GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
TGIF #872576
03/07/13 09:14 PM
03/07/13 09:14 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
Jules de Gaultier
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

World Domination

World domination is everyone's dream. It's not a bad job really. It pays well, there are all sorts of perks and you can set your own hours. However, every Evil Villian I've read about in books or seen in movies invariably gets overthrown and destroyed in the end. I've noticed that no matter whether they are barbarian lords, deranged wizards, mad scientists or alien invaders, they always seem to make the same basic mistakes every single time. Therefore, I follow these guidelines while conquering the world...

1. My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear Plexiglas visors, not face-concealing ones.

2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

3. My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.

4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.

5. The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

7. When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

8. After I kidnap the hot girlfriend of the hero, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.

9. I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labeled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labeled as such.

10. I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.

11. I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.

12. One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

13. All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.

14. The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other form of last request.

15. I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation.

16. I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one thing I want to know."

17. When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice.

18. I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.

19. I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.

20. Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.

21. I will hire a talented fashion designer to create original uniforms for my Legions of Terror, as opposed to some cheap knock-offs that make them look like Nazi storm troopers, Roman foot soldiers, or savage Mongol hordes. All were eventually defeated and I want my troops to have a more positive mind-set.

22. No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.

23. I will keep a special cache of low-tech weapons and train my troops in their use. That way -- even if the heroes manage to neutralize my power generator and/or render the standard-issue energy weapons useless -- my troops will not be overrun by a handful of savages armed with spears and rocks.

24. I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line "No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)

25. No matter how well it would perform, I will never construct any sort of machinery which is completely indestructible except for one small and virtually inaccessible vulnerable spot.

26. No matter how attractive certain members of the rebellion are, there is probably someone just as attractive who is not desperate to kill me. Therefore, I will think twice before ordering a prisoner sent to my bed chamber.

27. I will never build only one of anything important. All important systems will have redundant control panels and power supplies. For the same reason I will always carry at least two fully loaded weapons at all times.

28. My pet monster will be kept in a secure cage from which it cannot escape and into which I could not accidentally stumble.

29. I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion.

30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

31. All naive, busty tavern wenches in my realm will be replaced with surly, world-weary waitresses who will provide no unexpected reinforcement and/or romantic subplot for the hero or his sidekick.

32. I will not fly into a rage and kill a messenger who brings me bad news just to illustrate how evil I really am. Good messengers are hard to come by.

33. I will never employ the use of a major weapon that takes time to charge up before firing and utterly destroying the rebel base. Instead I will use weapons that can do the same thing with a single push of a button.

34. I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.

35. I will not grow a goatee. In the old days they made you look diabolic. Now they just make you look like a disaffected member of Generation X.

36. I will not imprison members of the same party in the same cell block, let alone the same cell. If they are important prisoners, I will keep the only key to the cell door on my person instead of handing out copies to every bottom-rung guard in the prison.

37. If my trusted lieutenant tells me my Legions of Terror are losing a battle, I will believe him. After all, he's my trusted lieutenant.

38. If an enemy I have just killed has a younger sibling or offspring anywhere, I will find them and have them killed immediately, instead of waiting for them to grow up harboring feelings of vengeance towards me in my old age.

39. If I absolutely must ride into battle, I will certainly not ride at the forefront of my Legions of Terror, nor will I seek out my opposite number among his army.

40. I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable super-weapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

41. Once my power is secure, I will destroy all those pesky time-travel devices.

42. When I capture the hero, I will make sure I also get his dog, monkey, ferret, or whatever sickeningly cute little animal capable of untying ropes and filching keys happens to follow him around.

43. I will maintain a healthy amount of skepticism when I capture the hot rebel and she claims she is attracted to my power and good looks and will gladly betray her companions if I just let him in on my plans.

44. I will only employ bounty hunters who work for money. Those who work for the pleasure of the hunt tend to do dumb things like even the odds to give the other guy a sporting chance.

