GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#882943 - 04/23/13 03:28 PM Myst Online - Uru Live
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
Hey everybody! wave

I found myself missing the Until Uru days so I thought I would install Myst Online - Uru Live. I was surprised to see that it is a free download now. Anyway, I was wondering, does anyone from GB play it anymore?

Rusty yay

P.S. - Did I post this in the wrong forum? duh

#882945 - 04/23/13 03:37 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
I visited Until Uru a few times. I've been thinking of doing the Myst Live, but I'm not used to online gaming. I'd love to hear about your experience once you get started. Maybe I'd be brave enough to join in. wave

If I remember correctly, isn't one of the first things you do is pick up a communicator somewhere? Wow, it's been awhile!

#882947 - 04/23/13 03:42 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I know we still have active members there because it comes up every now and again. YOu can get lots of info here if you need it.

Ana wave

#882952 - 04/23/13 04:02 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Country
I played it quite a bit... I still visit every once and awhile... I loved it.. you could go explore and play by yourself and you could go with other people when you wanted.. I had a lot of fun. If you go look for the gameboomers group in the book.. we have one.

#882957 - 04/23/13 04:18 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
Hi Ana and thank you for the link! I am already a member of the GB group, or whatever you call it. It's still fun and brings back a lot of great memories.

Rusty yay

#882984 - 04/23/13 06:36 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Ana, thanks for the link. I'll have to re-educate myself! When I did Until Uru, I stuck to the private worlds mostly. Only went into the public areas a couple of times. Chatted and played a mini-game with someone. Really neat place. After playing, I bought the Myst Reader book and read the three volumes about the lost D'ni civilization.

#883058 - 04/24/13 05:15 AM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
I had no idea it was still online!

#883434 - 04/25/13 11:51 AM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
lor Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Manchester U.K.
I pop into the hood to dust and tidy up the cone every couple of weeks or so. Saw your name on the board Rusty, never seem to run across any gameboomers sadly.

lor

#883437 - 04/25/13 12:18 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Country
Maybe we should try and set a date and time to some of on at the same time.... you---hoooo... Becky are you seeing this :-)

#883532 - 04/25/13 05:55 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
I haven't been in Myst Online/Uru since my old computer died. I'll have to install everything on the new computer and see if I can remember my password. lol

Has much changed in Uru lately?

EDIT: -- I just installed the game on my new computer. My progress appears to have been saved!

I dropped by the 'hood. It's been so long -- I've forgotten how to interact with everything.

Edited by Becky (04/25/13 06:19 PM)

#883548 - 04/25/13 07:08 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
Tomer Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel.
I stopped logging in about a year ago. It just became sad, somehow. I always think of what it could've become, *sigh* frown

#883712 - 04/26/13 03:44 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: Tomer]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Tomer, it is kind of a sad place, at least how I experienced it. I was never there during a heyday.

The idea that this is a lost civilization, that the D'ni, for the most part, are gone--that's sad to me. And some of the music is very haunting, beautiful, but melancholy.

And on a more personal note, the last time I visited Uru, my sister and I did it together. She was my gaming partner for years, and we shared all our adventures. She passed away 4 months ago, in December. It's only been recently that I've started playing games again. Very tough without her. I'm not sure I could handle the D'ni caverns.

#883800 - 04/27/13 05:03 AM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Lanlynk I'm so sorry for your loss. It can't be easy to play games without her. My older sister Lucy passed a 5 years ago and I still miss her. I hope it will get easier in time for you. Take Care. You're never alone gaming here on GB.

#883903 - 04/27/13 02:33 PM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: Kaki's Sister]
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer

Kaki's Sister: thank you. Didn't mean to sound so down here. Sometimes it just hits me. I've really appreciated the GameBoomers community. Maybe I should check out Myst Online again. I always thought it was a great concept.

#884027 - 04/28/13 10:06 AM Re: Myst Online - Uru Live [Re: friedmonky]
mj2c Offline
Settled Boomer

Is it a proper game or is it just a social thing? I do remember installing it a few years ago but dont think I got round to having a go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (curly, Urban Worrier, rmt, Kayc), 47 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
medusachick, GlitzyGal72, Bellman, B_McAtee, pignose
8513 Registered Users