GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#873337 - 03/12/13 11:08 AM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Susie07

The picture for the cast is from the original Syberia game. No word on Oscar or any other character besides Kate and the artwork on the Youki that I know of for Syberia III. Personally I would prefer Kate on a whole new adventure and leave the Syberia story, which was wrapped up quite nicely, alone. Maybe the new game will start her out at the end of Syberia but move on to an entirely different story. In which case the "Syberia" should be dropped from the title and maybe replaced with "The Adventures of Kate Walker" or "Yuuuuck, I Smell Like a Mammoth"

#873341 - 03/12/13 11:47 AM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New York
Loved this thank you .... Greyfuss

#873418 - 03/12/13 02:53 PM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, GreyFuss!

Aw, I thought it was a cast picture from Syberia III and Oscar was back <pouting>! I enjoyed the Syberia story so much that I would love to see it continue. I'm sure the developers won't have any trouble coming up with another adventure for Kate, Youki and, hopefully, Oscar, so I can't wait to see what's in store for them next.

Susan

#875338 - 03/22/13 02:01 AM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer

Nice find, Greyfuss.

Can someone explain to me if Microids is still independently developing games or is it just now a label under Anuman?

#875357 - 03/22/13 05:56 AM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Thanks GreyFuss! I have such fond memories of playing Syberia!

#875378 - 03/22/13 09:12 AM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

DaveHT,

Maybe someone else can give a better explanation.

Wiki states:
Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
On 23 November 2009 Anuman Interactive announced that they were acquiring the mark of and all the associated licences of Microïds.[10] The Microïds deal between Anuman and MC2 was completed on 1 January 2010.[11][12]

On 8 April 2010 Microïds announced their strategy for 2010; this includes the PC development of Dracula 4 and Syberia 3 and the adaptation of many of Microïds game licences into episodic games for Apple's iPad and iPhone. In 2011 a new logo was unveiled for the company in addition to the new secondary brand of "Microïds Games For All" that is centred around the company's non-adventure games.[13][14]

On 26 November 2012 it was announced that Elliot Grassiano, the original founder of Microïds, will oversee new game development as Vice President of the Microïds unit.

#875566 - 03/23/13 05:22 AM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Sounds good MaG!

#888181 - 05/17/13 06:47 AM Re: The Entire Cast of Syberia! [Re: GreyFuss]
BTaylor322 Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: New Hampshire
RE: Syberia III

I've loved BOTH Syberia games, and I love to play them because they have such wonderful graphics, not to mention plots. What little I CAN contribute to Syberia III, is that there were a couple of references (veiled) to Kate's coming back through "Romansberg" (sp?), in her conversations with the little gypsy kid. Nothing after that, though. I can't think of how they'd continue Kate's adventures, and Oscar seems to have been done for to support Hans. ONLY artwork I've seen here, is evocative of "Amerzone", which I also have. Sokal seems to love inventing weird critters, but the Yuki was the cutest, and most developed. I'd love to hear more, but my feeling about Microids is that they have also "gone south", like so many adventure game developers.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Jenny100, colpet, Pandora, cyanne, Sherlock, Melia, InlandAZ, Marian, rmelone, bermag45), 95 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users