GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
neverhood!! #87220
04/21/01 06:15 PM
04/21/01 06:15 PM
England
tigger Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
tigger  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

England
I don't know if this one has been done before, but I have never enjoyed a game as much as this one. There is virtually no speech, no distractions, just fun puzzles to solve.

You are a little plasticine man, in a plasticine world. You have to try and find out what and why you are, a great and long history!!

Loads of things to interact with, every time I solved a puzzle the resulting actions made me laugh. Its very difficult to write a synopsys of the game without spoiling it, but I will try.

Your pal keeps sending you hints to your mailbox, just like in here!! I don't think you can die, well I didn't!! Came apart at the seams a few times, but plasticine just melds back together!! The puzzles are logical, I needed the walk just twice. explore and try everything, pull push to your hearts content!! Its a good relaxing game after you have played something heavy like Phantasmagoria or Faust. Yes you have to kill the odd monster, but its better than being eaten!!

All I can say is if you have the chance to get it, do!! It appeals to any age group and is timeless. It also has a happy ending if you make the right choices!!

Definately linear, you can't go to the next bit if you haven't done everything in your current scenario, buth you can explore.

Out of all the games I have tried, it rates 11 out of 10!!

A bounce a day keeps the doctor away!!
Playing Sims2, Sherlock, Phantom of Venice
Reading Storm Breaking
Re: neverhood!! #87221
04/21/01 06:35 PM
04/21/01 06:35 PM
USA
mignonne Offline
Settled Boomer
mignonne  Offline
Settled Boomer

USA
I loved this game. I laughed the whole time I was playing. This game did not go STINKY BAD

Re: neverhood!! #87222
04/21/01 11:12 PM
04/21/01 11:12 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Hi Tigger

Played this a while back and thought it was a lot of fun. I loved the way the clay animations looked - made you want to reach into the screen and play with the clay yourself.

Fun game and great review

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: neverhood!! #87223
04/22/01 02:28 PM
04/22/01 02:28 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I love this game, and I am so glad that I did not trade it off a couple of years ago in a weak moment. It is almost impossible to find now.

Re: neverhood!! #87224
04/22/01 04:38 PM
04/22/01 04:38 PM
Sweden
Gog Offline
Settled Boomer
Gog  Offline
Settled Boomer

Sweden
Also loved this game. In fact you can die in it.

SPOILER
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
At the bottom of the dried up river you can jump down a hole and die. Although you have to disobey a lot of warnings, which I did
After saving first of course

Re: neverhood!! #87225
04/23/01 11:13 PM
04/23/01 11:13 PM
Bellingham WA
waves Offline
Settled Boomer
waves  Offline
Settled Boomer

Bellingham WA
Quote:
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="3">Originally posted by tigger:
I don't know if this one has been done before, but I have never enjoyed a game as much as this one. There is virtually no speech, no distractions, just fun puzzles to solve.

You are a little plasticine man, in a plasticine world. You have to try and find out what and why you are, a great and long history!!

Loads of things to interact with, every time I solved a puzzle the resulting actions made me laugh. Its very difficult to write a synopsys of the game without spoiling it, but I will try.

Your pal keeps sending you hints to your mailbox, just like in here!! I don't think you can die, well I didn't!! Came apart at the seams a few times, but plasticine just melds back together!! The puzzles are logical, I needed the walk just twice. explore and try everything, pull push to your hearts content!! Its a good relaxing game after you have played something heavy like Phantasmagoria or Faust. Yes you have to kill the odd monster, but its better than being eaten!!

All I can say is if you have the chance to get it, do!! It appeals to any age group and is timeless. It also has a happy ending if you make the right choices!!

Definately linear, you can't go to the next bit if you haven't done everything in your current scenario, buth you can explore.

Out of all the games I have tried, it rates 11 out of 10!!
</font>

Gosh, I feel like such a doofus! I, too, loved this game...at first! I got hopelessly stuck in the match the sequence puzzle, and never even got to the other matching sequence...those of you who played this game may know what I'm referring to. I cheated with every walkthrough I could find, read chat line stuff with detailed steps...just could not get past that point and gave up. I do still have the game, and haven't been able to part with it as I enjoyed the graphics so much...but have not wanted to tackle it again...why am I the only one who failed at this???

Barb

Re: neverhood!! #87226
04/28/01 06:37 AM
04/28/01 06:37 AM
England
tigger Offline OP
Graduate Boomer
tigger  Offline OP
Graduate Boomer

England
The matching sequence is really frustrating, remember the game you used to play where you turn over cards to make pairs? really maddening! It took me half an hour to finish this one puzzle, I usually managed to bomb out with just 8 cards left!! Persevere - its worth it! If you get really stuck, draw a grid with the correct number of spaces in it, then assign each picture a number. Fill in the grid as you find each picture. It should then be easier to finish....

You need to finish this so you can do the lock on the robots area.

Hugs
Tig

A bounce a day keeps the doctor away!!
Playing Sims2, Sherlock, Phantom of Venice
Reading Storm Breaking
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 337 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users