GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dracula The Last Sanctuary #87942
03/08/02 02:34 AM
03/08/02 02:34 AM
S.L.C., Utah United States
bpegasus69 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
bpegasus69  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

S.L.C., Utah United States
I guess it is always good to have two reviews on a game although I doubt that I can come close to Betty Lou Brewer's Review. I will try to come in at a different angle for all of you boomers that have not played the game yet.

This game is pure Adventure and as I played I discovered that there were no glitches or crashes which on it's own, a good thing.

The interface was very easy to use. It is mostly mouse controled with a sometimes space bar needed to move along.

If you read Betty's review you can get the minimum requirements for the game. No need to repeat.

I think this game was one of the most fun games I have played in the horror category. The graphics are very, very good. Dracula looks so real you want to run and use the bathroom when he shows his horrible face.

I have a difficult time finding this kind of game and when I do, I have to have it. The first game is yet to be loaded on my machine but when I finish it I will give you another review for that one.

Dreamcatcher has been critisized so much on the internet that I have to say we must not forget that Dreamcatcher is only the company that brings the games to us. They are not responsible for the contents.

I can really reccommend this game to anyone that loves scarry movies. It is good for teen agers as well as adults. It is a very good game for those gamers that are just starting to play Adventure games. It is simple to understand and has a riveting story. The puzzles are fun and not so difficult that you want to tear your hair out.

As always Jonathan is always trying to find Mina in the Dracula stories, this game follows true and pure. He must go through many places in order to get to her.

He knows that Dracula has her captured in his Sanctuary but getting there takes some time and patience. You will go from the sewers underground to the Highgate Cemetary where you must destroy gargoyles that are guarding Dracula's grave. This puzzle was a little bit more difficult and you might want to look at a walkthrough if you are new to gaming.

The game was my first that I was able to finish without checking out the walkthrough every way I turned. Independence is a good thing in gaming because you see so much more than you would see if you just follow the walkthrough's.

You will soon see that if you do something out of turn, it will not lock up as in some other games that are strictly linear. Therefore, making it possible to move along without worrying what you might have missed.

I would suggest that you sort of take your time on this one. The graphics and music are wonderful and keep your eyes glued to the screen.

I started it and was unable to stop it until I reached the final scene where Jonathan finally finds his beloved Mina in Dracula's Lair. He puts a ring on her finger and she becomes his at last. "Whew", this is something we are always wanting to see in a Dracula game.

All in all I would have to give the game a four star rating for continuity, ease of play and a great story. I don't know if I will play it again for a while but I enjoyed every minute while I was living and breathing it.

I hope this little review coupled with Betty Lou's will help you decide to play the game and if you do not have it, it is easily accessible on the net in several places. I always buy from Amazon but you can go to your favorite place and find it for a reasonable price.

Isn't it amazing! My first review was like pulling teeth but they seem easier each time I attempt to write one.

I was editor of the school paper many years ago and some of the who, what, where, when and why's have stayed with me I guess.

I am still very shy about writing a review but this one was very easy and I hope it helps you make up your mind whether or not you want to play it.

Any questions can be sent to my e-mail where I would be happy to help you get passed a difficult place if you need it.

Of course I speak of just very simple problems. The more serious ones are to be sent to our distinguished panel. They are so well trained and educated that you can always get help from the people that give us the first subject on the top of our board.

Thanks to all of you and remember that I love each and every one of you. You make my life a much easier trip with your support and love.

Nancy - BPEGASUS69@aol.com wave

bpeg
Re: Dracula The Last Sanctuary #87943
03/08/02 03:08 AM
03/08/02 03:08 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi bpegasus69.

Thanks for your review smile

I have already played this game but it's always very interesting to read the opinions of another player happydance

I too enjoyed it....Much more than Dracula Ressurection I have to say laugh

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Dracula The Last Sanctuary #87944
03/08/02 08:52 AM
03/08/02 08:52 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Bpeg,

I loved your review and I too really enjoyed the Dracula Series. The atmosphere and characters were so vivid.

I have such admiration for Dreamcatcher having faith in the market and bringing adventure games to us also.

I think you have the "who, what, why, where stuff down pretty good BTW. Please keep writing those reviews. smile smile

Laura

Re: Dracula The Last Sanctuary #87945
03/08/02 07:33 PM
03/08/02 07:33 PM
Rochester NH
philby Offline
Settled Boomer
philby  Offline
Settled Boomer

Rochester NH
BPeg, great review...I really enjoyed both Dracula games and sure hope they will come out with another one...
Paul

Re: Dracula The Last Sanctuary #87946
03/08/02 11:12 PM
03/08/02 11:12 PM
Northern New Jersey, USA
kat165 Offline
Addicted Boomer
kat165  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Northern New Jersey, USA
Bpeg, thank you for your review. I just started this game last night and although I'm having some stuttering probs, the graphics are gorgeous. And what atmosphere. I'm hoping that I enjoy it as much as you seemed to have. Good review and keep them coming. I love reading reviews. laugh laugh laugh

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, Mikael), 455 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users