GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#879506 - 04/08/13 04:46 PM Re: Unexpected sex scenes in games -Are not welcome [Re: vic]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Honestly, what bothers me is not sex scenes, it's the stupid remarks that developers put in their characters mouths. I played Still Life not long ago and when our rather crude heroine looked out through a missing wall at the snow (I'm directed there by a hotspot), she made some snarky comment about just loving what they'd done with the place. This thread reminded me of that and of the other times a character I was supposed to like made me want to do some cussing of my own.

Gil.

#879535 - 04/08/13 06:27 PM Re: Unexpected sex scenes in games -Are not welcome [Re: vic]
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Heemskerk, NL
If the scenes are within the context of the story (Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain) it doesn't bother me. But it is not ok if it ruins the flow of the narrative or is not in line with the character developement.

#880757 - 04/14/13 07:27 AM Re: Unexpected sex scenes in games -Are not welcome [Re: vic]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I am finally playing Cognition, it is weird to hear the lovely Raleigh Holmes from Scarlet Furies swear, but so far it does not bother me like it did in the Longest Journey. So I guess it really depends on the game, the context and the circumstances. This said, why swear in adventure games when there is no need to? I would prefer not, but I can live with it.

Oh, and that comment in Still Life where she says that she loves what they've done with the place, while it is a wreck, I thought was very funny. I enjoyed that comment, funny how we all react differently to different things.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (Rushes, Barb, kjos, michele rose, Lagavulin, stevefox, Lex, shardlake, PolloDiablo, connie), 71 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
cattitude, Jerrnej, greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate
8506 Registered Users