GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Cluedo Fatal Illusion PC requirements #883710
04/26/13 03:37 PM
04/26/13 03:37 PM
G
gardener44 Offline OP
Junior Boomer
gardener44  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
G

Hi does anyone know if I can get this game to play on windows 7? it says it'll play on 98, me and win2000, is there anything I can do to get the discs to read on my windows 7 system? thanks in advance

Re: Cluedo Fatal Illusion PC requirements [Re: gardener44] #883715
04/26/13 04:07 PM
04/26/13 04:07 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Hi gardener44, welcome to GameBoomers.

I'll move this thread across to our tech forum, where the experts there will be able to advise you. luck

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Cluedo Fatal Illusion PC requirements [Re: gardener44] #883731
04/26/13 05:59 PM
04/26/13 05:59 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
The only websites I found were either selling the game or suggested using compatibility mode (on the installer before installing, and/or on the game's exe or shortcut itself). Make sure to run it as an administrator (by right-clicking the Setup and choosing to Run As Administrator). Check the boxes for "disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition" on the compatibility tab.
You may also need to install the game someplace other than C:\Program Files.

There are a couple of patches for the game, but they aren't specifically for Windows 7.
http://www.patches-scrolls.com/search.php?game=clue&platform=1&cnt=25

Re: Cluedo Fatal Illusion PC requirements [Re: gardener44] #883879
04/27/13 01:44 PM
04/27/13 01:44 PM
G
gardener44 Offline OP
Junior Boomer
gardener44  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
G

Thanks for answering my query, I don't know unfortunately where to find the "disable visual themes" or desktop composition, I only get to click on a picture of the game it asks me if I want to install it and I click yes, then it sounds like it tries running the disc but it doesn't do anything...I cant find the setup.exe either? I'll go back into it now and try to find the compatibility tab though thanks.

Re: Cluedo Fatal Illusion PC requirements [Re: gardener44] #883899
04/27/13 02:18 PM
04/27/13 02:18 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: gardener44
I don't know unfortunately where to find the "disable visual themes" or desktop composition

Right-click the shortcut for the game
Choose Properties
Choose Compatibility tab
There should be checkboxes there for "disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition."

Quote:
I only get to click on a picture of the game it asks me if I want to install it

Disabling visual themes and desktop composition is more useful after you've installed the game.

Quote:
and I click yes, then it sounds like it tries running the disc but it doesn't do anything...

Sounds like something is blocking the install then. Maybe your computer can't read the disc or maybe an antivirus or antimalware is blocking it. Or if the game is already installed, maybe it just refuses to install it over a previous install. If that's the case, try uninstalling it first.

Quote:
I cant find the setup.exe either? I'll go back into it now and try to find the compatibility tab though thanks.

What was the file you clicked that gave you the "picture" you were talking about when you said: "I only get to click on a picture of the game it asks me if I want to install it"
If you got that by autorun, then see if you find an Autorun.exe file on the disc that you can change compatibility of.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Kaki's Sister), 239 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users