GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Tex Murphy : Under a Killing Moon #88615
08/10/03 02:13 AM
08/10/03 02:13 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi.

Here's another of "Mad's Mini Thingies" for your perusal slapforehead

Under a Killing Moon - the third in a series of five games - is my favourite Tex Murphy Adventure.

[My version is DOS. I don't know whether any other version has been released.]

OK ?? Let's get goin'......

Can you imagine anything quite so way out as a "noir" style detective story set in a "post nuclear war" future ?? Hmmmmm ??

Well, you don't need to because this Tex Murphy tale was born from that exact base and gives life to an exciting and intriguing game - which you'll surely find yourself addicted to after the first ten minutes........... smile

The star of the show - your typically down at heel private eye - is one Tex Murphy. Astute investigator and hilarious natural wit.
On a mission to ....What ??.... Save The World From Evil Baddies ??
Yeah, I know. You've been there before and you'll go there again but unless it's with Tex it just won't ever be the same laugh

[I found myself frantically messing at the keyboard one minute and nearly falling off my seat with laughter the next !! What a character !!]

The story unfolds in the war ravaged streets of post nuclear San Francisco where mutants, mingling with what's left of humanity, appear to be under threat from a secret and sinister organisation and naturally Tex gets to be the one who lands the job of sorting everything out.

The graphics are tremendous considering the age of this game, and you find yourself really enjoying the extremely easy and effective mouse/keyboard combination navigation system - which was revolutionary at the time.

Dialogue is just simply the best - with "mood" options for even more entertainment.
And the music is definitely "noirish" enough.
[Can't you just tell I like this game ?? : devil ]

There are timed sequences in some sections of the game which can result in your unfortunate demise - and which are not my favourite bits - but because this is such a compelling game, you'll find yourself somehow getting through them regardless.

The epilogue scenes are something absolutely NOT to be missed. Side splitting just doesn't do them justice lol

So, there you have it !! Now go and play it !!

Live a little....No, live a lot !! Hehehe.

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Tex Murphy : Under a Killing Moon #88616
08/12/03 10:34 AM
08/12/03 10:34 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Great review of one of my favorite Tex games. That was whimsical. Made me smile and think of the whole Tex atmosphere.

Never can have too many reviews of any of the Tex series games. But, hmmm come to think about it..we really do need one on Overseer though! Ohhhh Mad smile smile

My UAKM review is still here at the BR with all the comments and such. smile

UAKM

Laura

Re: Tex Murphy : Under a Killing Moon #88617
09/06/03 10:20 PM
09/06/03 10:20 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I just discovered Tex with Overseer which I played this week. Now I'm going after the earlier games. I bought UAKM on ebay, should have it by end of next week. Just before Overseer I played Discworld Noir which put me in the mood for another detective game and the one I found was Overseer.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Tex Murphy : Under a Killing Moon #88618
09/18/03 11:09 AM
09/18/03 11:09 AM
florida
bigmamma1 Offline
Settled Boomer
bigmamma1  Offline
Settled Boomer

florida
Hi Mad- enjoyed your review of Tex-UAKM very much. I too was blown away by this great game and had to attempt a review- BAAGed my copy on e-bay, also have Overseer, but have put off playing it "cause when that's finished I won't have another Tex game to play!

Why oh why aren't any more being developed in this series?

People do not remember how much you know,only how you make them feel
finished Gray Matter, playing Alice Madness returns and Deponia
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users