GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#872331 - 03/06/13 09:07 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
GreyFuss,

Facebook has become THE way to simply justify the popularity of something. If you don't have a thousand "Likes" you're just not relevant. That's how a lot of people, including potential investors, see it.

I agree with you that Facebook is not the only way to gauge interest in something but since it's become the simplest, it's been adopted as the new "nielson box". People see a page has 10,000 likes and infer that means it actually has 100K people who like it! (Factoring in the people who would if they had fb accounts or people who have them but don't "like" pages).

And to further complicate things, it's not just the number of likes, but the amount of time it took to get them. The faster we can raise 1,000 likes on our page, the more of an impact it will have.

I agree that the system isn't perfect but I'm working with what I've got to prove relevance to the people who can make things happen that I alone cannot. If they told me to prove demand for something by starting an email campaign, you bet I'd be posting about sending emails!

-Bryan

#872335 - 03/06/13 09:40 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Bryan

I wish you the best in this unique venture. Sorry I can't help you out personally. I don't know nothing about this "Like" FaceBook stuff but if there is no risk involved in "Liking" something there I will talk with my daughter to see if she belongs and have her do this "Like" for you. But like I said if by her "Liking" something puts any burden on her page at all then I won't ask her.

#872336 - 03/06/13 09:43 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
It's a harmless "like" Greyfuss. Thanks for helping!

#872455 - 03/07/13 11:19 AM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

Thank you, GreyFuss! "Liking" is the act of clicking a button on a Facebook page that shows you like it. I really appreciate your support!

-Bryan

#872465 - 03/07/13 12:15 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
I hate Facebook but I've conceded to it to keep some contact up with distant relatives & friends which I would otherwise have no contact with! So I've 'liked'! smile

#872538 - 03/07/13 05:14 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: chrissie]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
BWiegele....I have one question...

Most games need codes or they need to be registered on the sites...

How is this going to work? Especially if you need a code to play the game.....Will this be a form of pirating? duh

Thank You

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#872544 - 03/07/13 05:56 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Darleen, Bryan is a developer. He would never pirate or promote any form of piracy. This is completely legitimate.

#872546 - 03/07/13 06:03 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks, Ana for the info

But I still don't understand how some games that require a registration key will work for a free download....

Thanks

What about games Like Sherlock Holmes ?

Edited by Darleen03 (03/07/13 06:05 PM)

GameBoomers

#872549 - 03/07/13 06:17 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Darleen, I will flag Bryan but since this is his idea he is trying to get backing for I am not sure he is going to divulge publicly how it will work until he gets it off the ground. I can however tell you, it's completely legit and very doable if he can prove he has enough of an audience.

#872552 - 03/07/13 06:24 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks, Ana

It will be a first, and very interesting how it will work, since so many games need a Key to play the game...

GameBoomers

#872553 - 03/07/13 06:39 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Darleen,

We want to keep things as simple as possible so we will not require any type of key or code to access the games. You will simply log into the website with your user ID and play!

I'm currently working on a FAQ to answer as many of these concerns as possible. I'll provide the link once I get it up.

I hope that answers your question!

-Bryan

#872554 - 03/07/13 06:43 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

BWiegele..>.That is amazing if it will work...On one of my threads I was questioning selling ,and trading keys, and or codes to download, and play games....I was also thinking about a site that you would pay a fee once a years to do just that for all games.

Wonderful concept you are working on... thumbsup

GameBoomers

#872581 - 03/07/13 08:44 PM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

I've put together a FAQ page to help everyone understand my goal. Please let me know if anything is still unclear.

http://www.bigtimegames.com/faq.html

Thank you so much for your support! I know we can make this happen and change how games are presented to everyone!

-Bryan

#872807 - 03/09/13 10:08 AM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BWiegele Offline
Settled Boomer

Just a quick update to let everyone know we've crossed 750 likes on our page! Thank you to everyone supporting our efforts! To those who aren't; why not?! wink

-Bryan

#872819 - 03/09/13 11:19 AM Re: Play New Adventure Games for FREE! [Re: BWiegele]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

woot It really picked up Bryan! I am very excited for you.

Ana wave

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Marian, linda333, LadyLinda, colpet, shroeder, Jarkeld, gaily, Upsydaisy, Jenny100, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users