GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Shadows on the Vatican Chapter 1 Greed....on Zodiac #881920
04/18/13 09:01 PM
04/18/13 09:01 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
I recently discovered this game site. I have bought about 5 games. Two have given me problems. Necronicom, The Gateway or Dawning of Darkness never did run for me. I spent hours with their tech dept. trying to play with no success. I always got a greyish screen when I tried to play the game and could not get
it to even go the game itself. They kindly gave me a game credit which I used today. I bought Crystal Key 2 which runs and plays just fine. However Shadows on the Vatican just will not play correctly for me. Yes, I have contacted their tech support again. The game has settings saying, colour 32bit or run in windows. Antialiasling 84 or use hardware t&c. If I leave it at the 32 bit setting the game just will not play. I changed it to the windows mode and the game did play but with only half a game screen or it looks like only half. I did not change the anital. to the hardware t&c setting. Also it will not load a game...any suggestions appreciated.

Re: Shadows on the Vatican Chapter 1 Greed....on Zodiac [Re: linda333] #881930
04/18/13 10:03 PM
04/18/13 10:03 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
What video card do you have?
What version of Windows do you have? XP? Vista? 7? 8? 32bit or 64bit?

It may be that your computer (especially the graphics) doesn't meet the requirements for the game. Just because it can play a 9-year-old game like Crystal Key 2 doesn't mean it can play newer games -- even if the listed requirements don't seem to be very high.

I'm guessing you mean "Hardware T&L" when you say "Hardware T&C." Nearly all current graphics cards can do Hardware T&L, but you haven't listed your specs so we can't check them.

If you have Vista or Windows 7, click the Start button in the lower left of your screen and enter the word:
dxdiag
When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, check the Display tab for the "Name:" of your graphics card.

Re: Shadows on the Vatican Chapter 1 Greed....on Zodiac [Re: linda333] #881931
04/18/13 10:14 PM
04/18/13 10:14 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
Thanks for the information. I will go back and see if changing the settings helps in any way. I changed the settings to antigliasling from 8x to 4x and now the game seems to be fine.

Last edited by linda333; 04/18/13 10:42 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Draclvr), 362 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users