GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#875256 - 03/21/13 05:25 PM Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp?
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Marietta, GA
I remember when I first started playing computer games, there was this wonderful game, where part of, or all of it, was based in Tibet. The graphics, sound, everything were fantastic. I'm estimating around 1999 or 2000. Does anyone remember this game? If it were playable on Windows7, I'd love it.

Thanks for any help.

#875260 - 03/21/13 05:55 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Road to India?

Ana wave

#875263 - 03/21/13 06:01 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

No. The game showed a lot of snow, gongs, I believe, even a spring scene with flowers and birds. I really wish I could remember the theme. It was a wonderful game. Thanks, though.

#875264 - 03/21/13 06:03 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

First or third person?

#875270 - 03/21/13 06:17 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
lexxy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Southern Exposure
How about Lotus Spring
Currently playing Companions Of Xanth

#875271 - 03/21/13 06:19 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
gremlin Offline

Addicted Boomer

Loc: Isle of Man
Sounds like Journeyman Project 3 to me. I'm pretty sure it's available on gog.com, and will work on Windows 7 too.

#875274 - 03/21/13 06:27 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

GreyFuss: I believe it was first person. Gremlin: At first, I thought you had it, but looked at screen shots and *sigh* no. I believe it involved a monastery, you had to solve a gong puzzle, fight blizzards. Wish I could remember more about it.

#875276 - 03/21/13 06:36 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Bristol Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Lost Horizon? It was set in World War 2 and involved German soldiers and a Tibetan monastery.

#875277 - 03/21/13 06:36 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

Loc: Québec
Atlantis 2 could fit your description and the year.

Chief wave

Edited by Chief (03/21/13 06:39 PM)

#875280 - 03/21/13 06:45 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

Once again, I thought Bristol had it, but "sob" no. Chief, also not Atlantis 2. I wish I could give a prize to someone who gets this. (maybe I can!).

#875282 - 03/21/13 06:49 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Bristol Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I have vague memories of a young monk being taught by a very old man in a ship on land. He had to touch certain spots on a mandala? and be transported to different places or times? Any bells anyone? I remember it started with the young monk making his way through a terrific snowstorm to the monastery.

Edited by Bristol (03/21/13 06:51 PM)

#875283 - 03/21/13 06:51 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Sounds a little like Atlantis II, which had a Tibet area at the beginning of the game (and possibly at the end).
http://www.mobygames.com/game/beyond-atlantis/screenshots

Schizm: Mysterious Journey had a monastery and ***prayer wheels***, but it wasn't Tibet.

Reah had a gong puzzle, but not much snow
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/reah-face-the-unknown/screenshots

Sentinel had a lot of snow in the Sanselard area, but it wasn't Tibet.

Aura had a gong puzzle -- and snowy areas, again not Tibet
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/aura-fate-of-the-ages/screenshots

Originally Posted By: Bristol
I have vague memories of a young monk being taught by a very old man in a ship on land. He had to touch certain spots on a mandala? and be transported to different places or times? Any bells anyone? I remember it started with the young monk making his way through a terrific snowstorm to the monastery.

Yes that sounds a lot like Atlantis II (Beyond Atlantis).

#875284 - 03/21/13 06:54 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Laurette Offline
Addicted Boomer

Once again, I thought Bristol had it, but "sob" no. Chief, also not Atlantis 2. I wish I could give a prize to someone who gets this. (maybe I can!). Jenny100. Not any of those. I really appreciate everyone's help.

Just remembered a scene, I think, where a man is stranded in the snow, and you have you help save him? I can see these things in my head, but just can't get it. (good grief!)

#875294 - 03/21/13 07:21 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
SuMac Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: New Hampshire
It sure sounds like Beyond Atlantis (Atlantis II). It opens with the young monk trudging through the snow to a ship where the old monk is waiting. There is a mandala on the wall which takes the young monk to different worlds : China, Ireland, and the Mayan world. The game ends in Shambala, which is very spring-like and pretty. This was one of my favorite games.

#875298 - 03/21/13 07:38 PM Re: Old Computer Game situated mostly in the Himalyas sp? [Re: Laurette]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Laurette
I'm estimating around 1999 or 2000.

Was that when you played it or when the game was published? If it's when the game was published, you might check the Pagoda database by year to see what was published in 1999 or 2000. If it was when you played the game, you might check earlier years too.
http://www.pagodagamedatabase.com/years.php

Can you remember anything else about the game? Were there live actors in the game or were the characters computer-rendered? If it was 1st person, was there panning? Was it a fantasy type game or a more "realistic" game? Was it edutainment? (maybe something like Vikings or Physicus) Was it heavy on puzzles? Were there a lot of conversations and character interaction in it or was it mostly a solitary game?

A couple of other games I liked from around 1999 are Timelapse and Morpheus, but I don't remember if I rescued anyone stuck in the snow in those.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
7 registered (manxman, Agustin Cordes, kjos, DBK, 3dobermans, oldbroad, 1 invisible), 69 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users