GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#881027 - 04/15/13 09:53 AM The Lost Crown
darkhallow Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Norfolk, UK
I knpow this is an old game but I like it and was annoyed when someone accidently wiped it. I have attempted to reinstall it from the disc and tried to enter the registration code, but it wont be accepted. I've tried withe Caps Lock turned off and Caps Lock turned on. What's going on? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

#881032 - 04/15/13 10:01 AM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

This is the FAQ from Darkling Room:
Q: Cannot get the 'Password to work'.
A: US versions of The Lost Crown require a Password to be entered during installation. The password can be found on the game manual. Enter the password sequence EXACTLY as shown, including any spaces, dashes or hyphens. The password is also 'case sensitive', so use capital letters.

Some old posts states that they used the "shift" key.

Also Rushes posted this:
The only password which will work with your game will be on the cover of the game manual that came with it. Lots of folk have had trouble with the game accepting their password, however. When entering the digits, do so from the main keyboard rather than the numberpad at far right. Take care with the hyphens and that they are not entered as an underscore. Hold down the Shift key when you type capital letters rather than using CapsLock.

See if any of those tips helps. luck

#881035 - 04/15/13 10:04 AM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
Rushes Offline
The Three Pipe Moderator
True Blue Boomer

Loc: UK
Hi darkhallow,

Rather than using your Caps Lock, if capital letters are needed just hold down your Shift key for them.

For numbers, use the set above the letters on your main keyboard rather than from the numberpad over on the right.

If there are hyphens included in the code, be sure that you're not holding the shift key down for those. smile

luck

Edit: MaG got there before me! wave

Edited by Rushes (04/15/13 10:05 AM)

#881055 - 04/15/13 10:45 AM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
darkhallow Offline
Shy Boomer

Hi, tried using shift key and main keyboard numbers - no luck. The only thing written on my booklet is 'The Lost Crown' Users Manual. Have searched the disc cover and the booklet and there doesn't appear to be any other password. Have tried various combinations of upper and lower case, no joy.

#881219 - 04/15/13 10:11 PM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Is there a registration number on the front or back of the manual?

#881297 - 04/16/13 09:53 AM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
darkhallow Offline
Shy Boomer

No, there is no registratrion number on the front or back of the manual, the only thing here is MAMG009 which appears to refer to Mamba Games rather thann 'the Lost Crown'

#881326 - 04/16/13 11:40 AM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
petert Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Hampshire, UK
There is clearly something wrong here.
My manual has a rectangular section about 4cm by 1 cm, saying

Registration Code
Required for Install

then 23 alphanumeric characters in 5 blocks separated by 4 hyphens

It is printed right at the top of the front of the manual, so you can't miss it.

petert

#883181 - 04/24/13 02:27 PM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
darkhallow Offline
Shy Boomer

No, nothing like that on mine. I have put in the original registration code which worked fine on first installation but it wont work now. Thanks to all those who've tried to help, guess I'll juist chalk it up to experience.

#883189 - 04/24/13 02:53 PM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

That registration code should work again. Maybe you did not enter the code correctly; please try again. Be careful on cases, spaces and dashes. luck

#886155 - 05/07/13 01:44 PM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
darkhallow Offline
Shy Boomer

tRIED IT WITH CAPS LOCK ON AND OFF. THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL REGISTRATION CODE WHICH WORKED PERFECTLY FINE FIRST TIME. THERE IS NO OTHER NUMBER GIVEN ON THE USER MANUAL, SO THIS IS A COMPLETE MYSTERY. TRIED ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS - NO LUCK SO THANKS TO EVERYONE BUT I'M GIVING THIS UP

#886174 - 05/07/13 03:46 PM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Maybe later you can try that registration number again. luck

#886887 - 05/11/13 05:18 AM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
Have you tried it without using the caps lock key? I mean just using the shift key to get your caps. I think that is what worked for me when I had trouble with the reg code.

Sharon

Sorry, did not read back far enough to know this advice was already given.

Edited by SharonB (05/11/13 05:20 AM)

#886931 - 05/11/13 10:22 AM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for helping Sharon.

#887621 - 05/14/13 04:16 PM Re: The Lost Crown [Re: darkhallow]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
darkhallow's location says Norfolk, UK. She probably doesn't have the US version of this game, so has no password printed on her manual. Her problem is getting the original UK registration key to work. ??

Is it possible that she typed it wrong in the first place and some log cache has blocked her later efforts? It seems like that's happened to me before with a game, and I had to delete an error log somewhere. Does anyone know what I'm vaguely remembering? headscratch lol

PS: There's also a patch. Would that make a difference?

It sounds like darkhallow is understandably too frustrated to keep messing with this. So sorry, darkhallow!

I'll just add that if this were me, I'd uninstall using ccleaner, making sure I removed all registry references, etc. Probably even delete the game folder AFTER I did the uninstall so that nothing was left. Then I'd restart my computer, reinstall, and do the registration code, being careful to type all those pesky letters that look like each other.

Last resort would be to contact support: contact@darklingroom.co.uk

Edited by lanlynk (05/14/13 06:25 PM)

Moderator:  Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
15 registered (Kickaha, Bristol, Barry, manxman, BobH, Draclvr, CanukDenis, kjos, Mad, BrownEyedTigre), 84 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users