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.

46. If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and shoot the advisor.

47. If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me, I will slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting for him to mature.

48. I will treat any beast which I control through magic or technology with respect and kindness. Thus if the control is ever broken, it will not immediately come after me for revenge.

49. If I learn the whereabouts of the one artifact which can destroy me, I will not send all my troops out to seize it. Instead I will send them out to seize something else and quietly put a Want-Ad in the local paper.

50. My main computers will have their own special operating system that will be completely incompatible with standard IBM and Macintosh powerbooks.

51. If one of my dungeon guards begins expressing concern over the conditions in the hot friend of the hero's cell, I will immediately transfer him to a less people-oriented position.

52. I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors to examine my castle and inform me of any secret passages and abandoned tunnels that I might not know about.

53. If the hot friends of the hero that I capture says "I'll never marry you! Never, do you hear me, NEVER!!!", I will say "Oh well" and kill her.

54. I will not strike a bargain with a demonic being then attempt to double-cross it simply because I feel like being contrary.

55. The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their place in my Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on important covert missions that require tact and subtlety, I will first see if there is anyone else equally qualified who would attract less attention.

56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

57. Before employing any captured artifacts or machinery, I will carefully read the owner's manual.

58. If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose dramatically and toss off a one-liner.

59. I will never build a sentient computer smarter than I am.

60. My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any code I am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30 seconds, it will not be used. Note: this also applies to passwords.

61. If my advisors ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad scheme?", I will not proceed until I have a response that satisfies them.

62. I will design fortress hallways with no alcoves or protruding structural supports which intruders could use for cover in a firefight.

63. Bulk trash will be disposed of in incinerators, not compactors. And they will be kept hot, with none of that nonsense about flames going through accessible tunnels at predictable intervals.

64. I will see a competent psychiatrist and get cured of all extremely unusual phobias and bizarre compulsive habits which could prove to be a disadvantage.

65. If I must have computer systems with publically available terminals, the maps they display of my complex will have a room clearly marked as the Main Control Room. That room will be the Execution Chamber. The actual main control room will be marked as Sewage Overflow Containment.

66. My security keypad will actually be a fingerprint scanner. Anyone who watches someone press a sequence of buttons or dusts the pad for fingerprints then subsequently tries to enter by repeating that sequence will trigger the alarm system.

67. No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a full-scale emergency.

68. I will spare someone who saved my life sometime in the past. This is only reasonable as it encourages others to do so. However, the offer is good one time only. If they want me to spare them again, they'd better save my life again.

69. All midwives will be banned from the realm. All babies will be delivered at state-approved hospitals. Orphans will be placed in foster-homes, not abandoned in the woods to be raised by creatures of the wild.

70. When my guards split up to search for intruders, they will always travel in groups of at least two. They will be trained so that if one of them disappears mysteriously while on patrol, the other will immediately initiate an alert and call for backup, instead of quizzically peering around a corner.

71. If I decide to test a lieutenant's loyalty and see if he/she should be made a trusted lieutenant, I will have a crack squad of marksmen standing by in case the answer is no.

72. If all the heroes are standing together around a strange device and begin to taunt me, I will pull out a conventional weapon instead of using my unstoppable super-weapon on them.

73. I will not agree to let the heroes go free if they win a rigged contest, even though my advisors assure me it is impossible for them to win.

74. When I create a multimedia presentation of my plan designed so that my five-year-old advisor can easily understand the details, I will not label the disk "Project Overlord" and leave it lying on top of my desk.

75. I will instruct my Legions of Terror to attack the hero en masse, instead of standing around waiting while members break off and attack one or two at a time.

76. If the hero runs up to my roof, I will not run up after him and struggle with him in an attempt to push him over the edge. I will also not engage him at the edge of a cliff. (In the middle of a rope-bridge over a river of molten lava is not even worth considering.)

