GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Tales of Chivalry #87518
07/11/01 01:15 AM
07/11/01 01:15 AM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
It's a twice told tale. Get to play two versions of the same tale. Uses mouse and a keyboard (mostly arrow keys and spacebar and if get tired of walking and cantering the shift key). Not much problem with using them. More problems with opening some of the most warped doors ever seen and having to be face on with a person to speak with him. Odd glitch every now and then when would have to leave a scene and then come back to it.

Really great getting two different view points of a tale and seeing how it can differ from how it is told. Most of the puzzles were easy to solve. More of a challenge to find all the triggering events to fill up the story book. Enjoyed playing both. The celtic knight was more whimsical and driven by the 'fates' while the white knight had more morals. Prefer Bradwen dressed as a celtic knight even with the plaid pants but thing the story held together better in the white knight. So which one did you like better?

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: Tales of Chivalry #87519
07/11/01 11:40 PM
07/11/01 11:40 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi Acornia,

I am very glad to see you started a thread with your thoughts on Arthur's Knights: Tales of Chivalry. I finished the version with Bradwin as a celtic knight, but am near the beginning of the last quest in the version with Bradwin as a christian knight.

I liked his character slightly better as the celtic knight. I did like the druidic emphasis and all of the fairies, ogres and such. But the christian version has them as well. However, how Bradwin interacts and relates to these mystical beings is quite different as the christian devotee.

I think the Christian knight version is also truer to the traditional tale of King Arthur. Lancelot is Bradwin's mentor in this one - whereas in the celtic version Sir Gawain was his patron. I did like his relationship with his wife better in the celtic version.

I'd have to say that so far the Celtic version wins by a hair. Both of these games are so varied from one another that it is indeed as you said " a twice told tale" What a great bargain and great game!! I can't wait to get Arthur 2 when it is released next week in Britain.

Laura aka Sir Gatorwain.

Re: Tales of Chivalry #87520
07/26/01 07:22 PM
07/26/01 07:22 PM
Hudson Valley, NY
DoreenS Offline
Graduate Boomer
DoreenS  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Hudson Valley, NY
Just finished this game and have to say it was interesting and good to look at.
I thought the Celtic tale was more entertaining because of all the fairies. However, I liked them both very much. I really liked travelling on the horses, and galloping. The graphics were excellent.
My chief complaint, other than the "doors" was the endless going back and forth, back and forth. This added hours to the game. I have done that in other games but this seemed a bit much.
In all I would recommend the game to anyone who has the time and the patience.

Doreen
Re: Tales of Chivalry #87521
08/14/01 09:40 PM
08/14/01 09:40 PM
Northern New Jersey, USA
kat165 Offline
Addicted Boomer
kat165  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Northern New Jersey, USA
I am playing the Celtic Knight first and figured the doors aren't opening because Bradwen is inept! And those pants! Also, isn't he cold with in that sleeveless Tshirt, afterall it does seem to be winter.

Just got into the Forest of Arden tonight and it's absolutely breathtaking. I have been plodding along in this game (my god, the to-ing and fro-ing is unbelievable) and not really enjoying myself til hitting that forest. If I knew how to do screen captures all my winter holiday cards would be scenes from that forest. Haven't seen any fairies yet though.

Re: Tales of Chivalry #87522
08/18/01 07:57 AM
08/18/01 07:57 AM
Naples, FL, USA
o1alien Offline
Settled Boomer
o1alien  Offline
Settled Boomer

Naples, FL, USA
I am playing Bradwin as a Celtic. I absolutely love this game. I just released Galwain from the tree. I havent had any glitches yet and really dont mind the keyboard in this game (had to put Odyssey back in the box cuz of keyboard). Has Arthurs Knight 2 come out? I am looking forward to playing the second part of this present game as a christian knight. Are there 2 w/t's for this game. I only have the one as a celtic player. Erin Go Bragh, ET

Somethings have to be believed to be seen. Ralph Hodgson
Re: Tales of Chivalry #87523
08/19/01 03:43 PM
08/19/01 03:43 PM
A
Anodyne Offline
Settled Boomer
Anodyne  Offline
Settled Boomer
A

I just finished playing this game a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it. I preferred the Celtic version of the game, which I played first. I loved the fairies, Ogre and all of the whimsical touches. It was also a longer game than the Paladin version.

However, you're right, Acornia. The Paladin story held together better. I actually didn't get some of the introductory dialogue in the Celtic game, and I was a little confused about the plot when I started. I think that it makes more sense to play the Paladin version first, but it's not essential.

Much like everyone else, I just had a few minor complaints about the controls. You had to be so exact in your positioning of Bradwen that doors could become quite a problem. I'm sure that there were a lot of us who spent countless minutes trying to open doors which just wouldn't budge.

Overall, the dialogue was very good. But there were glitches trying to get the inventory and talk icons to appear and become active. In my mind, you shouldn't have to start a NEW conversation with a character (space bar) in order to talk about a subject that logically flowed from the LAST conversation. I was getting a tiny bit frustrated hearing the same introductory phrase from a character, over and over again, just hoping that another icon would appear. Hopefully, they will work on that problem in King Arthur 2.

And was Lancelot French? LOL! I'll definitely have to bone up on my knowledge of King Arthur's round table.

My only other complaint is about the endless riding. I loved it the first few times that I traversed Arden and the fairies' kingdom. The graphics and scenery are truly spectacular. But after that, I could definitely have used some map shortcuts in the game. As many have said, there is just a wee bit too much riding back and forth . . . and back and forth . . . and back and forth . . . . when you know where you need to be and have already seen the beautiful scenery.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. The puzzles were challenging but not too difficult, and it was reminiscent of the old Sierra King's Quest series. Good versus evil, but without a lot of violence. I would highly recommend the game to anyone who likes traditional adventure games . . . and who, as Doreen said, has a little bit of patience.

Leslie

Re: Tales of Chivalry #87524
08/20/01 10:25 AM
08/20/01 10:25 AM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
HI All....This is one game that that professional reviewers have not done justice too, in my estimation. I am currently into Chapter 3 of the Celtic side of the game; having completed the Paladin side. A little practice will make the door opening a "slam dunk."

There are a few easy to overlook glitches in the game, but nothing the patch and/or a save game won't cure. The keyboard operation is simple enough for a five year old.

The scenery is outstanding. The well-placed animals and animated forest creatures are another treat. The music and ambient sounds emphasize and accent the story line. The story has great continuity, and you will find yourself caring about Bradwen and the people and creatures in his life.

Additionally, this is one heck of a lot of game for the price. I would like to see Arthur 3 show up on the horizon!

Love,Witchen =O)
P.S. Lancelot was supposedly an Englishman. A cousin to Arthur. But, he certainly has a French accent in this game!

[This message has been edited by Witchen (edited 08-20-2001).]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 256 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users