GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Amerzone: an excellent though compact game #87958
03/10/02 01:48 PM
03/10/02 01:48 PM
Amarillo, TX USA
Bruce Fielder Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Bruce Fielder  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Amarillo, TX USA
I started Amerzone yesterday morning and finished it just before midnight last night (had a few breaks during the game). Visually, musically and even narratively, I found this game to be one of the most enjoyable I've played. It is short, some say too short, but I even enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to play it over several sittings.

The puzzles and obstacles you have to figure out all fit in with the story and none of them were so outlandish that you can't see the relationship of what you have in inventory versus the task at hand. I also liked the fact that after you finish a chapter, the inventory items not needed going forward are deleted automatically. Many a time I've had to sift through old items that were not going to be used any longer just to get to the correct item. There is wonderfully written WT linked on this site but the game is not too difficult even without the WT. I only had to refer to the WT twice for hints, never for constant referencing.

This is a game produced with high quality not only in the visual and auditory sense, it also played without a single glitch on my Windows 2000 Professional OS. I can't say that about hardly any game these days, even those written for Win2000!

Like my copies of Myst and Riven, I'm going to keep this game. When I want to enjoy a wonderful but quick adventure game, I'll now have Amerzone to re-explore. I really hope that Microid's Siberia carries on the quality level I've experienced in Amerzone. From the looks of the excellent screen shots, it sure seems like they will. wink

Live by the Golden Rule at all times.
Re: Amerzone: an excellent though compact game #87959
03/10/02 03:19 PM
03/10/02 03:19 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Bruce,

I agree with you about Amerzone. I recently replayed it and it stood up well over time. It is short - but the replay time I spent exploring every inch of the delightful and beautiful game environments.

Thank you for choosing Amerzone to review and I look forward to more of your gaming thoughts. smile smile

Laura

Re: Amerzone: an excellent though compact game #87960
03/10/02 06:38 PM
03/10/02 06:38 PM
North aurora IL
burpee Offline
Addicted Boomer
burpee  Offline
Addicted Boomer

North aurora IL
Really enjoyed your review Bruce, mostly because I completely agree with you. I loved this game and didn't mind at all that it was short. You need a short game once in a while for diversion and this is a keeper. Keep the reviews coming. Nancy

Re: Amerzone: an excellent though compact game #87961
03/10/02 09:30 PM
03/10/02 09:30 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I've heard many gamers criticize Amerzone in the past, and rank it low on their scale of Good-to-Bad, but I was one who enjoyed it. Not long enough for me, but very nice eye candy. Nice atmospherics, scenery, etc. Maybe if the game had been longer, more people would have responded positively to it.

Re: Amerzone: an excellent though compact game #87962
03/26/02 01:20 PM
03/26/02 01:20 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks Bruce! I think this is a lovely little game about morals, and leaves you with a warm feeling. Wish there were more like it.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Amerzone: an excellent though compact game #87963
03/26/02 03:17 PM
03/26/02 03:17 PM
Battle Creek, Michigan
MacDee Offline
Adept Boomer
MacDee  Offline
Adept Boomer

Battle Creek, Michigan
Hi Bruce...

I really enjoyed your review. Amerzone is one of my favorites and will always be in my top 5. I'm glad someone finally reviewed this little gem. happydance

Because Amerzone is so easily navigated, it was one my 5 year old grandson could handle. He loves the suckerer and the water giraffes. His favorite parts were using the grapnel and giving the girl all the things he found for the egg.

This is a wonderful game for those that need a fantasy break... wink

~Dee

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users