77. If I have a fit of temporary insanity and decide to give the hero the chance to reject a job as my trusted lieutenant, I will retain enough sanity to wait until my current trusted lieutenant is out of earshot before making the offer.

78. I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken alive!" The command will be "And try to take him alive if it is reasonably practical."

79. If my doomsday device happens to come with a reverse switch, as soon as it has been employed it will be melted down and made into limited-edition commemorative coins.

80. If my weakest troops fail to eliminate a hero, I will send out my best troops instead of wasting time with progressively stronger ones as he gets closer and closer to my fortress.

81. If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform, have disarmed him, and am about to finish him off and he glances behind me and drops flat, I too will drop flat instead of quizzically turning around to find out what he saw.

82. I will not shoot at any of my enemies if they are standing in front of the crucial support beam to a heavy, dangerous, unbalanced structure.

83. If I�m eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then have to leave the table for any reason, I will order new drinks for both of us instead of trying to decide whether or not to switch with him.

84. I will not have captives of one sex guarded by members of the opposite sex.

85. I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."

86. I will make sure that my doomsday device is up to code and properly grounded.

87. My vats of hazardous chemicals will be covered when not in use. Also, I will not construct walkways above them.

88. If a group of henchmen fail miserably at a task, I will not berate them for incompetence then send the same group out to try the task again.

89. After I captures the hero's super-weapon, I will not immediately disband my legions and relax my guard because I believe whoever holds the weapon is unstoppable. After all, the hero held the weapon and I took it from him.

90. I will not design my Main Control Room so that every workstation is facing away from the door.

91. I will not ignore the messenger that stumbles in exhausted and obviously agitated until my personal grooming or current entertainment is finished. It might actually be important.

92. If I ever talk to the hero on the phone, I will not taunt him. Instead I will say that his dogged perseverance has given me new insight on the futility of my evil ways and that if he leaves me alone for a few months of quiet contemplation I will likely return to the path of righteousness. (Heroes are incredibly gullible in this regard.)

93. If I decide to hold a double execution of the hero and an underling who failed or betrayed me, I will see to it that the hero is scheduled to go first.

94. When arresting prisoners, my guards will not allow them to stop and grab a useless trinket of purely sentimental value.

95. My dungeon will have its own qualified medical staff complete with bodyguards. That way if a prisoner becomes sick and his cell-mate tells the guard it�s an emergency, the guard will fetch a trauma team instead of opening up the cell for a look.

96. My door mechanisms will be designed so that blasting the control panel on the outside seals the door and blasting the control panel on the inside opens the door, not vice versa.

97. My dungeon cells will not be furnished with objects that contain reflective surfaces or anything that can be unravelled.

98. If an attractive young couple enters my realm, I will carefully monitor their activities. If I find they are happy and affectionate, I will ignore them. However if circumstance have forced them together against their will and they spend all their time bickering and criticizing each other except during the intermittent occasions when they are saving each others' lives at which point there are hints of sexual tension, I will immediately order their execution.

99. Any data file of crucial importance will be padded to 1.45Mb in size.

100. Finally, to keep my subjects permanently locked in a mindless trance, I will provide each of them with free unlimited Internet access.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Good morning everyboomie. wave

Well that should keep you busy through several cups. thumbsup

Back to work for me at the crack of dawn. razz

Actually it's way before the dawn gets cracked. tired

It's more like the shattering of dark thirty. slapforehead

I hope you all have a super duper day. thumbsup

Asta Lavista Baby. cool

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872579
03/07/13 09:34 PM
03/07/13 09:34 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Joe, I hope that your work day goes by fast and that your mom is feeling better. hearts

I am crazy busy in the corner so please excuse my silence. as always, I am here if you need me. kissy

Have a happy day everyone!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872584
03/07/13 09:53 PM
03/07/13 09:53 PM
Kirkwood, MO USA
flutist Offline
Adept Boomer
flutist  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kirkwood, MO USA
Hi there everyone, uh, Joe and Ana.

