GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#871902 - 03/04/13 06:23 PM Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Here is a prominence facebook post:

Quote:
Hey friends and fans! We've had a few pricing questions, and wanted to let you know that we're planning to release Prominence digitally for $20, and we're looking into the possibility of digital pre-orders at $15.

We also know many adventure game and PC gaming fans prefer to buy boxed copies, so we've also been exploring the idea of making a limited edition boxed version with a whole bunch of extra goodies. This would probably be done via Kickstarter, since it'll be a one-time, all-or-nothing production run.

What do you think?

I will link this thread to Prominence's thread so that those without FaceBook can help get their opinion out there.

Speak now.... grin

#871930 - 03/04/13 09:24 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Ana.

#871934 - 03/04/13 09:44 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

No one has an opinion? lol

Okay, well my opinion is that I would be happy with a download only. That should get things rolling. rotfl

#871943 - 03/04/13 10:22 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi BrownEyedTigre smile

Yeah !! You got me rollin' !!!! lol

I'm one of those who would prefer a boxed, disk version but right now I'm just fully booked up as regards Kickstarter stuff.
[That is to say I really can't afford to pledge towards any more for the time being :)]

But thanks for the info nonetheless !! thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

#871947 - 03/04/13 10:33 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

lol I knew that would get things in motion. Thanks for your opinion Mad. hearts

#871953 - 03/04/13 11:05 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have been looking forward to playing Prominence since it was first announced and I am excited to learn that the long wait may be coming to an end.

Frankly here is my opinion on the questions ask from the Prominence team...

I am one who prefers to have physical disk over a digital download any day. I have learned though that downloads are not really that bad. That being said I would be perfectly happy with a disk release, with graphics, in a Keep Case (DVD Style Case) with a printed game graphic insert. Small, lightweight for shipping and inexpensive compared to manufacturing a box and adding goodies. Personally, even though I have high hopes that Prominence will be a great gaming experience it is unproven for a limited edition boxed released. If this was a game from a successful series or from a team that is well established in our community then yes, go ahead with it. I can see the Tex Murphys, Dreamfall, Jane Jensen, Jonathon Boakes etc teams offering collector editions with goodies but I can't see it, yet, for Prominence. I hope that Prominence is very successful and that when Prominence 2 is released there will be a Limited Edition Boxed release with goodies.

As far as the prices for the download version, seems reasonable to me with the preorder discount price a good deal as long as the length of the game fits the price.

BTW...thanks for asking.

#872001 - 03/05/13 07:36 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
cg_mike Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Long Island, NY
Thanks for the support, GameBoomers! smile We'll be reading every post in this thread!

#872044 - 03/05/13 11:22 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

cg-mike

Any guess-timate as to when Prominence will be released and will you be distributing it yourself?

#872173 - 03/05/13 10:58 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

Good question Greyfuss!

#872235 - 03/06/13 10:04 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
colpet Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
I would pay extra for a boxed version rather than a straight download.

#872254 - 03/06/13 12:08 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: GreyFuss]
cg_mike Offline
Junior Boomer

Loc: Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
cg-mike

Any guess-timate as to when Prominence will be released and will you be distributing it yourself?

Good question indeed!

Every time we've projected a release date, something happens and the schedule takes a hit. So we should probably just say that we're working hard to make Prominence an exceptional science-fiction game that will hopefully intrigue and entertain adventure fans everywhere.

As for distribution, we'll be launching a Greenlight campaign soon. GOG would be good too. We like their value-added mentality and we know adventure gamers appreciate their viewpoint on DRM.

Edited by cg_mike (03/06/13 12:08 PM)

#872325 - 03/06/13 08:01 PM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: cg_mike]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Well a release via GOG would get a definite " thumbsup" and a purchase from me !! grin

#872382 - 03/07/13 05:00 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
For me a boxed version is the only way to go because my gaming computer is not connected to the internet. I really don't need extra goodies just a DVD version in a case.

#872946 - 03/10/13 06:04 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
PolloDiablo Offline
Settled Boomer

Another vote for a physical edition from me. I would pay extra. smile

#872992 - 03/10/13 11:04 AM Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Only $5 more for a physical version is a great bargain -- assuming both are DRM-free.

Edit -- I seem to have misread Ana's quote. Alas it will probably be more than $5 for the physical version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Sassy, LadyKestrel, seoirse, Rushes, Pandora, kazzmo, GIOVANNA LARIOU, judith, 1 invisible), 115 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat, AppyLover
8504 Registered Users