GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#875111 - 03/20/13 06:42 PM Valve Launches Steam Early Access
Donald Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Florida

#875112 - 03/20/13 06:46 PM Re: Valve Launches Steam Early Access [Re: Donald]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Interesting, but I think it's a horrible idea.

Ana wave

#876033 - 03/25/13 06:50 PM Re: Valve Launches Steam Early Access [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
I can see pros and cons, I guess. Just curious, Ana, why do you think it's not a good idea?

#876036 - 03/25/13 07:00 PM Re: Valve Launches Steam Early Access [Re: Donald]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I have seen and heard what happens when people play a beta version and how the comments can tarnish a perfectly good game when it's released even though all the issues have been worked out. There are many people that cannot separate themselves from the fact that something is not finished and is a work in progress. There are also too many people that take offense if you do not make changes that they asked for before release. I just think that it opens itself to a whole new set of issues.

Ana wave

#876056 - 03/25/13 09:17 PM Re: Valve Launches Steam Early Access [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
I think you make a good point. Even with "finished" games--if a developer rushes a game's release and there are still bugs, players will lambast it with their reviews. Even after updates fix these problems, the taint of the initial negativity still seems to cling to the game.

Game developers must really be searching for ways to finance their work. Pledges, pre-orders, extra content, etc. It's the plight of many creative endeavors, I guess.

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (kjos, Kayc, Kaki's Sister, PolloDiablo), 65 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users