Egads, I can't believe I'm here this early.

Have a great day, when it gets here. I am closing off for now.

Bye bye.

Bets

Corgis fill your life with Joy, your heart with Love, and your soul with Sunshine.
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872606
03/08/13 02:08 AM
03/08/13 02:08 AM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
Joe, that was hysterical! One of the best yet.
grin

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872611
03/08/13 02:47 AM
03/08/13 02:47 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Good morning Joe,Ana,Bets,Gil and all who come in later wave
Joe,I hope your mom is feeling better smile
Have all a nice day happydance

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: TGIF [Re: Haroula] #872614
03/08/13 04:00 AM
03/08/13 04:00 AM
Somewhere ? in Massachusetts?
cailyn Offline
BAAG Specialist
cailyn  Offline
BAAG Specialist

Somewhere ? in Massachusetts?
Good morning Joe,Ana,Gil,Bets,Haroula waveJoe sending prayer to your Mom heartsIt's still snowing here eekCoffee is ready and there's some tea for Ana in the corner,Hi Gerry and Gail when you arrive waveI hope you two didn't lose power,happy day wished for all winter

I may not have gone where I intended to go,but I think I have ended up where I need to be.

Sue
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872619
03/08/13 06:23 AM
03/08/13 06:23 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
winter Good Morning Joe, Ana, Gil, Haroula,Bets,and Cailyn. We've got about a foot of snow and it's still snowing here Cailyn. Joe hope your mom feels better soon. Ana don't work to hard. Gil it was funny! Haroula have a nice day too. Bets sleep tight! Wishing you all a great day! winter

Gerry
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872630
03/08/13 07:12 AM
03/08/13 07:12 AM
Arcadia (twin world of Stark)
venus Offline
BAAG Specialist
venus  Offline
BAAG Specialist

Arcadia (twin world of Stark)
Hello and goodbye. wave Have a great Friday, everyone. winter

Interrogator: [True or false?] All mangoes are golden. Nothing golden is cheap. Conclusion - all mangoes are cheap.

Helena: Where are these mangoes?
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872632
03/08/13 07:33 AM
03/08/13 07:33 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers

Joe, you sure can make us laugh in the morning.

Ana, hope your corner stay will run smoothly.

Bets, nice to see you so early.

Gil, good morning.

Haroula, good day wished for you.

Cailyn, got enough snow?

Gerry, think Spring.

Venus, wishing you an easy day.

Ahh, we're snowed in. A foot and still coming down. No getting out this morning. No school. We're trapped in a world of white. winter winter

Gail
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872638
03/08/13 09:04 AM
03/08/13 09:04 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. Joe, I hope your mom feels better today. Nan, I hope your infection is getting better, and your mouth is not as sore. Not sure what we will do after our walk. To all here and all who follow, have a Wonderful TGIF. Danish, Muffins, Omelets, Home Fries, Toast, and Hot Chcolate in the NC. penguin

Connie
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872641
03/08/13 09:44 AM
03/08/13 09:44 AM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good morning everyone laugh

My computer has really been misbehaving these past days but maybe I got lucky with some overnight maintenance last night think

We'll see when I get home tonight...have a great day everyone!

TGIF!!

Whoosh...

wave

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872665
03/08/13 11:52 AM
03/08/13 11:52 AM
Kirkwood, MO USA
flutist Offline
Adept Boomer
flutist  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kirkwood, MO USA
BB pancakes in the corner for Midgie.

Off to Sam's.

wave

Bets

Corgis fill your life with Joy, your heart with Love, and your soul with Sunshine.
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872694
03/08/13 03:18 PM
03/08/13 03:18 PM
San Diego, CA
Sorta Blonde Offline
BAAG Specialist
Sorta Blonde  Offline
BAAG Specialist

San Diego, CA
Well it actually rained a bit here last night. Just enough to make a soggy mess of all the cat food outside. No problem, since the raccoon was back last night and managed to practically clear all the dishes so the Outdoorsies were actually hungry and eager to eat this morning. Wasn't too bad except dumping all the gooey water from plates into a plastic bag and then getting papertowels to clean up the table and make it 'safe' for eating and watching the Outdoorsies running in circles waiting for me to finally finish and put out food. Happy kitties now.

