GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Eleventh Hour Review #88296
11/07/04 09:40 PM
11/07/04 09:40 PM
Neptune,NJ
Bonnie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Bonnie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Neptune,NJ
I've decided to post a review of this game since nobody else has and what the heck-why not right?

This game is a Sequel to The Seventh Guest-A game produced by the now no longer in business Trilobyte company-I know what your thinking-ugh-sequel-worse than the original-right-well actually no-not this time-The Eleventh hour seems to hold up pretty well-IMHO-its different-sure-but it seems to hold up nonetheless-

You start off as Carl Denning Ace Reporter for Case unsolved and at the beginning of the game 2 things happen-your producer dissappears-and you get a package at your doorstep-all of which causes you to jump on your snazzy little motorcycle and head to-you got it-Stauf's mansion- what happens after that is controlled by a series of puzzles and riddles you solve supplied by Stauf-some easy-some downright maddening-but all potentially solvable-MOST of the time-even the guidebook admits some of the puzzles are not solveable-which brings me to my first gripe-why have a puzzle that's unsolveable-what's the fun in that-

the interface is-well-ok I guess-its the same as the seventh guest-its point and click with no panning at all-on faster processors you will end up moving REALLY fast so be prepared for that-

The best part of this game however-is the FMV-I can't recall any other game-maybe somebody else can-where they actually made a separate movie just for the FMV sequences-the acting to me is really well done-for the most part-

All in all I really do enjoy this game-even though some of the puzzles drive me NUTS!

It never bodes well to leave a live dragon out of your calculations-
J.R.R Tolkien
Re: The Eleventh Hour Review #88297
11/09/04 12:04 PM
11/09/04 12:04 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Thanks for the information Bonnie! I avoided this one when it first came out because it was scary and I thought I didn't like being scared. Then I played Dark Fall. Whole new vistas of the enjoyment of absolute terror were awakened for me.

Is Eleventh Hour scarier than Dark Fall? On a fear scale of 1 to 10, where a baby giggling is 1 and Dark Fall is 8, where would you put it?

Re: The Eleventh Hour Review #88298
11/09/04 03:40 PM
11/09/04 03:40 PM
Neptune,NJ
Bonnie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Bonnie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Neptune,NJ
Becky I don't think ANYTHING is scarier than dark fall-but that's just me- hmmm- I would honestly put it about a five- a little gory yes-scary-not really-but that's only because I've gotten the optimum ending every time-

It never bodes well to leave a live dragon out of your calculations-
J.R.R Tolkien
Re: The Eleventh Hour Review #88299
11/09/04 04:35 PM
11/09/04 04:35 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
Adept Boomer

Texas
Becky, a baby giggling is a 10 to me - Sanitarium spooked me so much with those little kids!

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: The Eleventh Hour Review #88300
11/04/05 06:07 PM
11/04/05 06:07 PM
the desert foothills
Liz Offline
Addicted Boomer
Liz  Offline
Addicted Boomer

the desert foothills
I loved the 11th hour........even though Stauf became very annoying with his snide remarks. Course I love FMV anyway...... happydance

Beeba
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users