GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#880833 - 04/14/13 03:10 PM Skyrim Dragonborn Question
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Billings, Montana
Hi everyone (I've been gone for awhile) grin!

I'm doing 'Escape Bloodskal Barrow' and I'm at the end doing the 'Black Book: The Winds of Change' mession in the world of Hermaeus Mora. My problem is I'm not able to return to the real world after choosing my destiny from the big book on the stand. When I click on the stand to leave, a pop-up says "You are unable to concentrate on what your reading". I don't know what it's talking about! I've watched the videos on You Tube of this same action and they have no problem leaving after making their destiny choice. I've played it over using a saved game and it's always the same result, I'm stuck frown. What am I doing wrong???

#880838 - 04/14/13 03:19 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
It's been a while but I think you have to read your book in inventory to return. I had a heck of a time figuring it out the first time myself.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#880843 - 04/14/13 03:44 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer

Thank you, I'll give it a try, but I did at one point open the book in my inventory and all I got was the same message about not being able to concentrate on what I was reading. What a bummer frown.

#880844 - 04/14/13 03:45 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Oldman wave

Did that fix it Milee10?

#880848 - 04/14/13 04:01 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer

No, it didn't fix anything. As soon as I open the book in inventory I get the same message. After it closes, there's a short rumble and shake (like a earth quake), and I'm still standing there.

#880866 - 04/14/13 05:43 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
I was thinking of a different quest I believe. It's possible that you might find your answer here at this site

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#880868 - 04/14/13 05:52 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: Milee10
No, it didn't fix anything. As soon as I open the book in inventory I get the same message. After it closes, there's a short rumble and shake (like a earth quake), and I'm still standing there.

Milee10, it might be a bug. I found this on the game wiki:

The Gardener of Men: Bugs

It may not be the same quest, but it sounds like the same issue. Anyway, the link lists a couple of workarounds that might help you.

#880870 - 04/14/13 05:55 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Lan wave

Did that work?

#880877 - 04/14/13 06:30 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer

It worked!!!! I let my health run out in the black muck (the little pools of the stuff wouldn't do the job, but standing up to my neck in the big black ocean of it finely depleted my health).

I'm so happy for all your help looney and lanlynk **big hug** smile. I think this forum really is the best I know of for helping people in a timely manner smile.

#880883 - 04/14/13 07:11 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: Milee10
I'm so happy for all your help looney and lanlynk **big hug** smile. I think this forum really is the best I know of for helping people in a timely manner smile.

I love GameBoomers. I'm just getting started in Skyrim myself, but when I get to Dragonborn, now I'll know what to do if I have the same problem. Helping works both ways! rah

#880884 - 04/14/13 07:18 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer

lanlynk, I wandered into 'Dragon Born' before I realized where I was. I did this one quest and now I'm going back to Skyrim, I still have a lot to do there, LOL. Thanks again smile.

#880890 - 04/14/13 08:07 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

RE: getting drawn into quests. I know how that goes. My list of Misc Quests keeps growing. I'm trying to complete some of these, but for every one I finish, another one is added! All you have to do is walk by someone and they give you a quest. LOL

Some guy asked me if I'd seen a dog, and even though I said NO! I got the beginnings of a Daedric Quest. Another time I walked by a house and got pulled into a different Daedric quest.

I remember trying to avoid Glarthir in Skingrad (Oblivion) because I didn't want to start his Paranoia quest. I would sneak into the city the back way, keeping my eye out for the guy, but it didn't matter. He found me anyway!

#880895 - 04/14/13 08:33 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Milee10]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

That's what makes those games so much fun. Glad you got it! And yes, our members are the Best! puppy

#881093 - 04/15/13 12:40 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: lanlynk]
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Oh that dog! He became my most valuable find.
Click to reveal..
Keep him! He becomes an additional follower and is a great distractor in group fights. I never returned Barbas to his human owner nor his Daedric owner.

#881118 - 04/15/13 02:51 PM Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Question [Re: Rowan]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: Rowan
Oh that dog! He became my most valuable find.

I'm in the middle of his quest now.

Click to reveal..
If I keep him, does he still talk? Pretty funny dialogue--both from him and his Daedric companion. I tried using a stray dog for a companion once, but ended up releasing him back into the wild again. His barking was driving me nuts! frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Flo NS, kjos, Moondancer, OrleansBelle, Redz, manxman, Rushes, CCbomber, 2 invisible), 56 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp, efmouse
8541 Registered Users