GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Alone int the Dark 4? #87700
10/05/01 06:28 AM
10/05/01 06:28 AM
Ohio,USA
Gamer Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Gamer  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Ohio,USA
I sure would love to see a review on this game.

[This message has been edited by Gamer (edited 10-05-2001).]

Helen
Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87701
10/07/01 02:35 PM
10/07/01 02:35 PM
Boardman, Ohio 44512
bredon Offline
Settled Boomer
bredon  Offline
Settled Boomer

Boardman, Ohio 44512
Quick review:

"Resident Evil Rip-Off."

Its _nothing_ like the first three.

R

------------------
"I may dislike what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."-Volatire
"Tact is just saying stuff that's not true. I'll pass."-Cordelia Chase

"I may dislike what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."-Voltaire
Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87702
10/09/01 07:43 AM
10/09/01 07:43 AM
Ohio,USA
Gamer Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Gamer  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Ohio,USA
I am a BIG Resident Evil fan, does that mean I'll like it?

Helen
Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87703
10/11/01 08:22 AM
10/11/01 08:22 AM
Boardman, Ohio 44512
bredon Offline
Settled Boomer
bredon  Offline
Settled Boomer

Boardman, Ohio 44512
You might.

I enjoy reident evil, as well, but I've come to expect mroe from the Alone in the Dark series, so I found this to be a major dissapointment.

Its reasonably close to the first RE,a ctually. Spooky house, wierd goings on, lots of monsters..simple puzzles.

R

------------------
"I may dislike what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."-Volatire

"I may dislike what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."-Voltaire
Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87704
10/25/01 04:20 AM
10/25/01 04:20 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Review: I found this game to be reasonably entertaining and a decent survival/horror game(despite a few flaws)overall.

Storyline: Upon crashing on a remote island (Shadow Island), the adventure begins by picking one of two possible characters, (Edward Carnby or Aline Cedrac), both of whom come to the island on quests of a different nature. Ed Carnby - to find out who murdered his friend. Aline Cedrac - To research ancient Indian transcripts and find out if the "Mad Professor" is her long, lost father. Btw, both characters w/interact w/each other via walkie-talkie throughout the game, which makes it somewhat interesting.

As your character explores the house, garden, fort etc ... you begin to solve puzzles, and uncover the dark deadly secrets of the Morton family.

Basically this is a mixture of "The Island of Dr Moreau meets the Night of the Living Dead."

Pros: Beautiful graphics, rendering and background textures. A decent amount of "scares" .. reminiscent of old horror movies where the hero turns a corner and a monster jumps out from nowhere!

Cons: Gameplay and controls could have been better. Gameplay could be improved in that the game tends to lag "briefly" between scenes (ex: character turns the corner or goes through a door .. we wait a split second .. then we get a view of the next scene). While the Camera angles add to the scare factor ... I particularly found it to be annoying since there were certain scenes in which you are "unable" to view what lurks around the corner ... that is ... until it was "too late". =\ Okay, call me "chicken" ... but I like to see a zombie in front of me and blast it, rather than start a scene on the other side of a door only to be the recipient of a zombie mutilation. One last caveat is that you are limited to the amount of "save game" space(4).

Summary: Overall, the artistic quality of characters, objects, background scenes, music/sound effects, puzzles and scares ... made it worthwhile for me. I suggest using the "Walk through" found on this web site (By Tami) ... I would NEVER have figured out one of the puzzles w/out it.

Side notes: Would have been interesting to have a Multi-player mode in which you can have another person playing their scenario w/u at the same time ... but yeah ... the game is titled Alone in the Dark. Btw, that Aline Cedrac and her tight-knitted, low-cut shirt ... whooo .. and I thought Lara was a sweetie!

Signing off ... yours truly!
JstPlay =)

Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87705
11/02/01 01:33 PM
11/02/01 01:33 PM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
Why on earth would they limit you to just 4
saves? In any action game you need zillions
of save slots. I think that's just punitive.

Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87706
11/27/02 09:34 AM
11/27/02 09:34 AM
Oslo, Norway
Carolin Offline
Settled Boomer
Carolin  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oslo, Norway
Not only do you just have 4 save slots, you must first find charms of saving around before saving. Carnby has one from start, Aline must find one first. It is like the ink ribbon and typewriters in Resident Evil 2 and 3 (maybe in first one too, don't know anything about it)

C

I haven't lost it, I just can't find it....
Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87707
12/20/03 05:23 PM
12/20/03 05:23 PM
Houston TX
Mome Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mome  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Houston TX
I think Dark 4 is so much better looking than 1,2,3. Those characters look like Pacmen characters. I do find that sometimes it is difficult to kill some of the creatures with the bullets you start off with & no time to reload!! I spend a lot of time redoing a scene because of this, But then I am probably slow on the draw so to speak.

Re: Alone int the Dark 4? #87708
06/21/05 03:25 PM
06/21/05 03:25 PM
Chisago City, MN
Alone in the dark Freak Offline
Settled Boomer
Alone in the dark Freak  Offline
Settled Boomer

Chisago City, MN
I think that AITD 3 has to be the most difficult AITD game out there mainly for the difficulty.

But in any case AITD 4 is a little too much action oriented like you said. I have played the first game, second, third, and fourth. And what's with the 2 barrelled revolver, that has got to be the most unrealistic weapon ever.

AITD 1 was realistic because it's not like you'll find a grenade launcher or assault rifle in a mansion, in AITD 1 you just get a shotgun and a revolver, with little ammo to find, just like real life.

"People who don't care what other people think are usually desperate for people to think they don't care what other people think"

-George Carlin
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (LadyKestrel, 1 invisible), 251 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users