So the Mom and daughter ferals have effectively rousted my oooold kitty, Spot, from her tent. Two tents, and now each one has a feral in it so poor Spot has to sleep under the table (I put a nice warm kitty bed under there and she's in it every night at 'bed check'. So now my neighbor/friend says, "you can solve the problem by buying ANOTHER tent. Huh? Three tents, no waiting? I'm actually considering it. Somebody stop me, PLEASE!

Off to buy detergent on sale. Half the price but limit of 2 only so I must goooooo before they are all gone. Neat!

WARNING! This person is extremely blonde...please type SLOWLY.
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872696
03/08/13 03:35 PM
03/08/13 03:35 PM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Joe I hope the next few days fly by so you can have some more time off! Prayers that all is well with your mom! HUGS! Thanks for the wonderful laughs!!

Ana hope the corner project is moving right along for you! Any sign of light yet?? lol Hope you have some time for a walk with the dogs.

Gerry and Cailyn and Midge and Gail be safe in the storm! We have one coming in tonight and into tomorrow with lots of snow and freezing rain! Hope yours goes away fast cause this one might just be headed your way also. Don't mind the snow but the other makes it hard walking.

Gil have a lovely day!

Haroula have a lovely day!

venus happy gaming, oops...I mean working. lol Silly me.

Connie thanks! Have fun what ever you find to do after the walk. How was the dinner out?? Thanks for the danish!

Sorta.....NO tent! lol Sounds like a good idea though. duh

Bets Happy Shopping!!! grin

Soot hope you were able to fix those computer whoos!

No plans till taxi time. Then work the fish fry!

wave
Nan

Re: TGIF [Re: auntiegram] #872697
03/08/13 03:45 PM
03/08/13 03:45 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Hello everybody. yay

I was scheduled to 2:00 today, but at 12:30 I was over my 40 hours for the week so I left early. dance

I went to the hospital, and Mom is like 100% better. bravo bravo

When I told her that, she said I probably need new glasses. lol

She was up walking around and looking a lot stronger.

She said that she would be able to come back home Sunday. woot

My thanks to everyone here for your prayers and support. flowers

I'm gonna take my Baby out for a walk now. She didn't get to go out yesterday. puppy

I'll be back. wink

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 03/08/13 03:45 PM.

William Butler Yeats
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872701
03/08/13 04:28 PM
03/08/13 04:28 PM
Switzerland
Gimli Offline
Addicted Boomer
Gimli  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Switzerland
Good morning, afternoon and evening my friends!

Thank you so much for your welcome for me last week. Live got in the way again and I couldn't come here earlier. Still the same situation with my Dad.

Joe, I'am so sorry I wasn't here to help praying for your Mum. I'am glad she is feeling better and I'll pray she may/can come home Sunday! HUGS!

I missed a lot of posts and I don't know what's going on here. I really try to come more often now. I hope everyboomie is ok and I'am sending this kissy to all of you.

Love!

Evelyne

"You ask me what life is. That's like asking me what a carrot is. A carrot is a carrot is a carrot" (A. Chekhov)
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872706
03/08/13 04:49 PM
03/08/13 04:49 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
The weekend is here Boomers. happydance

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872707
03/08/13 04:52 PM
03/08/13 04:52 PM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Hey Bets wave Thanks for the BB Pancakes. I never made it to work today. It's still snowing. It's been snowing for two days straight. I did some serious shoveling today, trying to dig my car out. It took me about an hour and a half. I'm looking out my window and it's still coming down. I have to go back out and shovel all over again. Sheesh! I'm cold just thinking about it. I hope you all are safe and warm. We haven't lost our power yet. I'm hoping that we don't lose it during the night. Well, I'm off to shovel some more.

