GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
downloading Testament Sherlock #883483
04/25/13 03:45 PM
04/25/13 03:45 PM
Port Orange,Fla.
Beerhead Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Beerhead  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Port Orange,Fla.
Please forgive me for asking again.I want to download Testament of Sherlock Holmes from Amazon.Can you lead me somewhere so I can understand how to do this.I have Windows XP and an almost full disc space.I get confused at what to do and when to do it.I have very limited computer knowledge so I need simple direction.Been with Gameboomers a long time and still need a lot of help.Thank you very much.I've already lost money at least twice before trying to download a game,once I got my money back.

Re: downloading Testament Sherlock [Re: Beerhead] #883486
04/25/13 03:59 PM
04/25/13 03:59 PM
M
mj2c Offline
Addicted Boomer
mj2c  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Well if your disk is almost full I wouldnt bother as you will need space to download the game and more space to install it. How full is almost full?

Re: downloading Testament Sherlock [Re: mj2c] #883516
04/25/13 05:09 PM
04/25/13 05:09 PM
Port Orange,Fla.
Beerhead Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Beerhead  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Port Orange,Fla.
I mean there's almost nothing used on it.I have 264 GB

Re: downloading Testament Sherlock [Re: Beerhead] #883541
04/25/13 06:39 PM
04/25/13 06:39 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Beerhead, this can be kind of a complex operation. But after you buy a game, you should receive an email with download instructions. Read over that first. Here are some basic steps, but it's difficult to explain because the download process could vary based on which game it is.

In order to download a game you purchased from Amazon, you'll need to know where to find your game and you'll probably need to install the Game Downloader if you haven't already.

1. If you already have Amazon's Games and Software Downloader installed, find the shortcut to it and get it started.

2. To find your Game library, look at the top middle-right side of Amazon's webpage under Account. If you hover your mouse over that, a menu will open up. Click on the Your Games and Software library link.

3. Your listed game will have a button that says Download by it. Click on that to get started. If your purchase includes a product key, click Show Product Keys under the title in Your Games & Software Library. You also may need to select which computer you wish to download the game to from the dropdown list near the Download button.

4. If you've already opened the Downloader, the download should start by itself. Otherwise, you'll need to click on the link to install the Downloader first. After it installs, the game download will start. On some of the games, you may get an automatic option to download the installer just by clicking the game Download button. You'll see a browser option to run this installer. Do so, then start the download that way.

Here's a link with details:
Installing the Amazon Downloader and a Game

5. Once the game is downloaded, you should see a window with the button to Install the game. Once installed and the game starts and authenticates itself, you may need to put in the Product Keys found in your Games Library.

Good Luck!

Last edited by lanlynk; 04/25/13 06:44 PM.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: downloading Testament Sherlock [Re: Beerhead] #883575
04/25/13 10:22 PM
04/25/13 10:22 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Graduate Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Ah, you mean it's almost empty, right? If that's the case, it all depends on where you purchase the game. Each website has it's own process. Lanlynk has given great instructions for Amazon. But if you order the game from somewhere else, the process may be different.

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: downloading Testament Sherlock [Re: Beerhead] #883669
04/26/13 11:32 AM
04/26/13 11:32 AM
Port Orange,Fla.
Beerhead Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Beerhead  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Port Orange,Fla.
Thank you very much Lanlynk,much appreciated.I'll let you know how I make out.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Kaki's Sister), 239 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users