GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Category of HOG games? #884575
04/30/13 02:58 PM
04/30/13 02:58 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Are the considered "Casual" or "Adventure" games? If I have a question, where is the best place to post? I need help finding an object. smile

(Game: Hidden Mysteries: Civil War)

Re: Category of HOG games? [Re: Reenie] #884578
04/30/13 03:07 PM
04/30/13 03:07 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
They are casual games. Please follow the directions stickied on top of the forum for posting a screen you need help with.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Category of HOG games? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #884602
04/30/13 04:19 PM
04/30/13 04:19 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I am at the Wilderness, and need to pick up a "kerosene lantern." I can see one in the left foreground, but it is unresponsive to clicks. I'm wondering if a second one is hiding elsewhere?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "follow directions stickied on top of the forum for posting a screen (shot)." There is a row of icons above this message box, and only the IMAGE icon looked appropriate, but it wants a URL. I have a screen shot ready.

Re: Category of HOG games? [Re: Reenie] #884605
04/30/13 04:27 PM
04/30/13 04:27 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, here are Ana's instructions for posting a screenshot:

Posting Screenshots

Just scroll down until you get to the second post about screenshots. wave

EDIT: I just took a look on the Big Fish forum and I see players who had a problem with the game not letting them pick up the kerosene lamp (mentioning a lamp in the bottom left of the screen). It sounds like a glitch, and since the game does not generate the same item list each time, one suggestion was to start the game under a different profile and maybe the game won't end up on your item list the next time through the game.

So, this could be a glitch. You may want to contact Customer Support about this if you don't wish to restart the game and try again. wave

Last edited by Marian; 04/30/13 04:40 PM. Reason: added info
Re: Category of HOG games? [Re: Marian] #884614
04/30/13 05:04 PM
04/30/13 05:04 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, hon. Oh, great. "Restart the game" has to be the most dreaded answer you can get, eh? ha ha ha <wipes tears from eyes>

I don't think I'll go forward with it, if that is what it would take. It is NOT that good a game, and I'm only playing it to kill a day until our plane leaves. I'm just glad I didn't pay for it.

The pictures are fuzzy, the objects are often false colors, most of them bear no relationship to their locations, and most of the time not to the Civil War time period, either. Each screen is just a vast litter site. To make it worse, there is apparently a VERY tiny spot to click on to select each object, because I have often had to resort to the HINT option and then seen the object I had already clicked on light up! Not only that, the story backgrounds add nothing to the game. I have played a few HOGs, and they were MUCH better than this poor excuse.

This is not meant to be a Review, so I'll stop with the complaints. Just a head's up: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME. In fact, don't even play it if it is free. LOL

Re: Category of HOG games? [Re: Reenie] #884625
04/30/13 06:03 PM
04/30/13 06:03 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, I'm not saying for sure that this is the problem, but I did think it was worth mentioning. And I have heard that this game has very hard-to-see items indeed. grin

Have a good trip. wave

Re: Category of HOG games? [Re: Marian] #884633
04/30/13 06:47 PM
04/30/13 06:47 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Yes, I think you are right. I checked on it, too, and it is a bug. The way the game is set up, there is no work-around. No big loss, though. I was getting fatigued with the object hunts. I actually was using a large magnifying glass on my screen! Imagine that. ha ha ha What a silly game design.

Thanks for the good wishes on our trip. Going to spend the next 3 weeks+ exploring Turkey and the Aegean. Woo hoo!

Re: Category of HOG games? [Re: Reenie] #884637
04/30/13 06:58 PM
04/30/13 06:58 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: Reenie

Thanks for the good wishes on our trip. Going to spend the next 3 weeks+ exploring Turkey and the Aegean. Woo hoo!

Wow! Have a wonderful time! wave dance

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (LadyLinda, TLC, 1 invisible), 285 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users