GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#884705 - 05/01/13 01:10 AM Re: Steam downloads [Re: oldman]
Butcher Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Larnaca, Cyprus
I downloaded a couple of Steam games some days ago and I didn't notice any problems. If you are not sure whether there is a problem with your ISP do a speedtest to see whether it's actually reaching its full dl speed. Choose a server close to where you live and see how well it does:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Spyros

R.I.P Cliff Burton

#884880 - 05/01/13 04:17 PM Re: Steam downloads [Re: Butcher]
lanlynk Online   content
Settled Boomer

Loc: Alaska
Thanks Spyros, my internet speed is not what it should be right now. When my Steam download is finished, I think I'll call my ISP and see if they can reset me again.

#884888 - 05/01/13 04:36 PM Re: Steam downloads [Re: oldman]
oldman Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
In the past, when my steam download was incredibly slow (more so than usual) I signed off Steam and signed on again and that helped to speed it up a little.

It does take a really long time and I've accepted that. I now start a download before I go to bed and, barring problems, it is downloaded when I get up the next day.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#884971 - 05/01/13 10:43 PM Re: Steam downloads [Re: oldman]
lanlynk Online   content
Settled Boomer

Well, I finally got LA Noire downloaded and installed. I was so nervous those last few minutes! "Don't fail. Don't fail. Don't fail." lol Three full days to download this, going day and night. I think I need to turn my poor computer off for a deserved rest!

I did some checking though, and apparently you can backup/transfer a downloaded Steam game to play on another computer or reinstall if needed, without going through the whole download process again. I will definitely back up my games just in case.

Here's a guide to that:
Steam Game Backup

Oh, and BTW, my DH asked me about the slow speeds my ISP was giving me. He says tomorrow he's going down there in person to ask why he's paying full price for half a service. HA!

#885061 - 05/02/13 10:42 AM Re: Steam downloads [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Online   content
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Lan, so glad you finally got it. I hope your husband gets a satisfactory answer. wave

#885098 - 05/02/13 02:15 PM Re: Steam downloads [Re: looney4labs]
lanlynk Online   content
Settled Boomer

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Lan, so glad you finally got it. I hope your husband gets a satisfactory answer. wave

Well, of course, the people he'll initially talk to won't have anything to do with the issue, but sometimes, if you approach them right (without growling!), they'll try to run interference for you and give you a little "insider" help if they can. We'll see. smile

#885174 - 05/02/13 08:44 PM Re: Steam downloads [Re: oldman]
Draclvr Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
My son sent me an email titled, "Jealous?" last night. It was a screenshot of his speeds with the most recent upgrade he made with his cable ISP. It showed 33.44 Mbps download and 4.40 Mbps upload. I responded with, "Gaaaaa... I would sell my firstborn for those speeds. Oh, wait. You ARE my firstborn."

Only in my dreams.....

#885177 - 05/02/13 09:05 PM Re: Steam downloads [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Online   content
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Woot Drac, that is great rotfl

#885224 - 05/03/13 03:34 AM Re: Steam downloads [Re: looney4labs]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
"Gaaaaa... I would sell my firstborn for those speeds. Oh, wait. You ARE my firstborn."

lol lol lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Marian, mountainchef, lanlynk, Sherlock, mcc, oldman, ramona, kjos, looney4labs, Sorta Blonde), 79 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users