GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Cracking the Conspiracy #88102
04/18/02 04:41 PM
04/18/02 04:41 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Cracking the Conspiracy
1998 - Pixel Shop
W95/98/Nt 4.0
1st Person Sci-fi point and click adventure

This is a true "garage" game. It was written, produced, drawn, animated, coded etc. etc. by two brothers, Brian and David Mennenoh. At the time I bought it way back when you ordered it directly from their website. I have since however, seen it listed at places like CDRom Access.

To the Story -

There you are, minding your own business - taking a nap - when the doorbell rings. It's the UPS man with a pkg (no, it does not contain a game) laugh from your long lost girlfriend Kelsey. Seems she lied about where she's been the past 5 years or so. She tells you that instead of going to Africa she has been in Nevada - Area 51 to be precise - doing research on cloning aliens. Seems these aliens lost their ability to reproduce and heard we've been cloning people since the 50's (news to me). Anyway they came to earth in order to learn our techniques - at least that's what the researchers were told. Kelsey finds out that what they really want is total control over the earth. So she snuck 7 secret files into the communicator she sent you and has gone into hiding. Unfortunately they are worthless without the passwords to open them. So she asks you to sneak into Area 51, get the passwords, enter them into the communicator to open the files, find the Matter Transporter and use the coordinates she sent you to send the communicator back to her - and then get out before you're found (seems the communicator also has a tracking device in it that activates the minute any coordinates are entered). Whew, not asking much is she??

All this and the game plays directly from the CD. The only thing on your hard drive are the saves. There is also very, very little speech, but then you're supposed to be sneaking around a top secret base - I wouldn't want to be yacking to people either. There are however sound effects - when you pick something up you hear "uh, huh" and there is ambient music. So we're not talking a silent game here - just very little talking.

The puzzles run the gambit - sliders, valve opening and closing puzzles, figure out the DNA in order to open a safe, mazes, simple math puzzles, mazes ....... You even get to grow an alien happydance As long as you pay attention all the clues to the puzzles are in the game - sometimes you have to look a little bit, but they're all there.

So if you love sci-fi games this is a must play. Even if you don't love this type of game, play it anyway if for no other reason than to see what the talents of two individuals can produce.

System requirements:

Windows 95/98/NT 4.0
60 MHz or faster computer
16 MEG Ram
640X480 display, high color
4X CD Rom
Windows compitable sound card

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Cracking the Conspiracy #88103
04/18/02 08:54 PM
04/18/02 08:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you review this game today. I just opened my package from cd access and here it is!!!!Good review.Thanks!!

Re: Cracking the Conspiracy #88104
04/18/02 09:37 PM
04/18/02 09:37 PM
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Ah catsmom you are in for a treat - but a word of advice - there is a clue at the beginning of the game before you go into the mine that if you don't get then you can't get a "good" ending because there's no way to get it again - so make sure you write everything you see down - trust me on this.

Just a heads up in case you play without a wt like I did (since there wasn't one when I played) wave

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Cracking the Conspiracy #88105
04/18/02 09:51 PM
04/18/02 09:51 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Syd.

Another great review smile

I never got to finish this game myself - encountered loads of bugs - and mainly in the save/load system - so it just got impossible to progress frown

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Cracking the Conspiracy #88106
04/20/02 01:03 PM
04/20/02 01:03 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Don't forget to play the little "Rock Hopper" arcade game in the cafeteria. It isn't necessary to play it, but it has great sound effects. laugh

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 277 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users