prominence team...

I am one who prefers to have physical disk over a digital download any day. I have learned though that downloads are not really that bad. That being said I would be perfectly happy with a disk release, with graphics, in a Keep Case (DVD Style Case) with a printed game graphic insert. Small, lightweight for shipping and inexpensive compared to manufacturing a box and adding goodies. Personally, even though I have high hopes that Prominence will be a great gaming experience it is unproven for a limited edition boxed released. If this was a game from a successful series or from a team that is well established in our community then yes, go ahead with it. I can see the Tex Murphys, Dreamfall, Jane Jensen, Jonathon Boakes etc teams offering collector editions with goodies but I can't see it, yet, for Prominence. I hope that Prominence is very successful and that when Prominence 2 is released there will be a Limited Edition Boxed release with goodies.

As far as the prices for the download version, seems reasonable to me with the preorder discount price a good deal as long as the length of the game fits the price.

BTW...thanks for asking.

#872001 - 03/05/13 07:36 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
cg_mike Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Long Island, NY
Thanks for the support, GameBoomers! smile We'll be reading every post in this thread!

#872044 - 03/05/13 11:22 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

cg-mike

Any guess-timate as to when Prominence will be released and will you be distributing it yourself?

#872173 - 03/05/13 10:58 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Good question Greyfuss!

#872235 - 03/06/13 10:04 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
I would pay extra for a boxed version rather than a straight download.

#872254 - 03/06/13 12:08 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: GreyFuss]
cg_mike Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
cg-mike

Any guess-timate as to when Prominence will be released and will you be distributing it yourself?

Good question indeed!

Every time we've projected a release date, something happens and the schedule takes a hit. So we should probably just say that we're working hard to make Prominence an exceptional science-fiction game that will hopefully intrigue and entertain adventure fans everywhere.

As for distribution, we'll be launching a Greenlight campaign soon. GOG would be good too. We like their value-added mentality and we know adventure gamers appreciate their viewpoint on DRM.

Edited by cg_mike (03/06/13 12:08 PM)

#872325 - 03/06/13 08:01 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: cg_mike]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Well a release via GOG would get a definite " thumbsup" and a purchase from me !! grin

#872382 - 03/07/13 05:00 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
For me a boxed version is the only way to go because my gaming computer is not connected to the internet. I really don't need extra goodies just a DVD version in a case.

#872946 - 03/10/13 06:04 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer

Another vote for a physical edition from me. I would pay extra. smile

#872992 - 03/10/13 11:04 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Only $5 more for a physical version is a great bargain -- assuming both are DRM-free.

Edit -- I seem to have misread Ana's quote. Alas it will probably be more than $5 for the physical version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Sorta Blonde, Space Quest Fan, Marian, Tally Ho, ergggo, oldbroad, soot, Melia, jimrh69, k28d13j11), 47 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
merlin5153, fpotter, paulabonita, justaghop, Marvel
8675 Registered Users