GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
finished Another old game:Kings Quest V #88506
03/20/03 04:17 PM
03/20/03 04:17 PM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

florida
Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder-from 1990
Having read so many positive reviews for the KQ series, managed to BAAg this one on e-bay for $2.50(including postage!) This pre-Myst game stands up well, even next to todays more advanced graphics. King Grahm's quest to find his stolen family and castle takes him through several colorful worlds-
Serenia, with gypsies, elves, and a midieval cookoo clock village.
The Desert, with a robbers camp and beautiful oasises,and a mysterious temple.
The Dark forest, with wicked witch and elves.
The Mountains, icy and forbidding, inhabited by a yeti and an ice queen, as well as some weird birds.
The Beach, a boat and an island, then the infamous Maze puzzle and of course the final battle with Mordack to get King Grahm's family out of captivity.
Favorite charcter in this one is Cedric, the owl who accompanies Graham everywhere and warns him in a pesky, owlish voice when he is about to enter a danger zone. Like Arthur, the little robot in Journeyman Legacy of Time.
Remember to save after tight spots and before new places- Grahm can die in unexpected places as you go exploring.
Game installed smoothly in 256 colors and 640X480.
Gameplay simple & straightforward, you choose icons for walking, picking things up, ect.
This would be a great game for kids-there are people -and animals-who are appreciative and helpful, as well as baddies to defeat.There is color and imaination as well.
Now I see why the KQ series has been given such high marks- glad I BAAGed King's Quest VI as well!
Am sort of new to AGs, having just discovered them about a year ago.
So far have played:
Myst, Riven, Exile, Atlantis 2, Amerzone,Byzantine, TLJ,Zork Nemisis,
Titanic adv.out of Time,Indiana Jones Infernal Machine, TombraiderI, Journeyman Legacy of Time.
Have also BAAGed about 30 others, lord knows when I'll have a chance to play them all.Good thing I'm retired!
Thanks to all GBers who have been so helpful when I've gotten stuck.This board is the greatest.

People do not remember how much you know,only how you make them feel
finished Gray Matter, playing Alice Madness returns and Deponia
Re: finished Another old game:Kings Quest V #88507
03/20/03 05:23 PM
03/20/03 05:23 PM
San Francisco
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer
fov  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco
glad you enjoyed it! King's Quest 5 was the first of the KQ games (and maybe the first sierra game?) to use the point-and-click interface. a lot of people actually dislike this game because there are a few obnoxious dead ends (like if you don't hit the cat with the shoe when it runs by, you never get another chance...) as for cedric... he's a love him or hate him kind of guy. i don't mind him that much, but i've never played the talkie version (yet!)

if you liked KQ5, you're going to *love* KQ6. it's the best in the series. you should also check out the KQ1 and KQ2 remakes by tierra -- they're free for download at www.tierraentertainment.com

laugh emily

Re: finished Another old game:Kings Quest V #88508
03/20/03 05:34 PM
03/20/03 05:34 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
I loved KQ5 - I bought them when they came out on CD Rom so I played them in order. It was such a treat to see how the graphics progressed over the years. I do agree with emily - KQVI is just a terrific game - you're going to love it.

As far as cedric - I have to admit by the end of the game I was ready to pluck him laugh

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: finished Another old game:Kings Quest V #88509
03/21/03 10:42 PM
03/21/03 10:42 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi.

Great games both !! laugh

I re play them regularly happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 226 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users