GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Divinity II: Developer's Cut #881210
04/15/13 09:03 PM
04/15/13 09:03 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I received an email today from Amazon.com telling me that they've upgraded my version of Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga to the Developer's Cut. No extra charge. All I have to do is download the upgraded version.

I haven't played Divinity II, but I do have it installed. I'm assuming that I should uninstall it now to install the new version. Does anyone know if there are many in-game differences between these two versions? Here's what Amazon's webpage says:

Quote:
Developer's Cut Extras

Developer Mode
Play the original version, or experience the game like the designers did and fool around with console commands to your heart's content! Ever wanted to test some new skills on a hoard of a hundred goblins? Go for it! Ever wondered what it would be like to explore the game-world in the guise of a troll? Well there you go! Discover a whole range of spectacular developer commands and feel like a wizard at play!

Hatching the Dragon
Watch this unique, behind-the-scenes documentary that gives you insights into the creative process of Divinity II: its ups and downs, its triumphs and defeats.

Treasure Vault
Rummage through a wealth of design documents, concept art and videos that give you an uncensored look at Divinity II not as a finished game, but as a work in progress. Experience firsthand just how a game is made!

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #881213
04/15/13 09:34 PM
04/15/13 09:34 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
That's super Lan!

I can't speak to the difference but if you haven't played it yet, I'd go for it. Sounds like fun wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: looney4labs] #881626
04/17/13 03:40 PM
04/17/13 03:40 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Just to let people know, from what I can tell reading online, there really aren't any in-game differences between the original Saga and the new Director's Cut.

The only advantage with DC is that you have the option to play with the console enabled. That means experimenting with character stats and skills, using cheat codes, getting your character out of trouble, or fixing glitches.

I'm in the middle of Skyrim right now, so I won't be playing Divinity II for a while, but I'll download it. Always nice to have the option of console commands.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #881646
04/17/13 04:58 PM
04/17/13 04:58 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Yes, always nice to have options. wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #881867
04/18/13 03:14 PM
04/18/13 03:14 PM
Billings, Montana
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer
Milee10  Offline
Settled Boomer

Billings, Montana
Hi lanlynk. I received the same e-mail about Divinity II, but doubt I'll download and play it. I wasn't able to finish the ending on the original because it was a timed event. There were several places in the game that I hated because it meant having to do a lot of jumping. I got through them after days of trying except for the end of the story. I absolutely loved 'Divine Devinity', but not number 2. I hope you find it much easier then I did and good luck smile.

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have any film. Mine was over exposed.
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: Milee10] #881871
04/18/13 03:24 PM
04/18/13 03:24 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Milee10, I played the original Divine Divinity several years ago, but never did Beyond Divinity. I had read that a lot of people didn't like it. Haven't even tried II yet, but heard it was better than Beyond.

I don't like a lot of action-style jumping either. I remember playing Zanzara, which I loved. But there were some quests where you had to jump on moving and twisting platforms. I really found it hard to get the hang of that. Had to give up in one area. Luckily it was optional.

Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #881887
04/18/13 04:48 PM
04/18/13 04:48 PM
Billings, Montana
Milee10 Offline
Settled Boomer
Milee10  Offline
Settled Boomer

Billings, Montana
lanlynk, I played Beyond Divinity and it wasn't the best and pretty poor by the standards of today's new games, but at least I was able to finish it with no problems, and no acrobatics involved, LOL.

Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don't have any film. Mine was over exposed.
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #881919
04/18/13 08:51 PM
04/18/13 08:51 PM
Tacoma, Washington
Annie Offline
Settled Boomer
Annie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Tacoma, Washington
Hi Lanlynk! I just finished playing the Developer's Cut. I got mine from GOG and it included the dlc Flames of Vengeance, which I thought was the most fun part of the whole game. However, there was one fairly tough (for me) situation at the end of FoV where I found it helpful the be able to use god mode, which the Developer's Cut lets you do. Have fun!

Annie
Farewell, Achenar!
"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written."
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #882038
04/19/13 10:43 AM
04/19/13 10:43 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks Annie, God mode has got to be great happydance

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: Annie] #882084
04/19/13 03:42 PM
04/19/13 03:42 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Annie, thanks for the heads-up. I've never played god mode before, but I'm not above using cheat commands. grin I also set my games on easy or the next step up. I'm all about exploration and storyline rather than hacking and slashing.

Funny thing, the other day I was playing Skyrim and fought a bad guy. It was horrible! I was gulping potions, casting heal, hiding behind columns to regain health, and still dying. I thought I'd never beat that guy. "What's up with this?" I thought, "I'm only level 12!" Come to find out, the game had reset my difficulty level to the normal setting after a glitch I had! I found it out by chance while looking at settings for something else. mad

All I can say is, if that was "normal," I must be a lousy fighter! I can't even imagine those difficult "insane" levels! eek

Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #882140
04/19/13 07:15 PM
04/19/13 07:15 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I like the same things you like, Lan, but I do find that I can play on the normal setting after getting my "sea legs" so to speak. puppy

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: looney4labs] #882353
04/20/13 02:22 PM
04/20/13 02:22 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Originally Posted By: looney4labs
I like the same things you like, Lan, but I do find that I can play on the normal setting after getting my "sea legs" so to speak. puppy

That's true, looney4labs. After a few levels, I'm better at the controls. Then the fighting gets too easy most of the time. One of the issues I was having starting Skyrim is that I'd been playing Dragon Age Origin, II, and DLC. I was used to its method of battle.

Bioware has a different fighting system. You can even pause during battle and think through who to target and what spells, etc. to use. You can "become" your followers and set their strategies too. I actually like that kind of fighting better. I prefer a strategic battle to action hacking.

Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #882377
04/20/13 03:48 PM
04/20/13 03:48 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sounds like turn-based and I really prefer that to real time.wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: looney4labs] #882397
04/20/13 04:57 PM
04/20/13 04:57 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline OP
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Sounds like turn-based and I really prefer that to real time.wave

It's related, I think, but it's really more of a hybrid--called "pausable real-time." Combat takes place in real time, but can be paused to give commands to characters. Other examples: Baldur's Gate, Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights. The Divinity games have a pause function during combat too. yes

I found this page that describes the style: Pausable Realtime

Re: Divinity II: Developer's Cut [Re: lanlynk] #882405
04/20/13 05:30 PM
04/20/13 05:30 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Lan....I like the ability to pause...My ole brain cells don't fire as quickly as they used to puppy

-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 182 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users