GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Diamond Mystery in Rosemond Valley #88353
09/21/02 12:28 AM
09/21/02 12:28 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Here's my first attempt at a mini review.The box reads, Slueth your way to the truth! A case of missing jewels remains unsolved-you are now a news reporter determined to find the truth. Solve this mystery and put the thieves behind bars!
Minimum system requirements Pentium II 266mtz or 100%compatible
Windows 95/98/ME/XP
64 MB Ram
1000Mb hard disk space to install all 3 games(I only installed this one)
8 MB DixectX compliant 3D graphic accelerator
Directx compliant sound card
Directx 7 or higher
4X cd rom drive
Mouse
Rated Everyone (suggestive themes)

I am currantly playing on a Win xp,and the game set my settings, so I did"nt have to do anything but put in the Cd.
This game uses the keyboard and the arrow keys.
Walking around takes getting used to, but I am doing fine(banging into things).It is in the 3rd person.
To talk to someone in the game you use the U key.
To look at an item you use the L key.
Inventory can be accessed by the I key.
I havent used the mouse yet,dont know if I need to.
M is for the Map
N is for the notebook.
The game starts out with the opening shot of someone stealing some jewels,(pretty nice )and then it starts the game.
The main character is Emma, she also has deep pockets cause thats where she keeps the inventory.
You start out in the Newspaper office talking with your new Boss, To begin conversations you have to wait till their name is on the bottom of the screen and then you hit the enter key to talk with them. There are different people working there that you can talk with. Bob starts you out with your first quest..
So far the game isnt bad, and I find it very interesting, some of the voices are pretty funny to listen to.You cant walk everywhere until the story unfolds more, and if you try, she just turns around and heads back..
So far I would give the game a B (cause I like first person better).
Bought the game at Comp USA and its in the childrens section under the Title " Let it Ride" also comes with 2 other games about horses.
Well this is my first attempt at a review, hope you like it..

Re: The Diamond Mystery in Rosemond Valley #88354
09/21/02 06:10 AM
09/21/02 06:10 AM
Clarksboro, NJ
KarenNJ Offline
Settled Boomer
KarenNJ  Offline
Settled Boomer

Clarksboro, NJ
Catsmom, Great review you really gave us a clear explaination of the game it sounds pretty good, although I am not a fan of keyboard games the plot does interest me...Great job...

Karen wave

Re: The Diamond Mystery in Rosemond Valley #88355
09/21/02 10:15 AM
09/21/02 10:15 AM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Hi catsmom2 - great review. Sounds like a fun game - I don't mind keyboard controlled games anymore even though I can't tell left from right most the time and I love third person games. Might just have to look into this (nope I don't already own it) lol

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 306 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users