GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dracula, The Last Santuary #87550
07/29/01 10:28 AM
07/29/01 10:28 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
By Dreamcatcher.
System Requirements:
Windows 95/98/ME
Pentium 166 MHz (200 MHz Recommended)
32 MB RAM (64 MB Recommended)
8X CD-ROM Drive (16X Recommended)
3D Accelerator Video Card
16 Bit Sound Card
for Macintosh: PowerPC G3 or iMac/OS 8; 64 MB RAM; 8X CD-ROM Drive (16X Recommeded); 3D Accelerator Video Card
Uses mouse (and ESC button and SPACE BAR on keyboard too)
"London, October 20th, 1904. Mina is resting finally, albeit fitfully. During the long voyage back to England, I had the opportunity to reflect back on our horrific experience:
Dracula's diabolical plan to lure Mina to Transylvania, knowing all too well that I would immediately follow...
His scheme to take total possession of Mina...he would have made her his queen. His psychological tortures creating delays at my reaching the castle, almost allowed him the time to claim Mina forever. All this, when we thought we were finally free of this monster, falsely believing that we had destroyed him 7 years ago. How wrong we were..."Jonathan
There is a walkthrough available on our own GAMEBOOMERS.
I have to say I enjoyed this one much better than the first one 'RESURRECTOION'. I had trouble with Resu with glitchy dialogue and movement which detracted from the game for me. BUT, I 'got into' this sequel and had a great time.
Movement within this eerie, scary world was very easy. I cannot remember any timed sequences that made me pull my hair out. Got through them OK with only a couple of tries. The sewer maze was not too difficult to navigate through. Use of the inventory was easy, not frustrating. There were a couple of times when something made me 'jump out of my skin' so to speak. I liked the great graphics, sound effects etc.
I would recommend playing RESURRECTION first but it would not be totally necessary to understand the storyline.
GREAT GAME!
Love, Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: Dracula, The Last Santuary #87551
07/29/01 05:21 PM
07/29/01 05:21 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Betty Lou,

Thanks for your review of this fine sequal to Dracula Resurrection. I agree that it's not absolutely needed to paly the first game to enjoy the first, but the stories are well linked and it is a nice series.

I also agree that the second was a much better game. It was longer, had a more involved plot and was smoother running. It did have some timed sequences though that weren't present in the first game. However - I didn't feel preassured in any but one and that didn't involve any monsters or such. I did think the few sequences added a better feeling of creepiness (one of the things I enjoyed about both games)

Thanks for getting your thoughts on the Dracula sequal posted here.

Laura

Re: Dracula, The Last Santuary #87552
07/30/01 03:42 PM
07/30/01 03:42 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I liked Dracula Resurrection better. Dracula Sanctuary may have been longer, but in many places I felt it was artificially longer. I spent most of it doing things I'd rather not be doing than instead of enjoying the puzzles or the graphics.

I found the timed sequences were a nuisance. The worst one for me was the one where you have to figure out how to drain that sewer pool and get back to the surface before you drown. It was very confusing trying to figure which way was up - trying to pan around to find the cursor that would take me to the surface of the sludge-water. I got really tired of drowning multiple times in sewage. What a way to go.

I didn't like the timed sequences with those giant bat monsters either. I thought they looked ridiculous in a disgusting sort of way. My first thought on seeing one was "Oh for crapsake! Is that the best they could come up with?"

I also thought the design of the background environments was more inventive in Dracula Resurrection. That's where we first see the area with the inn and Dracula's castle. In Dracula Sanctuary we see Dracula's creepy manor house, the cemetary with the gargoyles, a very depressing "asylum," a dungeon full of skeletons, and various sewers. Mostly we see the sewers. I got really tired of seeing the sewers. Makes you want to take a bath after playing the game.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pandora), 273 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users