Midgie hearts

Just do it.
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872717
03/08/13 05:03 PM
03/08/13 05:03 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Fantastic Friday ya'll puppy

Son is on the way home with the boys and I'm on my way upstairs to fold lots and lots of clothes. It's possible I have another outbreak of MRSA so I don't want to expose the kids. Hopefully not, but I don't want to take any chances with the boys. If it gets worse over the weekend, I'll get myself to the doc on Monday (or when I can get an appointment.) I have to laugh cos these things always happen on Friday <sheesh>

Good thing for me that I have lots of ways to amuse myself upstairs, and also, pretty sure son will have the boys out for most of this weekend which is supposed to be awesome! wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872723
03/08/13 05:27 PM
03/08/13 05:27 PM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Evelyne good to see you and you and family are in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!

Joe glad mom is looking better and may come home on Sunday!! HUGS! Have a nice time out with Baby!!

Midge be careful shoveling. Hope it stops soon.

Space have a lovely weekend!!

Well it is time to be off with the taxi!! Have a wonderful rest of the day!!

wave
Nan

Re: TGIF [Re: auntiegram] #872739
03/08/13 08:07 PM
03/08/13 08:07 PM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave

Hey, sweet 'Boomies!

Haven't been here all day, have missed some posts....

Joe, somewhere I missed that your Mum was ailing! So happy to hear that she is on the mend and will be home on Sunday! hearts

Hey, L4L! Hope it's not MRSA, and that you heal quickly! Hope the weekend is easy peasy for you!

Hectic week. 'Nuf said...

Alrighty, off to see what's afoot!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872742
03/08/13 08:13 PM
03/08/13 08:13 PM
Oregon
Lotus777 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Lotus777  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
Just a fast flyby and hello to all of you even if I don't have time to name everyone individually. I think I have been a bit of an ostrich recently with my head tucked safely in the sand. Sometimes just need a time out. Hubby is eating better and more often and also drinking some water which is a miracle. Hopefully he will keep this up. Cold here in the NW and awaiting spring!! Happy Gaming everyone!! wave

Lotus
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.
Re: TGIF [Re: Lotus777] #872762
03/08/13 10:27 PM
03/08/13 10:27 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Hello everybody. wave

Well Mom was a little fuzzy in her understanding, go figure. Sis informed me that she won't be coming home until Monday. Her Dr is out of town all weekend. yes

In the mean time, my other sister, and one brother are on their way here as I speak, and another brother will be here tomorrow. bravo

Family reunion time, except for one brother. woot

Evie & Darlene. No problem at all. You can't be everywhere at once. I miss plenty around here. kissy

Evie continued prayers for your father, and for you warm hugs. hearts

Glad you liked the day's diner Gil. thumbsup

Thanks again everyone. praise

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 03/08/13 10:28 PM.

William Butler Yeats
Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872764
03/08/13 11:08 PM
03/08/13 11:08 PM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Taxi home and parked for the night. Fish fry was busy, busy!! Fish and baked potatoes in the corner along with a nice salad! Enjoy!

Joe have a nice family reunion! Hope you will have some of the time off.

Darlene glad the work week is over and hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!!

Lotus glad hubby is doing better and drinking and eating.

wave
Nan

Re: TGIF [Re: gymcandy1] #872765
03/08/13 11:13 PM
03/08/13 11:13 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Joe, I am happy to hear that your mom is doing well. hearts

I am having a Murphy's law day and it's been very trying. Thank goodness it's just been me and the dogs and I just give them a hug and it retains my sanity. What would we do without our puppies. puppy
We did run away to the woods for awhile before dusk and saw a fox. He was beautiful.

I am reluctantly returning to the corner. lol

Don't feed the Trolls
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 206 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users