GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Gene Machine #87545
07/24/01 03:40 PM
07/24/01 03:40 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
The Gene Machine

3rd Person point and click
W95/98

Let me begin this review stating that detective games are my most favorite types of computer games – from Nancy Drew to Sherlock Holmes to Discworld Noir. So I was prepared to enjoy this game and guess what? I did

You play Piers Fanshaw, a rather uppity British gentlemen who also happens to be a secret agent for Queen Victoria. You and your rather brow beaten manservant Mossop are returning from a spy mission in the US. Upon arriving home you discover a talking (yes, I said talking) cat on your doorstep. This cat, who says his name is 73, tells you a rather wild tale about an island in the South Pacific called Dinsey Island on which a rather mad scientist named Dr. Dinsey has developed a Gene Machine. The sole purpose of this machine is to create an army of genetically engineered creatures with which to take over the world.. He, 73, is the result of such engineering – he is a cross between a feline and a man and was Dinsey’s 73rd such experiment. You are asked by 73 to find Dinsey Island and destroy the Gene Machine. So begins your adventure.

There are various locations that you need to visit and all are triggered by a conversation or an inventory item being picked up and examined.. There is also a map feature that shows you the areas you can travel to – just click on a location and you are transported there.

It’s not a long (I think it took me about four days total to complete it) nor is it a hard game – in fact as long as you make sure you examine your inventory closely and talk to everyone you won’t get stuck.

If you’re in the mood for a fun and humorous game, I highly recommend this.

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: The Gene Machine #87546
07/25/01 02:09 AM
07/25/01 02:09 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Well Sydders, nice game to review. I am just short of finishing, but what a fun and refreshing game.

Laura

Re: The Gene Machine #87547
07/25/01 09:04 PM
07/25/01 09:04 PM
Arlington, WA, US
Cynch Offline
Addicted Boomer
Cynch  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Arlington, WA, US
Hi Syd..
The game just arrived and after installing it, I took a break to pop over and read your review. Sounds like I'm going to have a lot of fun for the next couple of evenings.

I was pleased and surprised that this game installed and loaded so easily under WIN ME. I was afraid it was going to be another bad experience like I had with JACK ORLANDO...I had to send that one back.

Thanks for the great review...I really enjoyed reading it.
Cynch
Sunday, July 29th...Just finished the game and I agree with you Syd--it's a fun game. Not much of a challenge, but the humor is great and I loved Piers little sidekick, Mossop. I was more than a little upset when that chief was going to cook him and make dog food out of him.
Cynch

[This message has been edited by Cynch (edited 07-30-2001).]

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take but by the moments that take our breath away."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, bermag45), 275 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users