GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#724392 - 05/14/11 03:26 PM Re: Adam's Venture ep 1 - won't launch after installation [Re: Jenny100]
ikonius Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
forgive my noobness Jenny but I've checked the game's system requirements.

Is my ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series more performant than the suggested X1300?

Is it me or is the game geared more toward the GeForce series?

#724396 - 05/14/11 03:42 PM Re: Adam's Venture ep 1 - won't launch after installation [Re: ikonius]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Your card is better -- as long as it's a physical card and not onboard graphics.

The game uses PhysX, which can only be rendered in hardware using a Geforce card. So yes the game is geared more toward the Geforce series, though it should play fine with your card.

#724399 - 05/14/11 03:48 PM Re: Adam's Venture ep 1 - won't launch after installation [Re: Jenny100]
ikonius Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hence my problem. I've update my own ATI drivers to the latest ones.

As for the nocd part, does it mean I need to copy the whole content of the Adams venture cd without installing, and then use the nocd?

Lastly, whenever I try to install the AMD software, it keeps telling me it isn't compatible but still lets me launch (or try to) the game. So why install it at all?

I'm lost. Before I give up on this game altogether, could I send you a copy of my dxdiag so you could get a better picture of my situation please?

Hope it's not asking too much...

Edited by ikonius (05/14/11 03:50 PM)

#724423 - 05/14/11 06:28 PM Re: Adam's Venture ep 1 - won't launch after installation [Re: ikonius]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: ikonius
As for the nocd part, does it mean I need to copy the whole content of the Adams venture cd without installing, and then use the nocd?

You need to apply the NoCD after installing the game.

Quote:
Lastly, whenever I try to install the AMD software, it keeps telling me it isn't compatible but still lets me launch (or try to) the game. So why install it at all?

I think you mean the PhysX software. The hardware version isn't compatible with ATI cards, but the software version should work. So I'd ignore the error as long as the game works.

Quote:
I'm lost. Before I give up on this game altogether, could I send you a copy of my dxdiag so you could get a better picture of my situation please?

I don't know if it will clear matters up, but feel free to go ahead and post it in the forum. If I don't see any problem, Inland or one of our other GB members may spot something.

#884994 - 05/02/13 04:20 AM Re: Adam's Venture ep 1 - won't launch after installation [Re: ikonius]
MrMentalD Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Finland
I have Win7 64 bit and I too had problems with the game. Turned out all i needed to do was to remove my latest PhysX drivers and let the game install the outdated ones. Seems kinda dull, 'cause I bought the game as downloadable, that the game isn't fixed straight to modern pc

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (butterflybabe, Gimme, BrownEyedTigre, kjos, Draclvr, glozza, BobH, Pandora, niteowl07, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users