GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
LARGO WINCH , my take on it - #88411
11/10/02 07:25 AM
11/10/02 07:25 AM
LONDON
M
MVWINTER Offline OP
Shy Boomer
MVWINTER  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
M

LONDON
I recently started LARGO WINCH – and yet another good surprise ! ( last good surprise was SYBERIA ) – and while its not quite on that level - it's a really pleasant well constructed adventure - what I really like are the graphics and the story – both somewhat stylized and caricatured – and if you can ignore the James bond-ISH set ups and the subsequent treatment of women, which is just as "cartoonish' – this is a really fun adventure ( you get to go places, be "adventurous', etc. ) –

SURE – its not difficult – in fact its probably one of the easiest and most linear adventures ever ( but that's ok – as it's a good entertaining ride ) what I admired most is the graphics – the mix of a fully 3d environment with 3d characters with out having to resort to first person or a tomb raider prospective – in fact its like an old fashioned 3rd person adventure prospective ( GK1 for example but in 3D ) – in a way its like GK3 but without the "free camera' . In "LARGO' the camera swoops and pans but its never "free' – its almost like watching a scene through a cinematic view– and this really gives you an enforced cinematic angle of scenes (which is think is great as it setting up the visuals at their best most dramatic ) so, while I liked the freedom of exploration of GK3s camera – that free camera exposed some of the limitations of the 3D engine of that game and lost some of the careful photography of a well places view ( restricted ) . However "LARGO' definitely deserves mention for the well realized art direction which ties in with the unreal – adventurous / comic book-ish ( plus I liked all the MODIGLIANIs on the walls )

I also think that this is a great adventure for introducing people to the genera – simple yet enjoyable –

If I could have changed something – well larger dialogue trees and more interactivity ( again like SYBERIA it restricts your actions to only what's needed to progress the story – no extra side "quests' exist ) - so juts a "beefing up' of the "things to do' wold have made this even better –

However – LARGO WINCH is just a great little game ( and very cheep too – 15 pounds )

Re: LARGO WINCH , my take on it - #88412
11/11/02 08:00 PM
11/11/02 08:00 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Great review!

I completely agree with everything you said about Largo Winch. It was a little difficult to get - but not impossible. I wasn't sure what to expect - but IU was very happy with the game. I also thought it was an excellent play after Syberia and Dark Fall.

I really had a blast, loved the hacking puzzles and with the exception of one particularly hard (luck wise) fight, I think you know the one I mean, I thought the turn based stuff was not hard at all. I have been tepid abut doing that part of the Final Fantasy games and feel like this is a great game to get a baby step exposure to that aspect of RPG's turn based fighting.

I am really hoping that they do another Largo Winch game as I will definitely buy it. smile

Laura

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 257 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users